should weed be legal?  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Makes sense. Hemp is grown for the fibre in the stem. Weed is grown for the bud. But I agree gunny beautiful plant. My mum said she wished I didn't hide them in a corner of her garden when I lived at home but you know... cops.and shit

I think I'm gonna buy a vaporizer, sounds best for me, no smoke, little carcinogens, easier to maintain, etc.

http://www.vapeworld.com/pax-vaporizer-by-ploom

http://www.vapeworld.com/arizer-solo-vaporizer

The second I saw a video on, looks easy to use and has lots of great reviews, however the Pax is a lot smaller and also has good reviews.

Naaaah, you gotta MacGyver one with a pickle jar, soldering iron, PVC pipe, and vinyl tubing.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I finally got a few proper brass pipe screens today...no more aluminum foil. I AM LIBERATED

Airizer it is

I have a magic flight launch box at home and for what I t is I think it's fantastic. They're incredibly simple, come with a lifetime warranty, and are probably the cheapest brand name vapes on the market. (Cheapest one is 120 before taxes).

The only problem is there is a bit of a learning curve to it. Mine literally came with a 50 page detailed guide and a 5 page section just on how to properly hit it. There is no temperature regulator in it, so the way it performs is dependant on how you hit it (eg. Too strong a pull and it might burn, to short a pull and it won't vaporize). But they're the smallest vape on the market. Without the glass tube inserted it's only about 4cm x 2cm, and plus the fact there's no smoke or odor, you can basically get high in the middle of a crowded Toronto bus or subway and nobody even notices you're getting high as fuck. Just pretend you're silencing a burp or holding a sneeze.

• Like 2

But they're the smallest vape on the market. Without the glass tube inserted it's only about 4cm x 2cm, and plus the fact there's no smoke or odor, you can basically get high in the middle of a crowded Toronto bus or subway and nobody even notices you're getting high as fuck. Just pretend you're silencing a burp or holding a sneeze.

Vaporizers are rapidly approaching e-cig territory. Won't be long before you can openly get high and have no one notice.

Really, an e-joint probably wouldn't be a very complicated thing to rig up yourself. If I ever start smoking again, I might give it a go.

Can you give a general rundown of the Pax? I'd appreciate it.

I already know it usually takes more than one time to actually feel the high. I figured vaping would be a better alternative and easier for me, but my friend insists I smoke a bowl.

Pipes are good for flavor and mouthfeel, but not for pulmonary health...

Re: cannabis cigars/cigarettes. Don't you fine people consider them to be a waste of product?

But they're the smallest vape on the market. Without the glass tube inserted it's only about 4cm x 2cm, and plus the fact there's no smoke or odor, you can basically get high in the middle of a crowded Toronto bus or subway and nobody even notices you're getting high as fuck. Just pretend you're silencing a burp or holding a sneeze.

Vaporizers are rapidly approaching e-cig territory. Won't be long before you can openly get high and have no one notice.

Really, an e-joint probably wouldn't be a very complicated thing to rig up yourself. If I ever start smoking again, I might give it a go.

It really isn't. To my knowledge it's just a mesh screen wired to a battery socket that you insert the battery in. In fact the cost of the vape depends more on the wood it's made out of (cedar or pine, something cheap and shitty for like 120 vs one made of oak or similar hardwood for 150)

Can you give a general rundown of the Pax? I'd appreciate it.

I already know it usually takes more than one time to actually feel the high. I figured vaping would be a better alternative and easier for me, but my friend insists I smoke a bowl.

It's user friendly, easy to load and use. You can adjust the temperature to one of three settings, and there's a little light on the front that changes colours to tell you what's going on...purple while it's heating up, bright green to toke, blue for auto-idle if you've ignored it for too long, and if you shake it, it'll show if the battery is running low (yellow is full charge, orange is still good, red means it's about to die). I've never carried it with me to use outside of the house, so I can't give you an idea of how long the battery lasts once it's out of the charger, but it's never died on us even during prolonged or repeated use.

It's waaay easier to clean than any glass pipe. You can run an alcohol-dampened pipe cleaner through the chamber, and the screen is easy to swap out. The spent weed isn't as messy as ash from a j or tapping out a sticky bowl, but it does stink. For that reason, I'm not convinced it could be used in public undetected, there's still an unmistakeable scent, though certainly not as much of a dead giveaway as any smoking option.

I think you're right in that it would be easier on your lungs/throat to use a vape over smoking it, especially as a newcomer to it. Part of that has to do with how dry the weed is, how much of it is leaf and not bud, and how hard you're inhaling, if you take it easy and don't draw too deep, it won't feel as harsh. Some varieties are almost floral or fruity, really tasty and go down smooth. If you're trying shit for the first time, do it in a safe place (i.e. where you won't get caught by the law), with friends you trust, and go easy until you see how it affects you.

The buzz you get from it is a bit different than smoking it, in the same way that the buzz you get from eating pot brownies is different in its own way. One of our friends has a Pax and no longer uses anything else, I don't know if I could go that far with it. My man still prefers the high from smoking it and I tend to agree. We do use it regularly, but by alternating it with a bowl or a doob instead of exclusively.

The upfront cost is way higher than your average glass or metal pipe, I'd say if you know anyone that has a vape, try it before you blow the cash on one. I have no regrets about getting this make/model though, and would recommend it to anyone that's willing to spend the money. Anyone that has the skills to make their own, more power to you.

If you have any other questions, fire away.

• Like 1

Really appreciate the answer there :)

I'll think of any more questions in due time, but I'm good for now, thanks!

• Like 1

I gotta agree, a vape is pretty costly compared to other smoking methods and I'd say experiment with either friends vapes or other smoking methods first. It would suck if you blew 200+ bucks only to find out it isn't for you. Plus, not everybody enjoys vapes. Like I said mine is stealthy and portable but when it comes down to it I'd rather be smoking out of a bong than a vaporizer.

It's also worth noting that Vaporizing is the most effective way of smoking Cannabis. Eg. If you've never done it before IT WILL FUCK YOU RIGHT UP.

A bong sesh for me = an hour or two high before I start to burn out.

A vaporizer sesh at hotbox = Walking around kensington high as fuck for at least an hour or two of shopping. Making your way back to the train station (30 mins). Hopping on the train, feeling euphoic as phuck while you stare out the window for the next hour, get off the train, head home, get into bed and pass the fuck out because you're coming down from the most intense high you've ever had.

Tl;dr A normal sesh gets me high for a few hours, a vaporizer gets me fucked for half of the day.

• Like 1