Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney-1

Game developer creates a USB stick PC for $25

That's actually a cool idea. A mini plug-and-play computer that does the basic things. How fast and well it performs is to be determined (by the users) but it sounds very promising. Just goes to show how far computers have come and how small they keep getting.

Reminds me of this movie:

220px-The_First_20_Million_Is_Always_the_Hardest.jpg

Lol it's the real photoshop portable!!!

Nice little bit of tech there. Hopefully next we will only require a thin flexable touch screen that we can stick in our bag/briefcase to plug into that usb-pc.

OMG it's David Braben! I instantly recognized the name but it took me a few moments to remember where I had heard that name before, and that was about 17-18 years ago. Braben wrote Elite and Frontier: Elite II. Very skilled programmer, he managed to fit Elite II onto just one single 880 kByte 3 1/2" diskette!

It's unbelievable how small and cheap computers can be, wristwatches are smaller but they can't browse the web and handle office applications (yet).

The next step could perhaps be to make it wireless and build the pc in a mouse...

Good story. :)

OMG it's David Braben! I instantly recognized the name but it took me a few moments to remember where I had heard that name before, and that was about 17-18 years ago. Braben wrote Elite and Frontier: Elite II. Very skilled programmer, he managed to fit Elite II onto just one single 880 kByte 3 1/2" diskette!

It's unbelievable how small and cheap computers can be, wristwatches are smaller but they can't browse the web and handle office applications (yet).

The next step could perhaps be to make it wireless and build the pc in a mouse...

Good story. :)

You do fit a screen (Sort of) into the Watch though.

• Like 1