I have an obsession with Bigfoot, so if i don't get to see atleast 1, then im going to be severely disappointed.

the chances are quite probable that there will be bigfoot and a trophy/ achievement for killing him. Probably a hidden trophy so it's more fun and a surprise when the 8 foot walking monster starts fucking attacking you out of no where.

• Like 1

Did anyone notice the Pet Shop called "The Ark" in the Gameplay Trailer? Could be a real in-game store where we can purchase additional pets, like different breeds of dog, cats or birds. Or maybe something more exotic like an alligator or a tiger?

Possible side activitys: go steal animals for the pet store. they need some dogs so you have to go to people back yards and try and capture their dogs to take back to the store to sell. another option: finding rare animals in the wild for the store.

If there was going to be Tigers or anything like that it would have to be from a zoo or pet store. California does have Mountain Lions and Bobcats.

If there was going to be Tigers or anything like that it would have to be from a zoo or pet store.

Fingers Crossed that there is some kind of Zoo or City Aquarium.

• Like 1

Monterey+Bay+Aquarium.jpg

Something like this would be awesome but very unlikely if you ask me.On the other hand , the zoo idea it's pretty plausible , considering the wildlife in the game(i also want to ride an elephant around downtown with Trevor)

I hope animals take a chance at crossing the highway. That would be interestingly entertaining haha

• Like 1

would be cool just to see pedestrians walking around a mountain area, and a pack of cougars start to attack them.

YESS!!!

A majority of this article is shit, but if its true what they said, " The game will be releasing in Japan on October 10, showing Rockstar’s commitment to giving the game an international push. The article also reveals some cool new details about the game.

Your dog’s name in the game will be Chop and you’ll be able to customize him, with the ability to change his collar, other accessories and more. You might even end up losing your dog, if you don’t keep an watch over him.
The article also reveals that over 15 types of wild animals can be found in the game. The animations of the game have improved a lot since the last GTA release, according to Rockstar. Each of the three characters has also been given a specific walking animation to add to the realism.
The game will also feature a dedicated underwater mission which Michael and Trevor will take part in. They’ll travel to the location using jet-skis.

I couldn't find the famitsu article, but if you can somehow get ahold of it, I'd like to know if this is legit. But hey, a customizable Chop is at least some sort of news.

15? I already knew the game would probably lack wildlife... but 15? I seriously hope that doesn't include domesticated and underwater animals. Maybe they weren't including sub-species. Like maybe there's 10 different birds but they all count as 1 type of animal (bird).

Also I'm a bit disappointed with the implication of "one" underwater mission, but luckily there's gonna be side quest and such to keep you under for a while.

Customizing chop was confirmed awhile ago, but according to this article, it's possible to lose pets. Maybe the petshop you found is functional, Sox.

• Like 1

Red Dead Redemption had 35 types of animal. Take away the species that aren't indigenous to the Los Angeles area, non-indigenous animals that wouldn't be owned by farmers in the area, and animals that would be flat-out pointless to include (bats, raccoons, etc.) and 15 is reasonable.

• Like 2

If I see more than two types of cow wastin' those fifteen slots, I'm gonna make it my mission to take on the role of Grapeseed's Chupacabra.

• Like 3

Did anyone notice the Pet Shop called "The Ark" in the Gameplay Trailer? Could be a real in-game store where we can purchase additional pets, like different breeds of dog, cats or birds. Or maybe something more exotic like an alligator or a tiger?

gameplay-1-stripmall-in-the-middle-of-nowhere.jpg

I think if you could, the icon would appear on the mini-map. Stores showed up on it on different frames. And did anybody see the Trayvon Martin "rallies" in Crenshaw and Compton today?

i was reading an article today that said you can customize your dog with accesories like when chop was wearing a green bandana in one of the trailers but it also said if your a bad owner your dog will run away so i hope this aint just false information

Red Dead Redemption had 35 types of animal. Take away the species that aren't indigenous to the Los Angeles area, non-indigenous animals that wouldn't be owned by farmers in the area, and animals that would be flat-out pointless to include (bats, raccoons, etc.) and 15 is reasonable.

Did that. Ended up with 26, not including underwater species, or reasonable new ones.

Also, I don't think criters are pointless. They make the environment feel more complete. You can't have a good ecosystem without the primary consumers. Cougers gotta eat something.

• Like 2

15? I already knew the game would probably lack wildlife... but 15? I seriously hope that doesn't include domesticated and underwater animals. Maybe they weren't including sub-species. Like maybe there's 10 different birds but they all count as 1 type of animal (bird).

Also I'm a bit disappointed with the implication of "one" underwater mission, but luckily there's gonna be side quest and such to keep you under for a while.

Customizing chop was confirmed awhile ago, but according to this article, it's possible to lose pets. Maybe the petshop you found is functional, Sox.

Maybe the number 15 was lost in translation and didn't refer to wild animals at all. Maybe it implies how many different types of pets you can own, who knows?

Because 15 seems like a bit of a low number. Unless they only have one species of fish other than sharks, and only one species of bird.

The animals we know about so far are: Sharks ( at least one species ), bears, cougars, deer, birds ( at least one species ) and dogs. How many more possible species/ animals could there be? Maybe wolves, different species of fish, whales or dolphins, snakes, what else could there potentially be?

*EDIT ~ They said that there were 15 species ( not animals ) in the article, so there will probably be multiple Birds, Sharks, Fish etc.

Crocodiles and cats

Crocodiles in North America?

Sure maybe if there was a Zoo, or a pet store where you can buy exotic pets. But otherwise I doubt that we'll see Australian/ Asian or African Crocodiles...

There are sharks in there, and sometimes divers. It would be a perfect place to cause mayhem if it was in GTA. Back in the day when I played Zoo Tycoon, I often picked up guests and placed them in the shark tanks to fend for themselves. This would be the new pushing people infront of trains.

dubai_mall_aquarium.jpg

• Like 2

The animals we know about so far are: Sharks ( at least one species ), bears, cougars, deer, birds ( at least one species ) and dogs. How many more possible species/ animals could there be, maybe wolves, different species of fish, whales or dolphins, snakes, what else could there potentially be?

Have bears been confirmed? The articles from the day the gameplay video came out and the CVG video are the only things I haven't read/watched, so I assume it would've been in one of those.

Have bears been confirmed? The articles from the day the gameplay video came out and the CVG video are the only things I haven't read/watched, so I assume it would've been in one of those.

There is no way that I'm going through all of the previews, articles and videos to look for the info. It would take me ages.

I'm 70% sure I remember hearing about Bears somewhere ( I think it might of been in one of the CVG Videos ). And even if I didn't, it's still very possible that they will be in the game. The real life National Parks around Los Angeles have Bears, so logic dictates that they will be one of the animals in the game.

The animals we know about so far are: Sharks ( at least one species ), bears, cougars, deer, birds ( at least one species ) and dogs. How many more possible species/ animals could there be, maybe wolves, different species of fish, whales or dolphins, snakes, what else could there potentially be?

We know for sure that there must be predatory land animals, " Animals to spot, hunt, and be hunted by." only ones I can think of besides the already confirmed cougars, ( or mountain lions ) are bears and wolves