I'm sitting here blazing Pacific Northwest's finest and it made me it made me wonder if you can get high in gta5 or maybe become a drug dealer.

You could make your way up selling weed and then start slinging coke and meth.

imagine going to a club and doing mali lol

Well, GTA has never had a drug-using protagonist (although marijuana isn't a drug), and it never will, let's just get that out of the way now. Although, most new members don't seem to be capable of reading, so I'm sure we'll see this brought up several more times before GTA V's release.

As for being a drug dealer, I could see the drug-oriented aspects of past GTA's playing a bigger role, more major deals for kilos at a time, or bigger version of TBOGT's drug wars, maybe even something similar to Chinatown Wars' system of going from place to place, buying and selling drugs, and making profit based on an ever-changing drug economy, but certainly not standing on a corner waiting for someone to come up and buy drugs from you (maybe in a cutscene, but not as a side activity)

Yeah I can imagine pushing large amounts of coke in and out of town will play a major roll

It was sweet how u could hotbox your car in SR

I would like to see a click L3 mission for selling drugs. Then hop in a car push L3 become a cop and bust the guy u just sold to lol

Now, the L3 mission would work. Certain places could have a graffiti-covered delivery van parked nearby, and you could start delivery missions, similar to the ones Little Jacob gave you in IV. Higher levels involve larger amounts of drugs that have harsher penalties if you get busted, and you'll be attacked/pursued/ambushed by better-equipped gang members or cops as the missions progress. I could see that happening, but, as with a lot of ideas people have, it depends on who the protagonist is. I can't see a middle-aged white man in a suit speeding off in a ghetto van to deliver weed to a gang.

Yea the middle age white guy slinging to gangsters rights are owned by breaking bad

But a middle aged white guy (which is confirmed? ????) Could sell cocaine to celebrity sand moviestars.

That's more imaginable and realistic if your associated with those kind of people

Even though I'm sure the multiple protagonists rumor is bullshit, I'm kind of hoping it's true just so there will be a younger protagonist and we can have more reckless TLAD/TBOGT-type missions.

*Crazy politician*

Oh my god that is an illegal substance and should be banned! It will encourage young children who are too young to play the game to smoke weed! NEVER!

Even though it does kill 0 while tobacco kills millions...

But drug dealing would be one of the top minigames. As you said and I suggested in other topics, you should be able to rise the ranks, starting with weed > ecstacy > heroin/cocaine. And if you're carrying a large amount you should have a duffle bag, and be able to store the drugs in safehouses, vehicles, abandoned places... That would be great fun and would put countless hours of /played time into the game.

Well, GTA has never had a drug-using protagonist (although marijuana isn't a drug), and it never will, let's just get that out of the way now. Although, most new members don't seem to be capable of reading, so I'm sure we'll see this brought up several more times before GTA V's release.

As for being a drug dealer, I could see the drug-oriented aspects of past GTA's playing a bigger role, more major deals for kilos at a time, or bigger version of TBOGT's drug wars, maybe even something similar to Chinatown Wars' system of going from place to place, buying and selling drugs, and making profit based on an ever-changing drug economy, but certainly not standing on a corner waiting for someone to come up and buy drugs from you (maybe in a cutscene, but not as a side activity)

Anything that alters the way the body works is a drug. Caffine is. What you meant was "Weed is not a HARMFUL drug"

I play GTA for the missions, I'm aware of the drugs and wouldn't mind selling them but I think taking them would be stupid. I am bias tho as I feel there is no need to take drugs, it costs a bomb and u feel low after the high. If you stop taking the drug u get withdrawl and feel like shit. It takes over your life and fucks with your head. Weed isn't as bad but it still fucks wit ur head and most people mix tobacco with it so your then addicted to weed and tobacco.

Sorry for the rant.

You don't get addicted to tobacco, its the nicotine that gets you addicted.... Weed is not a mental addiction like coke or meth, but can you can become addicted to it from extended use, just like with anything else.

you can get drunk in GTAIV, so why not get high?? alcohol is worst than any drug out there... and they even gave you the opportunity to drive drunk if you wanted to... so why not give us the chance to play high?? if not during missions, perhaps there could be activities that lead to it, like taking packie to the bar...

to the above post; yes, everything is an addiction... but with the right mental strength, you can quit an addiction... i quit cigarettes cold turkey over a year ago... i know i am addicted to weed and alcohol, but i know i have the mental strength to quit both if i had to... i just choose not to :D...

Well Rockstar always likes pushing the boundaries of what can be in a video game, so I think it is possible. As for drug dealing, didn't Cherry Poppers require you to sling drugs in Vice City to make it successful?

you can get drunk in GTAIV, so why not get high?? alcohol is worst than any drug out there... and they even gave you the opportunity to drive drunk if you wanted to... so why not give us the chance to play high?? if not during missions, perhaps there could be activities that lead to it, like taking packie to the bar...

to the above post; yes, everything is an addiction... but with the right mental strength, you can quit an addiction... i quit cigarettes cold turkey over a year ago... i know i am addicted to weed and alcohol, but i know i have the mental strength to quit both if i had to... i just choose not to :D...

True, all they need is for you to get a star when smoking it so that "there are concequences for your criminal actions"

But what are the cops gonna do, blast you with an AK for smoking a spliff?

Guest Marney1

I fail to see how the protagonist smoking weed or whatever could enhance the game.

I fail to see how the protagonist smoking weed or whatever could enhance the game.

Not just that. I'd find it difficult to like a protagonist that was hooked on drugs, and I think twisting the storyline to accommodate that would just be a bad idea. What's the story going to be, a druggie goes to LA to commit crimes to make money to afford rehab clinic? It doesn't work.

most people mix tobacco with it so your then addicted to weed and tobacco.

Just want to go on record as saying I only use glass, no blunts. I wouldn't even smoke bowls if I could afford a vaporizer.

Fuck tobacco.

• Like 1

Hopefully the cops wont be stupid and use Lethal force for smoking a blunt.

That always pissed me off no matter the state of the crime the cops always just shoot.

Like ah shit I just bumped that cop car. Pop pop wasted......wtf

Guest Marney1

Hopefully the cops wont be stupid and use Lethal force for smoking a blunt.

That always pissed me off no matter the state of the crime the cops always just shoot.

Like ah shit I just bumped that cop car. Pop pop wasted......wtf

What do you mean 'hopefully'? You won't be smoking a blunt. :luis:

I really dont see why we cant smoke a j or smoke a bowl. Well maybe for little kids asking their parents to buy the game for them, but that's not Rockstars* fault GTA is mean't for a mature audience not little kids. IMO

Guest Marney1

I really dont see why we cant smoke a j or smoke a bowl. Well maybe for little kids asking their parents to buy the game for them, but that's not Rockstars* fault GTA is mean't for a mature audience not little kids. IMO

It's a shit idea, that's why R* won't be adding it to the game.

Do the drugs in real life where it actually does something other than make the screen go blurry. Save the game for other shit you can't get away with.