Sign in to follow this  
therealkiddala

Drug Dealing in Grand Theft Auto 5

The Hobo's sign in Trailer 1 really had me pondering the idea of drug dealing in GTA5. I think it would be an amazing side mission. It would also bring a cool RPG element to the game, you could go from being a nobody to the biggest dealer in the city. After it being in chinatown wars and that hobo's sign that had the word "pot" in it i think it could definitly happen.

If we are apart of the gang aspect (if there is a gang aspect) in V then it's definitely a possibility, but the protagonists have always been fairly clean cut for bad guys (CJ doesn't do crack, Niko's is fairly clean cut with drugs and alcohol)

Yeah, In CTW I made literally millions from drug trading. It was awesome, I really hope they include it in GTA V. It was in IV, but very bad, only as a few missions and you never go to see or choose.

I would like to see a marijuana farm in GTA V

Remeber the Plane Sarying the mexicans while they were picking the trees??

You could even be a cop taking the farm down from the side missions at the cop car compter

Or you might even be playing as the cop in the main story line taking it down...

If they go into the drug trade, they should put some Crack houses around so you could just walk up to the door and buy your Crack or whatever. It would be easy for R* to do and add some more flavor to the game.

icon11.gif

If they go into the drug trade, they should put some Crack houses around so you could just walk up to the door and buy your Crack or whatever. It would be easy for R* to do and add some more flavor to the game.

So you want to be able to DO crack in the game? itll never happen. GTA already gets enough shit from the press. Seems a bit overkill. Plus the protagonist usually has to be pretty able bodied to run from cops and shit. a twiggy drug riddled crackhead would be kinda shit to play as

• Like 1

Drug-addled, bullet-riddled...

Although I don't condone drug use, I wouldn't mind it being in GTA V. I could see it as an activity to get extra funds. And maybe sometimes you go to a deal and get ambushed by your buyer's gang. Sort of like the side mission for that guy in GTA IV but more intense and random. Or you could do the same to a seller, kill the gang, take the merchandise and keep the money.

*shrugs* :ermm:

icon11.gif

*drug addled.

Massacre: Educating the stupid, one Canadian at a time.

rid·dle1 (ribreve.gifdprime.gifl)

tr.v. rid·dled, rid·dling, rid·dles

To spread throughout

maybe addled is the expression thats more common. i've heard riddled. it works. suck my dick

ad·dled ad·dling

Definition of ADDLE

transitive verb

: to throw into confusion : confound

intransitive verb

: to become rotten : spoil

: to become confused

*joins in*

And at what point does "sucking cock for rock" take place in this scenario? Maybe the sixaxis controller could play a part in this mini mission..........Just a thought.

Here is an idea I have about this topic:

You should receive a duffle bag from a story line mission that introduces you to the whole concept by the objective being to buy 10 grams of weed and sell 5 grams of coke, or whatever. Then that should unlock the ability to trade drugs any time when you are free roaming, as long as you have the duffle bag equipped.

So you could walk around with the duffle bag, locate dealers (dispayed by various signs, like how strippers approach you in GTA IV, or on your GPS like in CTW) and trade with them with a similar interface to CTW. The more you have, the slower you move and more suspicious you look towards the cops. Maybe if you walked around with it full for a long time you could get 1/2/3 stars, and busts should occur randomly as well. Start small by selling weed and downers, and moving on to coke and heroin after a while. Maybe even have a stash in some of your safehouses.

Although I must admit, dealing drugs in CTW was far too easy, if it is incorporated again it needs to be harder, especially since the game is all about the value of the dollar.

Yeah, the drug-dealing thing is one of the coolest side missions I've ever seen R*G come up with for a GTA game. Most of the reviews all commended them for implementing it. I do agree that it was perhaps a little bit overpowered, but I found myself spending lots of time on doing it and avoiding the storyline missions because I wanted to go meet up with a certain drug dealer by a certain time to get a lower price on something so I could sell it later on for lots of profit. I hope they include something similar to this in GTA5, as well as other black market economy-type minigames (car theft? Identity theft? I want to see a lot of variety, including the stuff that was fun and WORKED in the past, as well as new things that can be fun as well... maybe even petty crimes like purse-snatching, or burgarly?)

I also think it would be cool to have the ability to "go through" somebody's purse when you steal it, for example. You can sift through all the stuff, toss the junk, keep the cash, sometimes find jewels/diamonds etc. That's just as an example to show in more detail what I mean, you could apply the same idea to going through people's cars and houses as well. This idea was VERY well executed in CTW, like the drug dealing minigame, etc. You could even burglarize somebody's house, find their stash of drugs and either steal them or EMPLOY the person (edit: perhaps, in GTA5 that is ^.^)

For all of the ways they include to make money, however, I want them to balance it by giving us stuff to invest in. Like businesses, with their own attached missions and objectives and ways to get a return on the investment you made. I also would like to see more weapons that you could BUY, and the ability to customize the weapons we BUY and accessorize them with whatever equipment we want to BUY and use with them (scopes, silencers, etc.)

Since GTA5's theme is "the pursuit of the almighty dollar" (versus GTA4's theme, which they even told us up front was NOT going to be a "rags-to-riches" story) I believe that buying businesses and making money/getting rich is definitely going to be a huge part of the game. I think they've heard their fans complaints, and I think that this is going to be the GTA game everyone was expecting with GTA4.

I dont want R to make a game that will appease the hardasses that are against this or that. I want them to make a game that will appease us, the gamers, who pay the company and therefore the only factor they should consider. FUCK those who this game offends, fuck em and don't bring up that argument like they shouldnt do this or that because it will offend those idiots, its an insult to what R stands for, and that is not giving a fuck and pushing the boundaries of what is allowed in video games. THey are just video games. Any lunatic using the game as an excuse to do shit in real life is just using it as an excuse. Thats like if I said my dog ate my homework we should start banning dogs.

Besides, we can kill millions of people in this game!!! Whats worse than that?! Killing animals?! Having real sex with hookers?! Fuck this puritan bullshit, if you can kill npc in full gore and view, you should fuck people in full view. Thats the same kind of bullshit like in America where you have people going to Iraq, potentially dying for this country, and not being able to legally have a drink when they come home.

But I've strayed off topic, excuse me. Yes, there should be a totally immersive drug trafficing aspect to this game. Also you should be able to do drugs, and in reply to whoever posted that doing drugs will make it difficult to run from police so they shouldnt let you do it because of that I say you SHOULD make it possible for your character to drugs BECAUSE it will make it harder to run from police and possibly more fun. Drugs are bad for you and should be shown as such in the game by how the influence you. But let the character take the drugs, it would be so fucking fun doing lines of coke while running from cops lol, and then going through massive withdrawals lol... like puking for days randomly, inside cars and in public, darkened vision, shaky hands when trying to aim a gun, AWESOME!

it would be so fucking fun doing lines of coke while running from cops lol

cant run and do lines at the same time.......not that I have tried

I agree in full I mean for fucks sake you can do drugs in saints row! Also what about when you drink a soda and throw the empty can on the ground in gta4 or the bottle in saints row THATS LITTERING!! In my opinion thats worse than rape, murder, animal cruelty and incest...........combined

Rockstar will never show the protagonist using drugs. If you notice, in every GTA game, whether they are actually showing the side effects of drugs --

Ryder, in San Andreas, always seen smoking a blunt (Marijuana)... and in one mission you see that he has dug several holes in his back yard, in a state of paranoia, looking for his "water" or something like that. Ryder is clearly abusing the drug, however, there is a part in San Andreas where CJ's wallet gets taken by Toreno and CJ says "I had a dub in there, it better still be there when I get it back" or something like that. So, I think it's safe to say that CJ DOES smoke weed from time to time, but he never does it in game/ in-view like Ryder does. He does it in private, at home, in those 6 hours/minutes after you've saved your game and he sleeps lol.

Billy Grey, from TLATD, was a major heroin addict I think. And this led him to be a drug addict, and an insane leader, who made a lot of really bad decisions and ended up getting killed.

In San Andreas, one of the first missions you go on, you are going through the hood looking for drug dealers so you can kill them. You go to a crack house, and you beat up the drug dealers, and you see 5-10 crackheads and junkies just leaning up against the wall, dying basically.

You will never SEE a GTA protagonist using drugs, I don't think. Nor will you see them smoking anything at all. I can't decide if it's because Rockstar just has a totally anti-drug message, or what. But most of the GTA heroes seem to be pretty smart, and they seem to understand the push-and-shove nature of the criminal underworld, which would probably require a clear mind to navigate safely at all times. The people who use drugs are always secondary characters, at best, if not the villains, at worst.

This just came to mind, so I will say it as well. Although in Vice City, there's a lot going on with the coke trade and everything, the biggest users of coke in the game are Diaz (the egomaniacal kingpin whose actions ultimately get him killed) and at a certain point, it shows Ken Rosenberg doing it and acting like a retard. I don't recall ever seeing Tommy or anyone else doing coke, though.

I've always admired Rockstar for this, because I do happen to know a lot of people who got into drugs, and not a single one of them who kept using drugs is doing well today. I think they realize their fans are not going to go off and start robbing banks, but getting involved with drugs is a different story for people. The average kid growing up today in America is going to know somebody using, and perhaps even selling drugs by the time they're 18. So, if they show CJ from San Andreas snorting a line of coke off the table, and then he has extra accuracy or something in the game as he goes off to cap some ballas, I just don't think Rockstar is gonna go to that level. lol

I would just like to point out ^^^^^ that weed doesnt send you into a frenzy like that, however the "water" or more commonly known as PCP does have this effect. Ryder was a PCP junkie not that I am trying to defend the wonderful herb that is marijuana

Ryder, in San Andreas, always seen smoking a blunt (Marijuana)... and in one mission you see that he has dug several holes in his back yard, in a state of paranoia, looking for his "water" or something like that. Ryder is clearly abusing the drug, however, there is a part in San Andreas where CJ's wallet gets taken by Toreno and CJ says "I had a dub in there, it better still be there when I get it back" or something like that. So, I think it's safe to say that CJ DOES smoke weed from time to time, but he never does it in game/ in-view like Ryder does. He does it in private, at home, in those 6 hours/minutes after you've saved your game and he sleeps lol.

He's smoking sherm, a cigarette (or cigar, in his case) that has either been dipped in embalming fluid or laced with PCP, and 'water' is PCP dissolved in water. It may very well have been a blunt that he used, but they never specify, and marijuana won't make a person do the shit that Ryder did anyway. And a 'dub' is a hundred dollar bill, I don't know where you're getting weed from that.

Oh, well back when I was living in New Jersey, and uhhh... happen to know that people call a gram of weed a "dub" because it costs $20 to purchase. I guess it's dub, as in double, or two... 20... I don't know. A dub is a gram of weed in Southern New Jersey.

And I didn't know that PCP was what he was referring to, but it actually all makes sense now that I am hearing this. I actually did find his behavior a little too bizarre to be caused by just weed, but seeing him smoke that cigar thing all the time, and also with him being quite "hood" like... lol... I just assumed it was a blunt and he was a pothead.

Does PCP give a person withdrawal symptoms so they fiend like that? He was digging lots of holes in his back yard, scrambling for his water. lol

Guest Marney1

The reason I don't do drugs in real life is because I played GTA and saw that they're bad for you.

• Like 2

The reason I don't jack cars, helicopters, kill innocent bystanders, hit-n-run, shoot RPG's is because I can do it in GTA so I don't need to do it in real life.