Sign in to follow this  
Xavier IdqafBossin

GTA5 trailer poster Poster in GTA4 *R gave us clues.

I'm pretty sure that's the actual background on that ride. Someone who actually gives a shit (i.e., not me) should load up IV and make sure.

Edit: It's not a mod.

FireflyIsland-GTA4-Funlandeast.jpg

Bottom row, middle:

Firefly_Island4.jpg

I don't think he meant that it was a GTA V screen, just that the San Andreas screen was supposed to be a hint. I don't even know if that's what you were getting at...

I had forgotten about that background image.

I'll give you that it does have the same basic image as the ending of the GTA V trailer, but sadly it can only be a coincidence.

While it's true that they started work on GTA V almost as soon as GTA IV was done that doesn't mean that they had either A selected the location yet, or B even thought about the new game's future ad campaign.

When most people think of Rockstar starting work on GTA V back in 2008 they seem to be thinking that Rockstar just jumped right in with coding and modeling when in reality they wouldn't be that far along at that stage. Starting work on it would be from square one: Choose a location/time period, basic story outline, who are major characters? etc.

What I'm getting at is that at the stage in making GTA IV where they added that picture they probably wouldn't have known where GTA V was going to even take place yet. All it is is a nice easter egg (for those who wanted to explore every nook and cranny) about GTA: San Andreas.

Wow that's pretty cool, and the last picture is noticeably very similar to the end of the GTA V trailer.

Maybe the ending of the trailer was inspired by the picture, rather than the other way around.

since it's nothing but screenshots from San Andreas, I doubt it was ment to be any hint towards the location of 5.

What confused me a little was the difference between the flora around the Vinewood logo here and in the game, looks like they enhanced it a little with larger bushes and stuff.

The similarities in the pictures is purely coincidental I guess. I did some visual comparison and found that the Shamal doesn't even belong to the skyline view like it does at the end of the trailer.

The Vinewood sign and the Shamal flying are 2 small pictures at the sides while the "main" picture is the skyline with the Hydra in front. Position yourself a litte north of the Vinewood sign and look back towards donwtown LS and you see basically the same picture as most of the beackground on this ride consists of.

I like to take it as one of the many many many easter eggs linking BACK to San Andreas in GTA4 (as in homage; R* knows this was the most popular game in the series and therefore did it... at least thats my guess as to why there's so many allusions to San Andreas. EDIT: just go to the mini golf course right next to the rollercoaster, all sculptures there are gathered from all over San Andreas)

yeah, that picture of Vinewood, especially the city skyline doens't really look like GTA-SanAndreas to me, it looks more like GTA5.. It could be interesting concept art or something.

still, if the game was in development for 6 years, then R* isn't doing so hot in the production department.

I think now we know where V is to be set, every mention or symbol relating to LS and SA people take as a hint or clue.

When IV was released and people saw this, they would of said it's about the past game. Now we know we're to go back, it becomes a hint that was there all along.

Can't see that as this was there from the get go, Rockstar knew before the release of IV that V was to be set in LS.

Guest Marney1

If this is only in TBoGT and not GTA IV, then it's quite possibly a hint towards V. By 2009 they would definitely have started developing GTA V.

I haven't checked if it's there on the IV disc. Can't be arsed to either.

vinewood.jpg

its gta sa. look at the size of the satellite dishs are big like in the pic in the OP. hell this pic look like the exact same one. from the same angle.

blahass.png

the one in gta v doesnt have the big dishs. and the hill has way more detial. and you can see shadows from one letter going on to another. better lighting. NOT gta v

vinewood.jpg

its gta sa. look at the size of the satellite dishs are big like in the pic in the OP. hell this pic look like the exact same one. from the same angle.

blahass.png

the one in gta v doesnt have the big dishs. and the hill has way more detial. and you can see shadows from one letter going on to another. better lighting. NOT gta v

Posts lol. fucking hate having the very last post at the buttom of the page. most will miss it

Gta5 most likely started production in 08/09 in order to take advantage of the technology available after gta4 release. Games have come along way in 4/5 years and when r* puts out a new game everyone takes notice.

U can best bet this game is going to be off the hook.

When gta 4 came out it changed everything I knew about gta

Now we look at gta 4 like eh its badass and all bjt its no san Andreas and I think r* noticed this to and I think they miss the now nostalgia of gta sa and all its timeless glory