Sign in to follow this  
JamieMilne

specifications for a game

hey. Thinking about buying the new SimCity when it's out next year, but I know my current pc wouldn't be able to handle it at its fullest settings. And getting the new command and conquer, and I know for sure it won't handle that.

but I had a look at a 'build your own pc' website to match the specifications of the new sim city game, and the sites don't have the hardware listed for sim city, I think there a bit outdated.

So could anyone tell me what the latest equivalent versions of the specifications are. I have listed them below.

thanks

Processor

• AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better / Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better

Operating system:

[/left]

• Windows XP/Vista/7

RAM:

[/left]

• 1.5GB (Windows XP)
  • 2GB (Windows Vista / Windows 7)
  • 2GB (built-in graphical chipset)

Graphics card:

[/left]

• ATI X1800 or better*
  • nVidia 7800 or better*
  • Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better*
  • (*Minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better support)

DVD-ROM:

[/left]

• 8x or better

Basically anything new is better than that. The 7800 and X1800 are very old now (close to 6 years I think) and you'll struggle to see anything within the past 3 years sold retail or e-commerce.

Start out with the falcon guide.

http://tinyurl.com/falconguide

Find your budget and then buy the parts from eBuyer and build the PC! If theres any companies you dont like on there you can always switch them out, it is just a guide of course and you may find something on sale better and cheaper than the part listed in the guide.

Oh and for reference, if you ever want to compare two graphics cards, use this to find the best:

http://www.hwcompare.com/