Sign in to follow this  
Mercy

xbox 720 by end of 2012

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/1212774?content_only

So if GTA 5 is not released until October time next yeah, based on what edge magazine says it is possible it could be out in time for xbox 720 launch, that way R* can make it excusive to this console for a while and so may make more money.

Thoughts?

Ps I no its IGN link but the info is from Edge magazine.

• Like 1

I don't trust magazines. A well known 360 magazine in the UK said that GTA V would be released by April 2011 lol. So I'd stay away from that. As for the new consoles? I still don't think we've got the most out of the next gen consoles yet. I don't think we'll be seeing the next consoles for at least another couple of years. We've been hearing about these new consoles for the last few years. But want something more accurate and realistic? We could see the next consoles in 2016. Along with a new GTA.

I would be a bit annoyed, I mean I feel like noone has used the current consoles to there full advantage yet. With ps2 u knew we needed a new console, games needed it. But now I don't.

Also releasing a console in the recession ( UK are heading for another one and a lot of countries are not over the 1st ) is the worst idea they could have, I mean consoles are not far off £500 when 1st released and most people won't have the money.

Exactly, I've heard those reasons before too, it's just not a good fit whatsoever. Around 2016 things could have a chance of calming down, if they did release the consoles imagine how much they would charge too, I don't even want to think about it lol.

It can't seriously be called the Xbox 720... What a stupid name. I mean the Playstation 4 would make sense when that comes out, but why call it the Xbox 720? Because it's two times a 360? Reminds me of playing Tony Hawks. Wonder if the Xbox 900 will come with wheels...

• Like 1

Would be surprised. I'm sure it takes more than a year to learn a new console and create a working game for it. If the dev kits are only just going out, that's what we'd be looking at.

lets say its a couple years from now and they make a GTA for the "720" and PS4, they will still have to make them for the 360 and PS3 because so many ppl have them and there not going to go obsolete (spelling?) so im not worrued about it

PS2: 2000-2006

PS3:2006-???

Xbox:2001-2005

Xbox360:2005-???

The lifespan of newer consoles are definitely expanding, So I highly doubt the next Xbox will be launched next year. I predict the next generation of consoles will be released sometime 2013-2015, by then the current generation should be at the end of their lifespan.

No new consoles until 2015, or I start killing puppies.

i know it's not about actual puppies, but it ran thru my when you said that...

as for the next round of systems; nintendo is about to find out if it can roll out a new system in such a short time span... it might sell well, but it will be lucky if it pulls even half the wii's numbers at launch in '06... no one is ready for a new generation, the current one is hitting it's prime as we speak... there's plenty of good years left, but the wii just wassn't surviving the generation too well, it looks old compared to what the playstation and xbox can deliver... they had to change, but their changes aren't all that much either...

sony and microsoft have plenty of life left in both systems... perhaps another 5 years each... we shouldn't start hearing anything about this for another couple of years... but if the rumor is true and there's going to be a new system in the next couple of years, then i will have to do what i did with the playstation 3 and wait it out for a couple of years... i waited to buy my PS3 until a month before GTAIV released... and god of war literally made it's debut at the end of the PS2 era... i am quite comfortable riding out the storm to the end of it's cycle... and i know sony knows their fans will too... the PS2 is still selling...

I seriously don't wanna see a new console any time soon. Our western economy isn't very strong atm, it would be a stupid time to release a new console for at least another 4-5 years imo... Just saying. And what would a new console do that a PC can't already at the moment. Unless they find a way to makes games look better than the current/new gen PC games, i don't see the point. As long as they don't go down some shitty control-less motion camera console route, I'll stay calm.