Sign in to follow this  
Headshot

Should GTA V have a Clutch as an Option for a car?

The only realism I want from a car in GTA when it comes to clutches and petrol tanks is for the car to explode when I shoot the tank on the car.

I have racing sims, I don't need GTA to become one.

Guest Marney1

The only realism I want from a car in GTA when it comes to clutches and petrol tanks is for the car to explode when I shoot the tank on the car.

The tank would need to be virtually empty of fuel but even then, unless it's a tracer or explosive round - AND even then, it's a gazillion to one chance it will explode. Getting killed by a bullet bouncing off a car tyre is more plausible.

The tank would need to be virtually empty of fuel but even then, unless it's a tracer or explosive round - AND even then, it's a gazillion to one chance it will explode. Getting killed by a bullet bouncing off a car tyre is more plausible.

Exactly. GTA SA style realism.

i think they should allow you to open the boot of a car on GTA V so you can put all yuour stuff in. Other people did it on GTA 4. Also they should allow you to have your own car keys so you can lock it so car jackers dont steal your car because i heard lots of people annoyed when there best car gets stolen on gta and i think that they should allow it so you can park your car anywhere instead of a yellow dotted place and they should also allow it so you can indicate so other drivers know where you are going and that happen on gta 4. also they should allow it so you can get petrol because whats the point of putting a gas station when they dont go to it and cars run on gas. and another thing they should do is if your car breaks down on the game they should have a number for the repair men on the game and if not the player should fix it by opening the hood.

when i said about they should allow it to park your car anywhere means that when you save the game it is still where you last parked it. and can they make it more compatable for a xbox360 or a ps3 steering wheel so when you press the accelerator pedal then it accelerates instead of the turret control annd can brake pedal be brake/revearse and can you make the controls on xbox360 like this a to accelerate , x to brake , y to enter/get out of the vehicle and b to revearse and the rs to change the gear on the vehicle.

i think they should allow you to open the boot of a car on GTA V so you can put all yuour stuff in. Other people did it on GTA 4. Also they should allow you to have your own car keys so you can lock it so car jackers dont steal your car because i heard lots of people annoyed when there best car gets stolen on gta and i think that they should allow it so you can park your car anywhere instead of a yellow dotted place and they should also allow it so you can indicate so other drivers know where you are going and that happen on gta 4. also they should allow it so you can get petrol because whats the point of putting a gas station when they dont go to it and cars run on gas. and another thing they should do is if your car breaks down on the game they should have a number for the repair men on the game and if not the player should fix it by opening the hood.

when i said about they should allow it to park your car anywhere means that when you save the game it is still where you last parked it. and can they make it more compatable for a xbox360 or a ps3 steering wheel so when you press the accelerator pedal then it accelerates instead of the turret control annd can brake pedal be brake/revearse and can you make the controls on xbox360 like this a to accelerate , x to brake , y to enter/get out of the vehicle and b to revearse and the rs to change the gear on the vehicle.

In some cases a blinker would make sense, but that'd just be something that'd be more of a treat. The whole clutch or gear ideas came to me while I was driving around in a sports car realizing that I myself would love to have a clutch or the ability to shift so I can spin the tires and as someone else mentioned before, do I proper launch. And yes GTA isn't a racing sim, but it is a game where you spend much of your time in a vehicle, and while I don't want the complicity of Forza or Gran Turismo a clutch would be something that'd be fun for the realism and the added effects to the driving mechanics. And like it's been said, just have an option in the pause menu to turn it off.

Guest Marney1

I've decided having a clutch option in GTA V would be a really stupid and unnecessary addition. This topic is now dead to me.

Guest Marney1

Yeh true i would want a clutch.... but it can be a option inni

It would hardly give the game an extra fun factor though, c'mon.

Yeh true i would want a clutch.... but it can be a option inni

It would hardly give the game an extra fun factor though, c'mon.

yeh your right... i wouldnt want it too buh i know some guys who want that feature but i dont know why they would want that because it would make game play awkward.... but it can be an option if people want it in their gameplay

GTA Isn't a driving simulator. NO CLUTCH!

Also did somebody say they want car keys so they can lock the car so it won't be stolen? How the fuck do you think you probably got that car in the first place? Did you have keys then? Also Screwdriver isn't a key, it's the ONLY Key you need.

Also did somebody say they want car keys so they can lock the car so it won't be stolen? How the fuck do you think you probably got that car in the first place? Did you have keys then? Also Screwdriver isn't a key, it's the ONLY Key you need.

Screwdrivers won't work on recent cars, really only models before all the added electronic safety and anti-theft. Try shoving a flat head screw driver into my 99 Cavy's ignition cylinder and it'll never start again. Unfortunately that year is still able to be hot wired, so I guess the screw driver does help, but not really as a key.XD

Guest Marney1

Screwdrivers won't work on recent cars, really only models before all the added electronic safety and anti-theft. Try shoving a flat head screw driver into my 99 Cavy's ignition cylinder and it'll never start again. Unfortunately that year is still able to be hot wired, so I guess the screw driver does help, but not really as a key.XD

There's a street not far from me where everytime someones doorbell was rung, any Range Rover parked nearby would lock the owner out of their car. Dunno why I'm telling you that.

Welcome to iGTA5.

Edit: Can't find that particular story but here's something similar.