should weed be legal?  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I used to sit on my ass all day, playing video games, smoking indica. Very relaxing, and I've had some of my best times on drugs, but it definitely isn't doing me any favors at this point.

I hear that, it's definitely getting to that point for me as well. Any tips for somebody looking to cutback/quit?

Have you got willpower? If so, set up daily weed rations for yourself: grind a portion of what you'd normally consume in a day (e.g., if you use 1 gram per day, grind a half-g) and keep it in a small jar or vial, stored separately from your main stash. Imbibe judiciously using your preferred intake device(s) as desired.

i smoked weed every single day for 6 or so months and intermittently before then.

I really can't offer much because I just "stopped".

That's me though, I find it easy to drop a lot of habits aside from the ones that are drilled into muscle memory, such as bad posture etc.

I used to sit on my ass all day, playing video games, smoking indica. Very relaxing, and I've had some of my best times on drugs, but it definitely isn't doing me any favors at this point.

I hear that, it's definitely getting to that point for me as well. Any tips for somebody looking to cutback/quit?

I was stoned everyday all day from the summer of 2001 to December of 2013. I picked up and easily put down every other drug I came across during that time, but weed was my drug of choice. Maybe I was weeds person of choice. I don't know.

Folks talk about "willpower" and it makes my ears bleed. Every person has willpower. We do what we will (want).

The best advice I can give is this; If you want to get high less, you must find something you want (will) to do more. If you ain't got shit to do, I can assure you that you'll find yourself sitting around getting high again.

Go out and do something you've always wanted to try, but haven't. Or do something you've always wanted to do more. Don't let fear get a hold of you. Go forth my son, and do. PM me if you need someone to talk to about this.

• Like 1

If consumption levels are getting out of hand, resist the easy choice of getting baked for breakfast. Get up, eat, then get out of the house and leave your stash at home. There's so much stuff to do and explore that'll be better when you're not high. Save it for after school/work, after a set time of day, or weekends only if you want to cut back. Think about why you get high...is it to relax, to inspire creativity, enhance other activities, or a social thing you're doing with fellow tokers? Or has it become the only thing you do?

It's all about balance, my friend. Don't believe any shit about willpower or addictive personalities (as far as weed is concerned), and don't blame the herb if it's become an excuse not to do anything else. It probably means you need to take some time to think about your non-pothead life, and stop avoiding it. You have the power and choices, be strong and have courage.

I'll second beatnic's offer, PM me if you want to talk.

• Like 1

i don't get high before work, or if i have to go out and do stuff, unless i am with my stoner buddies who like to get high before they even get out of bed in the morning... i can't do that anymore, i'm not in high school, i don't wake n bake... and the best way to ease consumption and/or quit all together is just to do it...

i've quit pot a few times... hell, i haven't had a cigarette in 4... all were tossed aside by willpower... easing yourself off doesn't work in my experience, it's only a temporary thing... to kill the snake you have to cut off it's head... cutting back is doable though if you still want to occasionally enjoy it... i don't smoke nearly as much as the people around me, and i don't talk about it all the time like the people around me... but i do still enjoy smoking it...

but still, if you want to quit, just do it and see what comes of it... test your strength...

• Like 2

I've never thought about quitting (Although I've only been smoking regularly for about a year) because I go days without it, just because I don't feel like smoking. Until that goes away, I don't think quitting will come to mind.

I quit cold turkey. Honestly it didn't really have any impact on me, I felt the same the next day, and the day after I felt exceptional. I don't have any problems with it now, even though I think about smoking. I had a hit last night actually, and I didn't even get high, not sure if it was just weak shit or what.

As far as cutting back, my plan was always to only smoke socially, or maybe you like smoking more when you're playing video games on your own or whatever.

Happy 4/20 to my fellow partakers. I'll be celebrating tomorrow when I'm back home with my man. Consolation prize: roasted lamb on the spit. :drool:

• Like 2

I should add I mix tobacco with my weed. So there's a bit more of an addictive quality. And I don't smoke when I'm going out or have something to do. I usually reserve it for when I get off work/aren't busy. But currently I'm unhappy with my job and a lot of other situations and I feel like if I wasn't smoking as much in my spare time I might be more productive. I feel as though smoking weed is almost a reflex now.