Sign in to follow this  
Psy

Possible Main Character Voice Artist

They do look and sound very similar. If he is the main character, it's ironic that he was talking to Frank Vincent at the start of the demo reel.

Edit: Wait, it might be that other guy that I always confuse with Frank Vincent.

Guest Marney1

Fear of looking at his @Mentions. Although twitter just changed that...

That 'change' on twitter, I've had that change on my @Marney_1 account for about 6 months. Hate it.

Maybe the guy has absolutely nothing to do with GTA V and just accidently deleted his account because the new change confused him?

Also, another twitter account claiming to be a relative has the same surname as the other tweeter - Rebecca Halls.

I think this is our guy for sure. I'm not sure if this is definitely our protagonist, but he's the guy in the trailer! It makes sense really. Since the facial mo-cap tech we've seen in R.A.G.E recently (L.A.Noire), they would make the characters based on real people just so the facial expressions look all that much better. I don't think it's gonna be an all out mo-cap like Noire, but i think they're using the same sort of tech for sure.

L.A Noire wasn't built on the rage engine. But it's true Rockstar is getting the actors likeness in the game more and more now. Let just find real people that look like the other characters then.

I'm not going on the Twitter thing as it seems they are just presuming, and based on Rebecca Halls tweets on her feelings towards him, she wouldn't know or be able to find out if it was him.

But those 2 pics, the likeness is too similar not to be. The eyes and nose are pretty much identical. The hair seems to follow the same line, and that mole in exactly the same place sealed the deal for me.

I still hope he's not our main protag, but the evidence seems to be piling up and it looks like it is.

L.A Noire wasn't built on the rage engine. But it's true Rockstar is getting the actors likeness in the game more and more now. Let just find real people that look like the other characters then.

Was it not? Oh, i never knew that. I just assumed it was.

I'm not going on the Twitter thing as it seems they are just presuming, and based on Rebecca Halls tweets on her feelings towards him, she wouldn't know or be able to find out if it was him.

But those 2 pics, the likeness is too similar not to be. The eyes and nose are pretty much identical. The hair seems to follow the same line, and that mole in exactly the same place sealed the deal for me.

I still hope he's not our main protag, but the evidence seems to be piling up and it looks like it is.

If she is his cousin, then I'm sure she wouldn't need him to tell her that it was him, she'd know his voice anywhere...

icon11.gif

Im with dont. Dont be trippin that this is the protag. Im sure its that character but even in the first place I didnt think the guy talking in the trailer was the protag.

@jimmytaenaka has tweetes a little more.

He goes from:

GTA 5 playaz across the globe! I just recognized the voice & profile -that's all I can say respectfully. I am looking forward to GTA 5 :-)

Which lead me to think he obviously knows nothing and is just presuming.

But then he followed up with:

Which seems like he does know, but isn't supposed to say? Or he knows nothing and won't untill release. Unsure how close he is to Ned Luke.

IMDB is listing Ned Luke as 'Albert De Silva', but that doesn't sound like a name suited to the face.

But if it is Albert, I beg we play as his son, Kevin, and he is not how described in casting calls.

Albert's fat, FPS playing gamer son. Smokes a lot of weed, has anxiety issues and a card for a bad back, very soft, very opinionated. Into making racist comments while playing online.

Oh, and these are just presumed names, obviously.