Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney-1

Race 'N' Chase

Guest Marney1

Sweet! I'm probably as boring as you, but I want to read through this. lol

LOL There's probably a few people browsing these forums who were'nt even born when that was drawn up. Me being 127 years old can remember the hype surrounding the original GTA, the core idea hasn't really changed that much when you think about it.

250px-GTA_-_Box_Front.jpgGTA1_PC_in-game_screenshot.png

I remember reading about the original Grand Theft Auto in a magazine and then being really excited about it waiting for the next issue that had a demo of it on the free disc. Those were the days, who still buys game magazines anyway, the internet has killed the art of the printed word on paper.

Guest Marney1

I remember reading about the original Grand Theft Auto in a magazine and then being really excited about it waiting for the next issue that had a demo of it on the free disc. Those were the days, who still buys game magazines anyway, the internet has killed the art of the printed word on paper.

I pondered buying the Official Playstation Magazine the other day just for the L.A. Noire preview but thought fuck it, let someone else pay £5.99 and I'll just read from the uploaded scans that will surely emerge on the net somewhere.

I also remember anticipating the first GTA OPSM preview. I loved grabbing the official playstation magazines as you used to get fuck loads of demos on them, back in the day. I remember playing the GTA and MGS demos hundreds of times before the games were finally released.

Ooo look what i found:

DOPM11V2.jpg

DOPM42.jpg

Guest Marney1

h

I also remember anticipating the first GTA OPSM preview. I loved grabbing the official playstation magazines as you used to get fuck loads of demos on them, back in the day. I remember playing the GTA and MGS demos hundreds of times before the games were finally released.

Ooo look what i found:

DOPM11V2.jpg

DOPM42.jpg

Frogger on the same demo disc as GTA lol, and the original MGS has to be one of my favourite games of all time.

I remember me and my mate were among the first in the UK to have a NES and we were in 'Club Nintendo' - it was a free magazine that came out about once every 3 months. We'd flick through our magazines and drool over the latest games like Metroid and The Goonies II.

Ha, we even had Club Nintendo membership cards and 'personally' signed letters from Mario. My membership card was number 00213 or something, used to have loads of 1st edition magazines too, like EDGE - all in perfect condition...............gave them all away.

Guest Marney1

My membership card was number 00213 or something

213?! RIP Nate Dogg. [/bandwagonish proud americanry]

Ha, I get it, REGULAAAAATE! ^_^

h

Ooo look what i found:

DOPM11V2.jpg

DOPM42.jpg

Frogger on the same demo disc as GTA lol, and the original MGS has to be one of my favourite games of all time.

I remember me and my mate were among the first in the UK to have a NES and we were in 'Club Nintendo' - it was a free magazine that came out about once every 3 months. We'd flick through our magazines and drool over the latest games like Metroid and The Goonies II.

Ha, we even had Club Nintendo membership cards and 'personally' signed letters from Mario. My membership card was number 00213 or something, used to have loads of 1st edition magazines too, like EDGE - all in perfect condition...............gave them all away.

I was in that club, lol. I used to read Gamesmaster and CVG. I never really read any PlayStation only mags until the PS2 came out.