Sign in to follow this  
Headshot

Should GTA V have a Clutch as an Option for a car?

As the title suggests. But I can see how this could be a major issue, considering it would have to use up at least one of the buttons (given you didn't want to have the gear up and gear down buttons) But I do believe it'd be a fun little addition for a sense of realism. Like having an option in the controls to have the clutch replace the handbrake or whatever, Also could be something to add to street racing in the drag sense.

• Like 2

Guest Marney1

For some random vehicles maybe but I doubt they'd include the clutch option, Americans don't know how to drive stick.

• Like 1

Think it would be a waste of time and effort considering the amount of people who would use it.

If they did, and it wasn't an option you had to use it, I would most likely run everywhere. I wanna be shooting people in the face, not worrying about how to use a clutch.

Guest Marney1

We do need some kind of clutch control though, but depending how far you press the gas button in. I want to be able to crawl past the prostitutes so I can pick a good one instead of having to stop. Hope the driving controls aren't like L.A. Noire with the paddle buttons being used for stop and go, gives me hand cramp.

For normal driving, no. But I would like a clutch kind of mechanism when you're stationary with the handbrake on, so you can rev, release the handbrake (and therefore the clutch) and do a proper burnout.

For some random vehicles maybe but I doubt they'd include the clutch option, Americans don't know how to drive stick.

Been driving stick before I ever got a license, one of the wonders of living on a farm where the only pick up has a 4 speed in it. :P

And I could see how it would be an issue but I like the idea with the pressure on the acceleration button, like letting off the gas a bit and then fully pressing it is like shifting up a gear, I got the Futo in GTA 4 to seem like it has a clutch every now and again with just the acceleration button, maybe I'll see if I can get a video of it.

And all be it the game isn't a racing game, it is centred around cars (Grand Theft -Auto-) and out running the cops, not to mention certain cars can only be bought with a standard (ie Cobalt SS)

Edited by Headshot

Guest Marney1

Been driving stick before I ever got a license, one of the wonders of living on a farm where the only pick up has a 4 speed in it. :P

And I could see how it would be an issue but I like the idea with the pressure on the acceleration button, like letting off the gas a bit and then fully pressing it is like shifting up a gear, I got the Futo in GTA 4 to seem like it has a clutch every now and again with just the acceleration button, maybe I'll see if I can get a video of it.

And all be it the game isn't a racing game, it is centred around cars (Grand Theft -Auto-) and out running the cops, not to mention certain cars can only be bought with a standard (ie Cobalt SS)

Futo is my favourite car in IV, probably because it's front wheel drive and seems to allow more control by kind of allowing you to feel like you have clutch control. The Blista Compact is good for that too.

Futo is my favourite car in IV, probably because it's front wheel drive and seems to allow more control by kind of allowing you to feel like you have clutch control. The Blista Compact is good for that too.

The Futo is rear wheel drive.o.O But yeah I loved the Futo and the Blista, hated the Uranus though, it handled like a skateboard.>< I would love to have a clutch option in GTA 5 but it's not something that would make me hate the game, just one of those fun little additions I thought of.:P

• Like 1

Guest Marney1

@Headshot The Futo is RWD? Maybe it is, not sure now you've said that but it handles the best for what I use it for anyway. There are some FWD cars in IV though.

Only ruin it for people who chose to have the clutch option on and can't drive stick. :P

And yeah the Futo is RWD. And the cars that I know for a fact are FWD are; the Blista Compact and Uranus, not too sure about any more. Maybe the hybrid car is too, as well as some other pretty usual cars.

• Like 1

I don't know why they don't put turn signals in it. I mean, if I want to obey the law like everyone else and drive correctly, I want too. Also they need to fix the problem when your stopped at a red light and cars try to get around your car while your stopped.

Can't see how they'd make it work. What buttons would you use for the clutch, pretty sure that the controls are difficult enough while driving. It'd probably confuse the Americans too. "hey man there's something up with this car, it's got like 3 pedals and some metal thing sticking out between the front seats"

Guest Marney1

Can't see how they'd make it work. What buttons would you use for the clutch, pretty sure that the controls are difficult enough while driving. It'd probably confuse the Americans too. "hey man there's something up with this car, it's got like 3 pedals and some purple thing sticking out between the front seats"

Probably best if they don't add it, and they won't imo.

Guest Marney1

fuk a clutch. Petrol gauge would be better

But this thread is about clutches, not petrol gauges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb_7RZNEGqE

Just a thought, in the UK if you only pass your driving test in an automatic you cannot drive a manual car. When Americans pass in an automatic can they legally drive a maual car?

fuk a clutch. Petrol gauge would be better

But this thread is about clutches, not petrol gauges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb_7RZNEGqE

Just a thought, in the UK if you only pass your driving test in an automatic you cannot drive a manual car. When Americans pass in an automatic can they legally drive a maual car?

indeed they can, I lived there for several years and held a u.s licence no restriction on transmission type. Now thats not to say they can actually use a manual gearbox most of they people I saw trying done the whole "if you cant find it grind it" thats if they ever managed to get it moving without stalling