Dogs, for the love of God, dogs ! And cats on the roof !

dont mind having the cats as a replacement for the pigeon kill count in GTA 4

Would be really cool to shoot animals, like the bigfoot, fishes, snakes, cats and dogs. But there shouldn´t be to many animals like in RDR, where it sometimes got really irritating.

icon11.gif

PSH, there wasn't too many animals in RDR. You can run away from them easy enough on a horse.

The only ones that were super annoying where jaguar's cause they where fast enough to catch your horse and knock you off. That wont be a problem when your in a CAR.

Besides, any wildlife that would attack you will only be in the countryside. You'll be fine roaming the city.

I think it might happen that if your blazing through the woods in a truck or bike and hit a deer and wipe the fuck out. That would be so awesome lol.

just thought of something they can add, news gave me and idea...

basically you can keep a pet, like dog or bear or lion... and you can set it on any ped.... rip it to shreds.... guts and everything.

then drag the corpse behind the SuperGT.... nice

icon11.gif

PSH, there wasn't too many animals in RDR. You can run away from them easy enough on a horse.

The only ones that were super annoying where jaguar's cause they where fast enough to catch your horse and knock you off. That wont be a problem when your in a CAR.

Besides, any wildlife that would attack you will only be in the countryside. You'll be fine roaming the city.

I think it might happen that if your blazing through the woods in a truck or bike and hit a deer and wipe the fuck out. That would be so awesome lol.

They aren't Jaguars, they are Cougars.

And yes they are a pain in the ass because they kill your horse in one strike, are as fast a lightning, and are almost completely silent when sneaking up on you.

They're also very hard to see in long grass, and usually stalk/attack you from behind. If you're lucky your horse will Whiny because it knows a pedator is near by and is scared, giving you a small warning before they attack.

icon11.gif

Jags, cougers. Whoops.

What Im saying is what the fuck is a cougar gonna do when you blazing through the woods in a truck? Or even an ATV it wouldn't attack. They would more than likely just make the AI attack you when your on foot in the woods. and if you on foot in the woods, sorry about your dam luck. It sucked in SA lol. Had to run miles to find a car.

Well it's obvious dogs are gonna be in the game now. Will be interesting to see how they are implemented, as strays, K9s, fighters (Like cage fighting in TBoGT), or just all together.

The following comment is going to be based around the theory that a wide variety of animals do exist in GTA V and the possibility of hunting/fishing will be included in the game...

From the first trailer I was wondering what heck was up with that sign "NO FISHING OFF THE PIER". I thought about it for a really long time too. I finally came to the conclusion that fishing, perhaps, could be included in the next Grand Theft Auto title. With the emphasis of the countryside and outdoor activites, both displayed in the trailer and the screenshots released prior to the game informer article, fishing started to become more of a plausible passtime for Rockstar to include in GTA V.

Then, I read the "secret list of GTA vehicles" found in the files of Max Payne 3. I'm sure everybody has either seen this or scoffed at it, one or the other. However, I happened to consider the list as a serious find. First off, I rejoiced at the return of such bikes, planes, etc. Yet, there was a few new vehicle names that really caught my eye. Several models of boats referenced fishing. I realize that these boats could have been designed specifically for NPC's and to enrich the gaming world and add depth to Los Santos. Yet, part of me felt that a fishing mechanic might make a debut for this title.

"Grand Theft Auto V takes place in a re-imagined, present-day Southern California in the largest and most thriving game-world we have ever created set in the sprawling city of Los Santos and for miles beyond – from the tops of the mountains to the depths of the ocean."

When Dan Houser was quoted and he mentioned the depths of the ocean, not only did I imagine a beautiful ocean floor, with coral reefs, canyons, caves, sunken ships, etc. I imagined a vast ecosystem that exists below the waves off of the coast of Los Santos and under the lakes in the countryside. A vibrant world of fresh water and salt water fish. I mean, taking that amount of time to recreate the ocean floor without fish would be pointless? Right?

The game informer article reaffirmed these suspicions when they mentioned scuba diving. The interview with the art director, from the same game informer article, stated that the same time and effort used to recreate the streets of Los Santos went into designing the ocean floor.

So we've got scuba diving, "fishing boats" (if you believe the Max Payne 3 list of vehicles; remember this same list had bikes on it and bikes have since been confirmed), and the "NO FISHING ZONE" sign from trailer 1 for evidence.

Animals, like dogs appearing in GTA 5 has not been a secret since November 2, 2011. A lot of us have since been aquainted with "CHOPS" from the GTA artwork of Franklin. Since dogs were making its debut in GTA V, why would Rockstar stop there? Why not populate the national forests, countryside, and deserts with several species of animal life like Red Dead Redemption? Well...it made sense seeing animal life in the untamed frontier right? It was a sensible game mechanic that not only helped stimulate the RDR economy, but provided a means for John Marston to eat and heal. With that said, I would not agree with Trevor, out in the desert, picking off a rabbit with his pistol, and skinning it for its hide or meat. Society doesn't work like that anymore...well, in most civilized parts of the country anyways.

However, that huge map with its "miles and miles" of countryside would feel pretty empty without animal life, wouldn't it? So what is going to stop a player from slaughtering deer with an AK-47? Or throwing grenades at bears in the mountains? Who is going to make sure the player does not fish off of Pleasure Pier?

I have a feeling that GTA 5, with the inclusion of animals, will have a fully functioning authority system to police the illegal poaching, hunting, and fishing. Someone mentioned park ranger earlier. I think that was a very thoughtful claim. Think about it. If we're playing as Franklin, driving out to the base of Mount Chiliad, stopping short of its bike trails to shoot some innocent campers, would it be realistic that the city police show up first? Not at all. Yet, a park ranger would. Or Los Santo's own department of animal life and fisheries agent. Someone to stop the player from committing crimes against nature.

If hunting will exist in GTA V (personally, I think it will) I could see Rockstar including a hunting preserve players could go to and hunt legally. Animals that exist outside of the preserve are explained in-game as protected for example and a player that finds themselves hunting these "protected" animals would face prosecution, or a one star wanted level...

That same system would work for fishing. Now, inside the city limits of Los Santos, the LSPD could handle something like fishing off of Pleasure Pier. Yet, deep into the recesses of the countryside, these Park Rangers would be the authority.

Yes, I know...I'm long-winded.

• Like 2

The following comment is going to be based around the theory that a wide variety of animals do exist in GTA V and the possibility of hunting/fishing will be included in the game...

From the first trailer I was wondering what heck was up with that sign "NO FISHING OFF THE PIER". I thought about it for a really long time too. I finally came to the conclusion that fishing, perhaps, could be included in the next Grand Theft Auto title. With the emphasis of the countryside and outdoor activites, both displayed in the trailer and the screenshots released prior to the game informer article, fishing started to become more of a plausible passtime for Rockstar to include in GTA V.

Then, I read the "secret list of GTA vehicles" found in the files of Max Payne 3. I'm sure everybody has either seen this or scoffed at it, one or the other. However, I happened to consider the list as a serious find. First off, I rejoiced at the return of such bikes, planes, etc. Yet, there was a few new vehicle names that really caught my eye. Several models of boats referenced fishing. I realize that these boats could have been designed specifically for NPC's and to enrich the gaming world and add depth to Los Santos. Yet, part of me felt that a fishing mechanic might make a debut for this title.

"Grand Theft Auto V takes place in a re-imagined, present-day Southern California in the largest and most thriving game-world we have ever created set in the sprawling city of Los Santos and for miles beyond – from the tops of the mountains to the depths of the ocean."

When Dan Houser was quoted and he mentioned the depths of the ocean, not only did I imagine a beautiful ocean floor, with coral reefs, canyons, caves, sunken ships, etc. I imagined a vast ecosystem that exists below the waves off of the coast of Los Santos and under the lakes in the countryside. A vibrant world of fresh water and salt water fish. I mean, taking that amount of time to recreate the ocean floor without fish would be pointless? Right?

The game informer article reaffirmed these suspicions when they mentioned scuba diving. The interview with the art director, from the same game informer article, stated that the same time and effort used to recreate the streets of Los Santos went into designing the ocean floor.

So we've got scuba diving, "fishing boats" (if you believe the Max Payne 3 list of vehicles; remember this same list had bikes on it and bikes have since been confirmed), and the "NO FISHING ZONE" sign from trailer 1 for evidence.

Animals, like dogs appearing in GTA 5 has not been a secret since November 2, 2011. A lot of us have since been aquainted with "CHOPS" from the GTA artwork of Franklin. Since dogs were making its debut in GTA V, why would Rockstar stop there? Why not populate the national forests, countryside, and deserts with several species of animal life like Red Dead Redemption? Well...it made sense seeing animal life in the untamed frontier right? It was a sensible game mechanic that not only helped stimulate the RDR economy, but provided a means for John Marston to eat and heal. With that said, I would not agree with Trevor, out in the desert, picking off a rabbit with his pistol, and skinning it for its hide or meat. Society doesn't work like that anymore...well, in most civilized parts of the country anyways.

However, that huge map with its "miles and miles" of countryside would feel pretty empty without animal life, wouldn't it? So what is going to stop a player from slaughtering deer with an AK-47? Or throwing grenades at bears in the mountains? Who is going to make sure the player does not fish off of Pleasure Pier?

I have a feeling that GTA 5, with the inclusion of animals, will have a fully functioning authority system to police the illegal poaching, hunting, and fishing. Someone mentioned park ranger earlier. I think that was a very thoughtful claim. Think about it. If we're playing as Franklin, driving out to the base of Mount Chiliad, stopping short of its bike trails to shoot some innocent campers, would it be realistic that the city police show up first? Not at all. Yet, a park ranger would. Or Los Santo's own department of animal life and fisheries agent. Someone to stop the player from committing crimes against nature.

If hunting will exist in GTA V (personally, I think it will) I could see Rockstar including a hunting preserve players could go to and hunt legally. Animals that exist outside of the preserve are explained in-game as protected for example and a player that finds themselves hunting these "protected" animals would face prosecution, or a one star wanted level...

That same system would work for fishing. Now, inside the city limits of Los Santos, the LSPD could handle something like fishing off of Pleasure Pier. Yet, deep into the recesses of the countryside, these Park Rangers would be the authority.

I agree with a lot of what you said. And even previously suggested the 'No Fishing Sign' on the Pier pointed toward some kind of Fishing mini-game. Which many members here scoffed at, commenting that my idea was baseless.

Fuck them :bird: We will see how wrong they were when the game comes out. :D

it would also be funny as hell if R* parodied Peta if they put animals in the game, because we all know that peta will hop on the anti GTA bandwagon if animals are involved.

There are coyotes, confirmed in one of the many articles of the last few days.

That's crazy, It's going to be so much fun chasing a coyote on a ATV Just can't wait :D

imma kill so many guard dogs. and it would be cool if you see a ped walking a dog and you can pet it. i'll punt it. and since there are gonna be dogs do you think that there will be different breeds?

Dogs

and an very extensive aray of wildlife

oh yeah and badass mountain lions

And dont forget jaguars and bears! Now with a better arsenal than John Marston I could finally take revenge on them. I hated it when jaguars and cougars came stealthy from the back basically killing me with one hit.

it would also be funny as hell if R* parodied Peta if they put animals in the game, because we all know that peta will hop on the anti GTA bandwagon if animals are involved.

PUZI - People Undoing Zoo Ideology

something like that...

• Like 2