Sign in to follow this  
angeal18

South Park: The Stick of Truth

this hasn't had a single review yet... when that happens, i tend to worry about the quality of the game... i need to read some reviews so i can form my own opinion on if i'll like it or not... i am on the fence about this because it's a JRPG, but i am still too wrapped up into GTAO to throw another game on the backlog behind a few others...

I've had this on pre-order since it was announced - I'm a big fan of the show and from what I've heard it plays exactly like an episode of the show... same graphics, voices etc and it is written by Parker and Stone. The Black Friday/ GOT trilogy they did last year was basically a character introduction and preview for the game....

Just started playing and love it already!

Being able to crap on the toilet and take a 'shit nugget' made me laugh out loud!

Also loved listening to some classic songs in Cartman's room such as 'Get these minorities out of my waterpark'!

• Like 1

This game is a must have for a real South Park fan or afficionado IMO... Casual fans will enjoy it too. I am sure just about every episode is referenced in some way or another eg. I opened up Mr Slave's

garage and there was a "Gays against QDs" protest sign in there and the songs playing on the radio are classics from various episodes eg. Kyle's mom's a bitch....

I am about half way through the game and being a huge fan of the show, I love it.... although it may be a little too easy or boring for hardcore gamers or non-fans. There is a retro feel about the game play - 2-D scrolling, turn based combat - but it still feels new... Limitless inventory which is awesome because there is a huge range of junk to pick up, and while most of it is useless there are still lolz to be had...

I was worried about the combat side of things but it can be enjoyable even just for trying your weapon range and the strap-ons eg. my current weapon is an

Alien Probe, which has a tuft of ginger pubes strapped on, adding gross damage points...

Unfortunately, we (NZ) got the Euro cut version which totally sucks donkey balls but it only takes a little out of the enjoyment.

If you want any specific questions answered, let me know.....

The spoilers aren't story spoilers, just being paranoid....

• Like 2

Just finished the game and well... what a great fucking game it was. Hearing " The ESRB levels are too high " while fighting against Nazi Zombie fetuses in an abortion clinic is too funny. Too bad it's half a day short though.

Having Mr Slave to call upon when in combat is funny as fuck! Sits on your enemy and 'gobbles' them up inside his ass then says "ooo jesus christ!"

Also, having Princess Kenny as a buddy and using his ability to kiss the enemy - they end up puking and a message flashes up briefly saying what STD they caught - HIV, Gonorrhoea etc.

The best for me though is definitely the nazi zombies - soon as I saw them I laughed out loud! :clap:

There are so many funny events in this game.... but I won't spoil them for those who want to play it... but the two best, given my sense of humour, are below. I'll try and keep the story spoilers out but these events both happen on the main story thread so don't read them if you want to find all this out yourself....

You learn the ability to shrink. There is a fight scene on your parents bed. While your parents are in it. Fucking...

Imagine the battle participants facing off under your mum while she's getting done from behind with her nipples swinging in the background. Halfway through the fight your parents change position. I was too busy laughing to react to the quick time event so I got knocked out by my dad's balls....

The Nazi Zombies or more specifically Nazi Zombie foetuses or even more specifically, "Khloe Kardashian has just been into the abortion clinic...."

Going to Canada was like taking a video game nostalgia trip...

Great game but I don't know if it is worth buying unless you are a hardcore fan of the show....

• Like 2

Edit: Sorted previous problem.

Word of warning, there is a bug/glitch - before fighting Craig in Clyde's tower, make sure your buddy isn't Cartman otherwise it'll 'stick' on a blank loading screen.

Edited by shabbagaz

Edit: Sorted previous problem.

Word of warning, there is a bug/glitch - before fighting Craig in Clyde's tower, make sure your buddy isn't Cartman otherwise it'll 'stick' on a blank loading screen.

what kind of bullshit is this? who else would i pick? I'm a real life cartman