Sign in to follow this  
GunSmith

Music on a 360

Are the songs and albums I rip to my XBox stored on my Gamer Profile?

That is, should my HDD crap out on me, will I be able to download my GP and recover the music I had?

Any help is most definitely appreciated.

No. I think Xbox has some kind of cloud storage feature for save games and such but nothing for items like that.

God damn it. I have about 700 songs on there.

No. I think Xbox has some kind of cloud storage feature for save games and such but nothing for items like that.

They might do, but it doesn't seem financially viable for them to offer Xbox live with a cloud service and hosting what's probably 2gbs of music.

They might do, but it doesn't seem financially viable for them to offer Xbox live with a cloud service and hosting what's probably 2gbs of music.

Much obliged.

I have all my music copied onto my external harddrive, and i just keep that plugged into my xbox. Works like a charm. B)

I did that til mine crapped out, but my problem was that it slowed down the UI. Does this occur with yours?

It takes a little while to load whatever im trying to play initially, so during that ill go make a sandwich or something. but after that its fine. Most of the time ill just pick a huge playlsit or a certain artist and go with that so i dont have to go back to load. It's pretty much my only option since almost all my music is torrented.