should weed be legal?  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If anyone ever comes to the middle east, such as Qatar or the UAE I would recommend trying 'Dokha'. It's finely ground arabic tobacco smoked through a pipe that can be bought for like $4 at any gas station. Gives a pretty good buzz for a short while.

Can't compare it with weed since I haven't smoked that... yet.

A lot of our middle eastern restaurants have these outside and you can buy it from them and smoke it after your meal - do you smoke cigarettes?? If you don't, you are most likely just getting a nicotine hit, unless they have stirred in some opium or something. It can be quite nice especially the flavoured ones.....

Totally different from weed though....

Smoking dokha from a hookah is part of my cultural heritage but I have yet to try it. I'm pretty sure my dad has a hookah, maybe I'll "borrow" it the next time I visit him.

If anyone ever comes to the middle east, such as Qatar or the UAE I would recommend trying 'Dokha'. It's finely ground arabic tobacco smoked through a pipe that can be bought for like $4 at any gas station. Gives a pretty good buzz for a short while.

Can't compare it with weed since I haven't smoked that... yet.

Question that doesn't pertain to cannabis at all: Are you a native UAE resident?

Also, all I hear is good things about dokha. Strangely, it's available in my hellhole.

No I'm not, I am an expatriate.

And Dokha is smoked through a midwakh, shisha is through a hookah which is what all y'all are talking about.

And Dokha is smoked through a midwakh, shisha is through a hookah which is what all y'all are talking about.

Do you speak Arabic? I assume you're an American expat?

Smoking dokha from a hookah is part of my cultural heritage but I have yet to try it. I'm pretty sure my dad has a hookah, maybe I'll "borrow" it the next time I visit him.

You've got Arabic heritage?

Do you speak Arabic? I assume you're an American expat?

Actually, I'm Swedish. And I learnt arabic up to the 9th grade, but the arabic education system is a complete joke, so most expats don't learn it to a fluent extent.

midwakh_and_dokha_and_filters.jpg

Dokha. (Midwakh)

Z1772012115954.jpg

Shisha (hookah)

The dokha is directly burnt and inhaled (like weed), however the shisha is more complex, as the coal or something heats the tobacco, the smoke is cooled by the water and then goes into your lungs.

You've got Arabic heritage?

I'm just a Canadian prairie grl...but yes, my dad was born in Lebanon and grew up in Egypt, we have Armenian ties too. My mom is Greek. Ironically, my folks brought us up in French instead of any of their fancy Mediterranean languages. All I know in Arabic is a couple of swear words.

Cool! I wouldn't expect a large Arab population in Canada, hence my slight surprise. Middle Eastern lineage may explain your affinity for cannabis.

International heritage FTW.

Actually, cannabis in most middle eastern countries is highly illegal, and if the cops get to know you have some you're a high priority criminal. Some countries even execute you for possession if it's over a certain amount. It's probably due to the Muslim views, which is why the same thing applies in places like Malaysia.

Canada is diverse, and there are concentrations of different cultures in different regions; there's a big Lebanese community where my dad is.

The affinity for weed is more a Canadian thing, nothing to do with my heritage. :D:weed:

I am from London living in Cambodia and i am getting some pretty decent shit here and bunning it right up, shame i will have to get someone to send gta5 over to me rather than buy it here ( it will take ages)

and yeah i smoke a lot. should be legal, in Cambodia it is kind of semi legal if you know what i mean.

well you can cook with it, and no one cares

smoking and gta go hand in hand apart from when you are getting chased or you have a shitload of cops shooting at you and you get ash all over the place because you suddenly don't care about your spliff...

The dokha is directly burnt and inhaled (like weed), however the shisha is more complex, as the coal or something heats the tobacco, the smoke is cooled by the water and then goes into your lungs.

So it's a bong....

Canada is diverse, and there are concentrations of different cultures in different regions; there's a big Lebanese community where my dad is.

Not gonna lie, this is what I hate about Canada. There's no attempt for other cultures to assimilate. It's just "Set up shop here, never move, and stay segregated." Most of them don't even bother to learn English.

Multiculturalism is a fucking joke.

Actually, cannabis in most middle eastern countries is highly illegal, and if the cops get to know you have some you're a high priority criminal. Some countries even execute you for possession if it's over a certain amount. It's probably due to the Muslim views, which is why the same thing applies in places like Malaysia.

Right, but its genetic origins stem from what is now the Arab world, the early Arabs thereby being the first to enjoy it. The origins of cannabis predate those of Islam. So there.

The affinity for weed is more a Canadian thing, nothing to do with my heritage. :D:weed:

What? You mean diversity exists outside of the good ol' U, S, and A, where we take their tired, their hungry, and their poor? You lie...

Not gonna lie, this is what I hate about Canada. There's no attempt for other cultures to assimilate. It's just "Set up shop here, never move, and stay segregated." Most of them don't even bother to learn English.

Multiculturalism is a fucking joke.

Harsh. It all depends on attitude, there are plenty of cities that celebrate other cultures, traditions and languages for all to enjoy. It's way better than our very own paranoid Quebec, whose PQ language law police is currently forcing people to stop teaching English, exclude the anglophone minority from a newsletter, and take English off menus because they're so worried about "losing" their Frenchness. In the exceptional cases like the Shafia family, yes, there obviously needs to be some better communication about what's acceptable behaviour here vs. back in the old country.

Speaking as a first-generation Canadian, I would disagree. It's unfair to make such broad generalizations, change doesn't happen as soon as you step off the plane. The 'stay segregated' mentality applies a lot more to people who recently moved here, and I can see where they are coming from; if I moved to a country where there was a huge culture shock and nothing was familiar, I'd want to huddle among my kind to feel some sense of home and community. Like when I was on tour with a show in South Korea, holy fuck, kimchee for breakfast? I don't think so.

But once their children start going to school and meeting other kids and bringing that Canadian-ness home, learning English and/or French without their parents' accents, then growing up and starting their own families, the integration begins. When I was a teen many years ago, my mom once screamed at me that she didn't understand why I hadn't taken on any of her values or something stupid. I think that's when she finally realized that she was raising Canadian kids, not nice submissive religious Greek girls. If that she had wanted Greek kids, she should have stayed in Greece (or at least taught us to speak her language). That's why I say my mom is Greek, my dad is Arabic...I'm not either, I am Canadian.

...And a pothead. I want to smoke weed from that Arabic bong.

• Like 1

@truth... using an iphone? tilt the camera where the home button is to the right... makes it a little awkward for a lefty, but then again, designers don't give a fuck about my kind... it took me a few uploads to realize how the sites handle the camera roll...

EDIT: you must not have an iphone because my directions would make it upside down...

NoWay.jpg

fuckin sideways shit

that's ghetto, but after a prick dropped our bong and it smashed we took a lemonade bottle and made it into a really shitty water bong. Just made two holes and stuck the blunt in one of them. Never again, causes tumors and shit after long term use

All I know in Arabic is a couple of swear words.

ha sikter!

Yes bones, iphone, it was situated right because i know how to use my phone, however this computer is new to me and it decided the pic looked better sidewaysalso, the tape has been replaced with plumbers putty