Sign in to follow this  
Tahkyn

Hidden Package Predictions

In GTA IV, Rockstar gave us pigeons to shoot for our hidden package quest. In the EFLC, it was pigeons.

What do you think they will do in V? Will they keep the bird theme going, or something entirely different?

I think they will keep the bird theme, though I'm 99% certain it wont be pigeons, they're a pest that Liberty City shares with it's real life counterpart. I was predicting seagulls, until I found out that seagulls were used in the DLC episodes. Seagulls do fit the coastal city theme though, so I wouldn't rule them out entirely.

Does California have a bird it identifies with? That could be a possibility.

What do you think?

The dog in the trailer? Yeah, he's a hidden package. You have to find 100 stray dogs, and you can only kill them with a grenade up the ass.

But really, I'm thinking seagulls again.

I'm surprised they used pigeons in IV instead of rats. Rats would've been perfect for TLAD.

Actually, if they ever make a GTA set in Boston, they should use rats then, as a reference to The Departed.

Whatever we have to shoot I just hope there's a better fucking reward at the end. The old era GTAs had the right idea by giving you a weapon spawn at your main safehouse for each 10 you collected. But they changed that in TL&D and TBoGT making that the reward for gang wars/drug wars, so I don't know. :ermm:

I'm hoping they go back to a hidden package as a hidden package. GTA 3 had those cool packages all over the place, Vice City had the tiki's, and San Andreas had a lot of items from graffiti tags to horseshoes.

Hidden packages > flying rats

Most likely Seagulls again , and one can clearly be seen flying around at 0:07.

EDIT: Yeah It would be amazing having graffiti tags again, presuming your character is black/hispanic in a street gang, because frankly graffiti doesn't suit Caucasians in organized crime.

Maybe actual rats, rather then flying rats?

I liked the spray painting in GTA San Andreas.

I didn't because it takes too much time lol. I mean, getting a spraycan, holding a button to spray for a few secconds.. TOO MUCH EFFORT. I'd rather just walk through it or something,. Or shoot it. Shooting works fine.

The annoying thing about the Pigeons/Seagulls was that every time you shot one, you had to lose the police before shooting the next, and so on, same with Gang Tags, unlike the "walk-through" packages.

After play red dead, and thinking the birds will probably feature roughly the same in GTA, I don't think they will be the collectible as they'll just be part of the world flying around and stuff.

More likely they'll have something new to collect, Rockstar knows everyone hated having to shoot and gain wanted level for all the pidgeons.

Also if they want 200 or more collectibles I would prefer if it was broken up like San Andreas, it just feels more rewarding getting 100/100 (even knowing theres another 200 other collectibles) rather than getting 100/300.

Guest Marney1

Maybe we'll be collecting pieces of our own star so it can be set into the pavement of Hollywood Boulervard, somewhere between Cher and James Dean is fine for me.

Maybe we'll be collecting pieces of our own star so it can be set into the pavement of Hollywood Boulervard, somewhere between Cher and James Dean is fine for me.

This is the GTA universe, so it would include people like Madd Dog and CJ on there. That would be a pretty cool easteregg.