Sign in to follow this  
DuPz0r

interwebs help

OK so this is the first time I've ever uploaded a website before. I have all the pages in place but it takes me to a index of / with a list of my web pages rather than the index. I was wondering how to make the home page default when you type in the link not a list... Anyone know?

thanks.

/edit here i forgot to add the website: http://www.chrisbush.co.uk

I want my website to automatically go to index.html.

Thanks Fitty, yeah i noticed that last night. i had to upload each object 1 at a time and after almost 150 images i was tired as fuck lol. I should fix it today. Thanks for the help.

Overall, what do you think of the layout and design? i tried to keep it simple and easy to navigate whilst making it a self brand which was the point of my project.

Thanks Fitty, yeah i noticed that last night. i had to upload each object 1 at a time and after almost 150 images i was tired as fuck lol. I should fix it today. Thanks for the help.

Do you get FTP access with your hosting? If you do you can use a client like FileZilla to upload an entire folder in one click (drag and drop) and just leave it to work in the background. The built in file managers most hosts use are pathetic and useless for most sites.

I finally had some time to upload my latest work and play with the format of my website. Let me know what you think. It's not that much different to be fair, but i cleaned it up a bit.

www.chrisbush.co.uk

I have one problem actually. I tried uploading a rar file to my website as a download, but for some reason it wont recognise the format. I'm only using a basic/crappy uploader, would that be the rerason?

best thing to do would be using FTP to take care of uploads, I use Filezilla, your websites CP should have instructions on the details needed for a FTP client.