Well, hunting is not realy GTA to me. Camping typa stuff i think would be cool ( like RDR, but when you make camp its stationary, and you can walk around). i like G-Locks ideas about the desert. The fugitives, UFO sigtings, maybe a plane crash or somthin. Idk, i hope they add A huge desert. The problem that i have is, What desert will they use as a model? in GTA SA, the desert was based off the mojave, but it barely looked like it. In Gta 5, im thinking they are going to do the mojave, and the sonoran deserts( mojave is like by Las Vegas, and the sonoran by Pheonix or Yuma AZ) together. Thats the only thing that im questioning. Because Geographicaly, the sonoran is mixed with the mojave like east of San deigo. So on the realism, the mojave would probaly be the pick. Just some thoughts, because both look pretty differently, and one might be funner than the other gameplay wise.

the biggest complaints gameplaywise about IV in my opinion. I'd also like to see some forest areas

GTA IV's Liberty City was based on New York City not the amazon rainforest.

Well at least he'll get his forest fix in 'V.

After playing through RDR again I can really get a feel of what GTA V's landscape will be like... RDR is still fucking beautiful to behold and I hope GTA V improves on this. Anyone wondering what GTA V's countryside will be like should look no further.

A question; out of Skyrim and RDR, which of the two environments/landscapes do you prefer? My answer, RDR... since Skyrim is fantasy based the landscape is equally fantastical, but slightly unrealistic. RDR's is believable, it also isn't as cluttered and crowded with lairs, making it seem like a barren and desolate landscape - which suits the game perfectly. (I might ask this question in another topic as don't expect to get many replies that matter in here.)

I wanna play RDR again now...

• Like 1

Well, hunting is not realy GTA to me. Camping typa stuff i think would be cool ( like RDR, but when you make camp its stationary, and you can walk around). i like G-Locks ideas about the desert. The fugitives, UFO sigtings, maybe a plane crash or somthin. Idk, i hope they add A huge desert. The problem that i have is, What desert will they use as a model? in GTA SA, the desert was based off the mojave, but it barely looked like it. In Gta 5, im thinking they are going to do the mojave, and the sonoran deserts( mojave is like by Las Vegas, and the sonoran by Pheonix or Yuma AZ) together. Thats the only thing that im questioning. Because Geographicaly, the sonoran is mixed with the mojave like east of San deigo. So on the realism, the mojave would probaly be the pick. Just some thoughts, because both look pretty differently, and one might be funner than the other gameplay wise.

Could you elaborate on how the gameplay would be different, to me a desert pretty much resembles another desert (maybe not physical, but gameplaywise)? I could imagine though that there will be different types of deployment of buildings and such. In a barren desert some ghost towns or mexican style hacienda's and ranches. And in the less barren areas some more agricultural stuff, such as dairyfarms of whatever.

Well at least he'll get his forest fix in 'V.

Damn sure hope so! ;) /Wants to run bucknaked through the woods

I hope there is a vast desert area in V, similar to in RDR. Tearing across it on a dirtbike would be epic.

Also going fullspeed through a river on a cliffside, maneuvering through the rough terrain... Also mountain biking down a trail on a mountain would be awesome. Definitely gonna do that.

• Like 2

A year and a half ago i first played RDR, and i thought they couldn't make it look better than that, then after the V trailer was released, someone said the desert/countryside will be even more beautiful thsn RDR.. i slapped them in the face, then slapped myself after seeing these screens.

I dont think GTA 5 will have any recreation of California desert. In my opinion the only reason to have a desert in GTA 5 was to "hide" a military base. We can have a military base near the coast, like Vanderberg Air Force base.

I dont think GTA 5 will have any recreation of California desert. In my opinion the only reason to have a desert in GTA 5 was to "hide" a military base. We can have a military base near the coast, like Vanderberg Air Force base.

I'm not so sure...With them taking on yosemite valley and the LA mountain range, I think they just might...But I do totally agree with you that it will probably be to fill a location for Twentynine palms MCB, or more likey Edwards AFB in the Mojave!

Well at the part with the wind turbines it's clear it's located in a somewhat desert like environment. I think a desert would be cool for motorcross. Of course so would a forest area.

Well at the part with the wind turbines it's clear it's located in a somewhat desert like environment. I think a desert would be cool for motorcross. Of course so would a forest area.

Ya that's what bugging me...what they were showing is the Altamont Pass wind farm, which is near me in northern california, but also ironically enough on the way to Yosemite...Leads me to beleive the map is going to be a whole lot larger than people are anticipating!

4785416200_297c6f4679_b.jpg

Ya that's what bugging me...what they were showing is the Altamont Pass wind farm, which is near me in northern california, but also ironically enough on the way to Yosemite...Leads me to beleive the map is going to be a whole lot larger than people are anticipating!

4785416200_297c6f4679_b.jpg

Are you sure? There's a large wind turbine area in Southern California as well, called Palm Springs. Not that I know anything about that, just saw it somewhere on the forum before! It's also a lot more desert like than the one you mentioned, which is more similar to the ones in the trailer where the car can be seen kicking up dust.

39_01_2---Wind-Turbine-Generators--Palm-Springs--California_web.jpg

gta5_261656.jpg

Of course i'm not sure, just trowing it out there...It does make me wonder how they are going to transition between the desert of the LA foothills and the forest of Yosemite though.

Guess they will study the actual geography of the transition and try to recreate it as accurately as possible, of course within the limitations they face.

Of course i'm not sure, just trowing it out there...It does make me wonder how they are going to transition between the desert of the LA foothills and the forest of Yosemite though.

Guess they will study the actual geography of the transition and try to recreate it as accurately as possible, of course within the limitations they face.

RockStar pretty much confirmed that it will be their biggest open world game up to date.

This is from their newswire: ( http://www.rockstarg...eft-auto-v.html )

Hey guys hope everything is good over there in Rockstar. Just a question referring to GTA 4, the game was brilliant and I really enjoyed and still do, but what disappointed me was the lack of planes and jets... Can you tell me why you didn't include them, I'm sure you have a very valid reason?”via Mouthoff

The city was simply too small for effective and enjoyable flying. It was the first time we made a high definition open world, and it was a massive amount of work to make something on that scale – we simply could not make an environment big enough for planes to work properly. Fear not, they are returning in what is our biggest open world game to date.

Cheers, LVDavid

that would be so cool to climb to the top of the wind turbines and go out a top hatch door then base jump off of them AWSOME

Wind turbines arn't THAT big.....

that would be so cool to climb to the top of the wind turbines and go out a top hatch door then base jump off of them AWSOME

What would be really cool would be if a mission had a helicopter chase where you have to maneuver through a field of wind turbines. Yeah, got that from a movie, but still it's fuckin' A.

I always found it fun to go out in the desert in SA with an old military plane, and get "shot down" and survive out in the desert slowly working my way back to the city.

I want to be able to do that again.

And role play in general was fun in SA because of the variety of places you could explore.

Id love to be able to get that same feel out of GTAV.

the mountains in the trailer seemed to be huge,so maybe a hidden cave with puzzels to get out of it? or a lake with a crashed plane in it?

I hope we can own a vinyard and hire hundreds of illegal immigrants to work for us and then become a multi billion dollar company supplying the finest grapes to wine companies!

Only if we can patrol the grounds and subject the illegals who aren't working hard enough to brutal beatings and force them to do humiliating acts in front of their kin. If we can legally own a honky it would be even better. :yes: