should weed be legal?  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh I definitly smoke some weed, come on people Im from Holland, we can buy it (semi)legal here!! I used to smoke all day long, but since Ive aged a bit, I only do it when Im free from work and have nothing significant to do that day.

Here in The Netherlands I can legally buy up to 5 grams of weed (you could ofcourse walk out of the store ,their called coffeshops over here, walk back in and buy another 5 grams), but you can legally carry 5grams too. Now the coffeeshops sell the weed legally to people over 18 years old. But here comes the tricky part, a coffeshop can only have so much weed in stock, so this means they have to re-stock during the day (weird) if they do have more then theyre supposed to, they get a fine, plus its Illegal for the coffeshop owners to buy the weed. This is what you call a gray area. If you would legalize the growing of the weed, you'd have less criminals who make money over the illegal selling of the weed. We're half way there.

I'm high as we speak even! And lovin it! :weed:

Been to Amsterdam twice, mate. Loved it.

The first coffeeshop me and my friends visited, we were excited, giggling our collective arses off, overwhelmed by the fact we could smoke in public, then a guy walks in wearing a suit and tie sits down, rolls a joint and smokes it, like it's the most natural thing in the world. We felt rather foolish.

• Like 1

Drugs. She started because of weed.

No she didn't. She might have smoked weed, then started doing other drugs later, but no one starts doing real drugs because of weed. That 'gateway drug' line is bullshit. You smoke weed and then start doing heroin, you would have ended up doing heroin even if marijuana had never existed.

• Like 2

Oh I definitly smoke some weed, come on people Im from Holland, we can buy it (semi)legal here!! I used to smoke all day long, but since Ive aged a bit, I only do it when Im free from work and have nothing significant to do that day.

Here in The Netherlands I can legally buy up to 5 grams of weed (you could ofcourse walk out of the store ,their called coffeshops over here, walk back in and buy another 5 grams), but you can legally carry 5grams too. Now the coffeeshops sell the weed legally to people over 18 years old. But here comes the tricky part, a coffeshop can only have so much weed in stock, so this means they have to re-stock during the day (weird) if they do have more then theyre supposed to, they get a fine, plus its Illegal for the coffeshop owners to buy the weed. This is what you call a gray area. If you would legalize the growing of the weed, you'd have less criminals who make money over the illegal selling of the weed. We're half way there.

I'm high as we speak even! And lovin it! :weed:

Been to Amsterdam twice, mate. Loved it.

The first coffeeshop me and my friends visited, we were excited, giggling our collective arses off, overwhelmed by the fact we could smoke in public, then a guy walks in wearing a suit and tie sits down, rolls a joint and smokes it, like it's the most natural thing in the world. We felt rather foolish.

In my early days (like fourteen-fifteen years back, I was about 14-15yrs old, and they werent to strict with ID's and stuff, shit is way more strict nowadays, which is a good thing) there used to be a cop in the coffeeshop smokin his weed. He was in full uniform and all!!!! But you wont see those kinds of things nowadays, Holland is changin aswell in that aspect.

No she didn't. She might have smoked weed, then started doing other drugs later, but no one starts doing real drugs because of weed. That 'gateway drug' line is bullshit. You smoke weed and then start doing heroin, you would have ended up doing heroin even if marijuana had never existed.

I never believed that line either, I know loads of guys who used to smoke weed and they just stopped when they were done with it, and I know a lot of guys on hard drugs, which they indeed would using any way. Because its so easy to get your hands on. (I think that at this day in age, around here as a minor, you can get hard drugs way easier, then our regulated coffeeshops, because they check ID's, a drugsdealer wont! He just counts the money...

i've been to amsterdam with my mum and her boyfriend and it was messed up the first thing we saw was 2 prostitutes in the alleged red light district and whatever the opposite of an erection is that is what i had therefore i do not like this marijuana.

more so it is an unfriendly name. weed. marijuana. it sounds like a pesticide and i'm no fly. what catches my interesting is e's. their safer more reliable more fun and more available. i checked the ingredients and even though it is small quantities most fizzy drinks contain them and the companies are right if everyone has them, nobody does, it's like that saying about a tree in the woods someone told me about once. x

I thunk they should legalize magic mushrooms. They dont have the cancer causing cancernogens that pot has.

But, i think they shouod probably ban cigarettes while legalizing marijuana...

Ps, qwob. I lold.

I thunk they should legalize magic mushrooms. They dont have the cancer causing cancernogens that pot has.

Yeah but the potency in some of them is deadly. Possession of Shrooms in Canada is an automatic manslaughter charge to my knowledge.

I don't smoke it but I voted Yes on the question regarding legalization. The reason is that kids today is gonna do pretty much whatever they can to get their hands on it. That means they'll put their lives at risk if they decide to make a trade with some stranger. And I'm sure the stuff being produced by some underground farm with artificial light and rats running around isn't something you would generally smoke. Yes, I know, this is not the case with all farmers but better quality equals higher price. And most kids doesn't have money for the "good" stuff.

I think it would be amazing if cannabis was legalized. Not so everyone could go around and be high, but so the market could be controlled.

Legalizing cannabis isn't ideal for making "progress", but thinking you can stop people from using is just naive.

Yeah but the potency in some of them is deadly. Possession of Shrooms in Canada is an automatic manslaughter charge to my knowledge.

Oh shit....

• Like 1

i dont do it but i voted yes. i feel about weed as i do about alchohol, do it at an appropriate age and in small doces. And i know i may sound like a "bumer" or whatever you guy call it but i think if done at a yong age it can be a gatewway to things that...you know, kill you like meth or crack. thats how my father was nearly dead, but hes not after a close call and thats why i refuse to do it. i know you may think im lying or being extreme but this is my witness of what drugs can evetualy do to a house-hold.

Dealer- sorry man, ran out but this shit does the same thing only better

Pot Head- are u sure

Dealer- ya bud, i wouldnt steer you wrong

Pot Head-alright bro

*Reapeat*Repeat*Repeat*Repeat Then before you know your starting the heavy shit.

(over time of course)

That has nothing whatsoever to do with marijuana, that is a dealer manipulating someone. And if it works, it's because that person was weak-willed, not because they smoked weed.

I honestly can't tell if you were disputing my point or reinforcing it. It could come off as either, depends on whether or not you realize that my response is accurate.

i was just saying, its just a way for a dealer to expand buissness. I still belive it should be decriminalized at the least, legalization would be nice but it would basicly make cartels into legit companies. and yes you are right it would be a week willed person but i know alot of week willed people who were dumb enough to do this sort of thing.

Way too risky here, I don't feel like going to prison for a minimum of 4 years (any amount of illegal substance down to below 0.01g, doesn't matter if it is weed or coke) and then getting my whole family deported back to Sweden. Down for trying it sometime though, maybe when I'm in another country.

An interesting read of the consequences here in Dubai

I'm having some right now. :weed:

According to rmb, that must make me a no-life scumbag idiot.

hide it in the fridge when you are done because I do not know if it freezes and it would be cool if it did freeze. x

If you smoke pot or weed you're an idiot you have no life. That's it you're a no life scumbag

I guess George Washington (who owned a Cannabis plantation) was a no life scumbag. I guess Jamestown and the whole government of England at one point were no life scumbags because England required Jamestown to grow marijuana in 1619. I also guess every person in the world who ever used it for linen or other goods or for pharmaceutical/recreational needs when it was legal was a no life scum bag.

I mean no one has ever died or killed someone because of marijuana. Tobacco and alcohol kill people everyday. But yeah, anyone who uses it is a no life scumbag. I'm not for smoking but I'm all for the use of it in other ways.

Edit: Pot and weed is the same thing.

If you smoke pot or weed you're an idiot you have no life. That's it you're a no life scumbag

I know right? Fuck all those dying patients who use pot as a pain killer and the people who use it for (but not limited to) "amelioration of nausea and vomiting, stimulation of hunger in chemotherapy and AIDS patients, lowered intraocular eye pressure (shown to be effective for treating glaucoma), as well as gastrointestinal illness."

• Like 1