should weed be legal?  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I haven't ever smoked it, can't bring myself to try it. However, even though I am only in high school, I often suffer from sometimes debilitating anxiety. One of my more mj knowledgeable friends hooks me up with a little, and to treat my anxiety, I place a minute amount under my tongue for a while. Does wonders, and sure beats the side-effects of the pharmaceutical anxiety meds.

Never take meds, man. Most meds do more harm than good, and this is especially true for anything mental.

If weed helps - and it is great for anxiety and the like - but you don't want to actually smoke, then don't smoke. Try brownies, ganja butter, etc. If you get useful effects just from sticking a bit under your tongue, then a batch of pot brownies will last you a very long time. Eat half of one and you're good to go.

How much does a decent bong cost? Or why do I always see pictures of ghetto-ass ones made from cans and shit.

Also, what's better? Pipe, joint or bong?

Leave bong at home, bong got broke etc.

The latter happened a bunch of times for us.

Canada is diverse, and there are concentrations of different cultures in different regions; there's a big Lebanese community where my dad is.

Not gonna lie, this is what I hate about Canada. There's no attempt for other cultures to assimilate. It's just "Set up shop here, never move, and stay segregated." Most of them don't even bother to learn English.

Multiculturalism is a fucking joke.

Harsh. It all depends on attitude, there are plenty of cities that celebrate other cultures, traditions and languages for all to enjoy. It's way better than our very own paranoid Quebec, whose PQ language law police is currently forcing people to stop teaching English, exclude the anglophone minority from a newsletter, and take English off menus because they're so worried about "losing" their Frenchness. In the exceptional cases like the Shafia family, yes, there obviously needs to be some better communication about what's acceptable behaviour here vs. back in the old country.

Speaking as a first-generation Canadian, I would disagree. It's unfair to make such broad generalizations, change doesn't happen as soon as you step off the plane. The 'stay segregated' mentality applies a lot more to people who recently moved here, and I can see where they are coming from; if I moved to a country where there was a huge culture shock and nothing was familiar, I'd want to huddle among my kind to feel some sense of home and community. Like when I was on tour with a show in South Korea, holy fuck, kimchee for breakfast? I don't think so.

But once their children start going to school and meeting other kids and bringing that Canadian-ness home, learning English and/or French without their parents' accents, then growing up and starting their own families, the integration begins. When I was a teen many years ago, my mom once screamed at me that she didn't understand why I hadn't taken on any of her values or something stupid. I think that's when she finally realized that she was raising Canadian kids, not nice submissive religious Greek girls. If that she had wanted Greek kids, she should have stayed in Greece (or at least taught us to speak her language). That's why I say my mom is Greek, my dad is Arabic...I'm not either, I am Canadian.

...And a pothead. I want to smoke weed from that Arabic bong.

Hmmm... I see your side of the argument, but I have yet to see that in person outside of my family. My grandparents moved here from South Africa, because they despised the Country, it had a poor economy, was crime-ridden, and apartheid was a difficult siuation to endure since they were coloured. They wanted nothing to do with any of it. The moment they came to Canada they said, "We renounce our country, we're Canadian's now." They took time out of their life to learn the culture, and integrate, but who knows, maybe the government was more competent in the 60's. Maybe it's because I'm in Toronto where there's so many immigrants fresh off the boat. But regardless our country is designed to let foreigner's in whenever they please for any bullshit reason simply by claiming refugee status. Then these people just set up shop and are never checked on again. It's not all their fault, like you said, as their kids grow, they'll bring the culture home to their parents. Plus if I was living in some third world scumhole and entry to Canada was as easy as it currently is, yeah, I'd probably abuse the system too... But as it sits the government makes no attempt to intergrate these people into society. They just open the floodgates and say "Look at all the different colour people! We're so tolerant!" Where (at least where I live) it's pretty much left us with a feeling of prejudice and underlying tones of racism.

How much does a decent bong cost? Or why do I always see pictures of ghetto-ass ones made from cans and shit.

Depends on your idea of "decent" Will you be ok with just a straight tube and chamber? Or do you need various little do-dads, ash catchers, peculators etc. so that it goes down as smooth as possible? Like truth said it's all preference, you could spend anywhere from $8 to $800 on a bong.

Personally, I usually go for ones around $40, but over Christmas I splurged and got myself a 7mm-thick Herbies for $100. The reason I spent so much well...

(Those are HOSS. Exactly like my bong, just a more expensive brand. HOSS sell for over double what I paid).

But as it sits the government makes no attempt to intergrate these people into society. They just open the floodgates and say "Look at all the different colour people! We're so tolerant!" Where (at least where I live) it's pretty much left us with a feeling of prejudice and underlying tones of racism.

I completely agree. The government has dropped the ball on immigration (and quite a few other things, this hands-off attitude is fucked). There is definitely a split between the two attitudes of incoming people, ones who are eager to leave old turmoil behind and embrace Canada, and ones that are disinterested in anything other than creating a small version of home, carrying prejudices and racism along. I lived in Toronto for ten years so I can relate, though things are a lot less varied in the small town I'm in now, and more families who've been here for generations.

Pipes are good, but are a pain to clean. Bongs are fun but stinky. I tend to stick with joints, size and shape tailored to the occasion. Have never tried a vaporizer. It boils down to preference, I guess.

the canadian problems sound like american problems to me... here, smoke this joint, forget about all this bullshit...

i think i said this before, but i am a joint and pipe smoker (heh :lol:)... bongs and doo-dads are too much for me, it kills my lungs just about every time... that's not to say i don't smoke 'em, i just prefer joints and pipes... vapors aren't any better...

Fuck Buckets, it's the same as a bong, just take 3 times as much work, and you have to do it properly otherwise you're bowl is wasted.

the canadian problems sound like american problems to me... here, smoke this joint, forget about all this bullshit...

At least you have a justice system that actually punishes criminals.

sorry...i was just staring at the naked chick.

Yeah sometimes I just stare at it and forget to take a hit

I'm gonna make a new wood one, that one is too short, get too much heat thru it.

And yes there is a hash wafer in that lineup :D

Nice grinder.

Only one I have laying around is my old shitty plastic one.

That old thing? I have a better kief catcher grinder but my dad took it and gave me that one.

Also, I tipped the directv guy today with a fat bud :weed:

• Like 1