Headshot

Dislikes about GTA 4

i will buy a ps2 because i hate playn on a computer ! i omly play games on a ps , i need the ps controller thats why i did not bought a Xbox because i hated the controller ! i think most poeople like gtaVC or SA more than 4 , as i sayed the story is just 50% of the game .......

I have no clue why they didn't put planes into GTA 4.

Small city, only one place with enough space to safely land. It didn't need planes.

Well they could have at least brought back the skimmer or the Dodo. And all be it GTA 4 had a good story, and I hope 5 does just as well, I want them to bring back some of the fun factor. Like getting money for doing insane jumps, which may not be realistic but damn it's fun. And SA story was alright until a certain point, but I still prefer SA to 4 any day, I'll trade a drop in graphics for more things to do.

Guest Marney1

yea i'm thinking about buying a ps2 only to play vice city & san andreas again !

lol why would you do that if you have a computer?

I'm thinking of doing exactly the same, because I hate playing games on a pc.

Am I the only one on here who never got rid of there ps2? I even have a ps1 memory card so i can play those games 2.

Guest Marney1

Am I the only one on here who never got rid of there ps2? I even have a ps1 memory card so i can play those games 2.

Gave mine to my niece when I got the PS3, she's swapped it with my brother for his shitty Wii so I'm sure if I asked to borrow it back for a while he'd say yes. Don't think he plays it anyway, his bird just polishes the fucking thing.

Mabye its me but i didn't liked the map so well, mainly because of

- There was like almost NO green environment, the game was way too gray/dark/white

- It was like a endless road with houses next to it, no desert, no nice beaches ( the one they had were shitty tbh ) no countrysides

Also, there wasn't as much as fun as in SA.

SA is in my opinion, still the best GTA!

lets hope GTA 5 beats the shit out that :D

- There was like almost NO green environment, the game was way too gray/dark/white

- It was like a endless road with houses next to it, no desert, no nice beaches ( the one they had were shitty tbh ) no countrysides

Um, it was New York City. NYC doesn't have any of that.

I hold to my opinion it was a -good- game. But fulfilling, no. As someone mentioned earlier, after the game's main missions were over you didn't quite feel like you attained Niko's main goal when he moved to to Liberty. He wanted to get away from the killing and all that. And even by the end of the game you were someone's hired gun.

After playing GTA San Andreas a lot (also recently, because my laptop doesn't even run GTA4) almost everything about GTA4 was disappointing to me. Better to ask me what was not disappointing:

- City's realism

- Slightly better people behavior

- The way cars catch fire, take damage and explode

- And really the way you shoot from cars, this is really annoying in SA, when you're used to the GTA4 way (from PC/mouse).

But the AI-enemies in GTA4 were still plain suicidal, there was not much going on besides the missions, a lot of good features from SA removed, etc...

I hope GTA5 will be a merge between the best of both worlds.

Guest Marney1

I think GTA IV is a great game, it's given me years of fun albeit mostly in multiplayer mode but people complaining about it not having San Andreas style countryside need to understand it wasn't meant to be like San Andreas, it was 'New York' which is full of tall buildings, alleyways, concrete, more concrete and more concrete. It's supposed to feel a bit grim and intimidating so to me, IV is a masterpiece in it's own right because it's as accurate as can be for how they set out to make it.

If we hadn't ever gotten a Liberty City re-build you'd all be screaming for one now, be happy you've now got a 'different' kind of map to look forward to.

Um, it was New York City. NYC doesn't have any of that.

Yes, but did i said anything about NYC? :) I just like green environments and well, also other stuff. Even it was NYC, they could always made extra content, right? :)

Not if they wanted to make an accurate NYC. GTA V is going to have countryside, and that makes sense because there's countryside around LA, but I wouldn't want them to put random empty space around Liberty because it wouldn't feel right to me.

Not if they wanted to make an accurate NYC. GTA V is going to have countryside, and that makes sense because there's countryside around LA, but I wouldn't want them to put random empty space around Liberty because it wouldn't feel right to me.

I agree, otherwise all the cities would be identicle.

Now with 4 years of feedback of GTA IV, Rockstar should have a huge list of improvements and implement them into GTA V. They will also have a much easier time making the game, since they have a lot more experience with the RAGE engine than back in 07/08, with GTA IV,RDR and all. But there will always be things people want, no matter how much the game advances. GTA IV was a great game, but it was just missing those little things that make up that fantastic experience.

I have no clue why they didn't put planes into GTA 4. And yeah, the bike stunts and unique jumps sucked for 4 as well. The NRG 900 handled like shit too.:\

I think they took them out because of 9/11. it might offend some people if you fly planes into buildings in a city based off NY.

i still have one that i play alot because of SA

If they were so worried about offending people with possibility of simulating 9/11, then they would not have let you kill pedestrians because of all the people in NY who's relatives have been murdered. They probably rushed GTA IV and just didnt have time to figure out all the programming on the new engine.

It would be great if it was possible to be able to set up or have specific kill rooms/kill sites for my victims/targets, (kinda like in Dexter the tv series). It just makes sense because the guy (Dexter) is "untouchable" and if GTA 5 can handle kills in a similar fashion players would be too (depending on how well they choose their kill site). I would prefer it if every thing I do could affect the game world and make a lasting impact in it (not just the things I do in story). I'd also like to have to deal with the clean up of evidence so that I don't get caught by the cops. The reason why is because in GTA IV, the cops would just stop searching and go on as if nothing had happened after I get out of their search radius for a long enough time period. I'd like it if they could play a bigger role in GTA V. Perhaps hunting me down, searching for tips or clues on where my location is - where i live - or something. I'd like to be able to follow news on the TV, radio, and internet or perhaps get tips from my associates for when to move out and find a new place to lay low in order to stay out of jail. I'd like to be able do things other than killing perhaps something like buying houses/apartment complexes and renting them out to non-playable game characters.

Crime-scenes would make more sense in terms of police work and kills that were badly planned or accidental at the very least.I

I suppose I arrived too late to really make an impact on the way things are done in GTA V but what the heck may be it will be in another game.

__

Another thing -- would malls not be a better place to shop? I'd enjoy walking through them buying tech such as new TV's, computers, cellphones and other devices, I'd also like to purchase cars at dealerships and perhaps from private owners that are not part of the story.

If they were so worried about offending people with possibility of simulating 9/11, then they would not have let you kill pedestrians because of all the people in NY who's relatives have been murdered. They probably rushed GTA IV and just didnt have time to figure out all the programming on the new engine.

i still think 9/11 had a little bit to do with it plus there was no place to land a plane anyway.