I don't like having to many Safe Houses, I killed Dwayne instead of Playboy X just so I didn't have to have another Safe House. I do like the idea of buying and actually being able to choose a Safe House my self though, so maybe we could buy them like in GTA San Andreas but also be able to sell them too.

Hope we don't have to own them all to achieve 100% though like in San Andreas.

Loved the option to buy property. Loved the mini games in Vice City where you could buy property that could eventually start generating revenue for you. I could see V expanding on that and hope they do.

Also, I was very much emmersed into the collection of special vehicles in Vice City and San Andreas. However, IV had absolutely no cars (that alligned with the properties of DP/EP/FP) in the game. I think it would have been different with garages so I would like for Rockstar to bring back the garage aspect along with perks at different safehouses apart from just buying them. For example, you buy a house with a helipad in the back, so then it always spawns a maverick for you.

I'm not fussed about serious customisation. Though maybe just "fix up apartment" in 3 stages to make it into a decent apartment.

Since there seems to be this Property developer vibe going on in the trailer it might be nice to be able to buy and sell property.

As long as its got a sweet garage. On that note, they should allow you to park 4 cars anywhere on your property instead of designated spots. And if you didn't park it there, it doesnt stay there

As long as its got a sweet garage. On that note, they should allow you to park 4 cars anywhere on your property instead of designated spots. And if you didn't park it there, it doesnt stay there

I would like to see some more retention of memory of your car, like your horse in red dead.

But also, for example the house in the trailer, if you buy that house, within that house's boundary i.e on the lawn, on the driveway (maybe even the two kerbside spots) the cars left there should be remembered. I would actually much prefer these sort of realistic touchs (I know it takes hardware power to remember stuff like this in every safehouse) than a slight graphical boost or an extra mission.

On the conversation of saving cars (to derail the topic) I want what we saw in GTA IV to return but better, if you leave your car near a mission it will be there when the mission stars after the cutscene. Sometimes however you had to drive a car in the mission and the car you had been saving is lost. Why can't it be left there, saved there, at least for 3 ingame days or something for you to go collect it later.

I think the guy selling his house in the trailer is just an indication that this game will be set in a world undergoing a financial crisis, in fact not dissimilar to our own world. Note that after this clip is when we see hobos and prostitutes. It's setting the scene, not hinting at gameplay elements.

Which isn't to say there won't be property ownership aspects anyway. I think they are a popular enough feature for R* to include them again.

• Like 4

I am almost certain buying property will be back, it was so popular it would be retarded for R* not to include it. With the incorporation of mobile-phones, maybe you will have to go up to the house, call the number that is displayed and buy it like that rather than just walking into a floating icon.

• Like 1

I am almost certain buying property will be back, it was so popular it would be retarded for R* not to include it. With the incorporation of mobile-phones, maybe you will have to go up to the house, call the number that is displayed and buy it like that rather than just walking into a floating icon.

That's a good idea if the property buying is back, to make it more realistic. R* seems to be shying away from those floating icons in this generation, the only ones in IV were those small golden mission markers.

I would like to see some more retention of memory of your car, like your horse in red dead.

But also, for example the house in the trailer, if you buy that house, within that house's boundary i.e on the lawn, on the driveway (maybe even the two kerbside spots) the cars left there should be remembered. I would actually much prefer these sort of realistic touchs (I know it takes hardware power to remember stuff like this in every safehouse) than a slight graphical boost or an extra mission.

On the conversation of saving cars (to derail the topic) I want what we saw in GTA IV to return but better, if you leave your car near a mission it will be there when the mission stars after the cutscene. Sometimes however you had to drive a car in the mission and the car you had been saving is lost. Why can't it be left there, saved there, at least for 3 ingame days or something for you to go collect it later.

I know right? I go and get my favourite car for a mission, only to find it dissapears after the custscene or I need to abandon it or something... And I agree with one of the posts above, you should be able to park X amount of cars anywhere on your property instead of a designated garage, unless it's an apartment where it would be cool to keep your car in a parking garage with loads of other cars.

Give me off road parking and I will be happy, There is nothing worse than coming home in a taxi and having the driver rear end your new shiny Blista Compact, because your parking space is in the middle of the street.

• Like 1

Give me off road parking and I will be happy, There is nothing worse than coming home in a taxi and having the driver rear end your new shiny Blista Compact, because your parking space is in the middle of the street.

Yeah this happened quite a lot to me, sometimes to the extent of my car being smashed completely out of the area. I noticed this particularly in the East Algonquin Safehouse.

i NEVER drove cars from my safehouses to missions because i didnt want to loose them... it's been common knowledge since GTA3... chances are, you're going to drive someone elses car... the only time i ever bring my own ride is if i had already played that mission and knew i could use my own ride...

i don't think that will change, however, i do like the dea of being able to park your car anywhere on the property... but i see some issues with that... what if you parked your car in the pool? will it forever stay in the pool, nulling one slot for vehicle storage? crash land upside down on your property and that car stays like that?? get it stuck trying to park it on the roof with a nicely placed staircase that looked like a ramp?? yea, that could cause some problems...

i NEVER drove cars from my safehouses to missions because i didnt want to loose them... it's been common knowledge since GTA3... chances are, you're going to drive someone elses car... the only time i ever bring my own ride is if i had already played that mission and knew i could use my own ride...

So true. I'd only use my saved cars if I knew the mission was safe enough to bring it along too. Or I'd just use them for my freeroam sessions.

i NEVER drove cars from my safehouses to missions because i didnt want to loose them...

So true, back in the days of San Andreas I pimped my sixty-fo' impala to a beast, but never drove it because I knew some crazy lunatic Balla would destroy it. However in GTA IV, I did drive my cars frankly because there is such a little variety and it's easy to get the same car... But only on dates and stuff, on missions I just take a cab or jack someone's car.

I'd like some more open-planned safehouses that don't feel so crammed. Maybe with nice plate windows so I can sit in my safehouse watching the world go by outside. But I don't think we'll get anything like that until Vice City (which is the city that's going to be in GTA VI, I work for Rockstar y'know.)

I'd like some more open-planned safehouses that don't feel so crammed. Maybe with nice plate windows so I can sit in my safehouse watching the world go by outside. But I don't think we'll get anything like that until Vice City (which is the city that's going to be in GTA VI, I work for Rockstar y'know.)

Why not? It should be if you buy a house near vinewood on the mountain, or by Santa Maria (I think that's Santa Monica of SA) Beach.

That garage in San Fierro really used to annoy me, the one where you'd put custom cars in the garage and they'd lose there paint job and come out white, or if you were really unfortunate the car would disappear all together.

I don't think the idea of being restricted to the size of a garage is a good idea, maybe in some safehouses but not all. As I mentioned before, I would like to see the ability to park almost anywhere on your property, within reason of course.

The safe house depends on the protagonist, depending on what type of character he (or she in a GTA first) is depends on what type of safe house I would like, if he's a down and out bum, then I'll take one of those tents under the bridge, if he's the old guy looking over the city, then I'll take the house where people are seen exercising.

I don't think the two Algonquin safe houses suited Niko, they were to posh for him, he stated all the way through the game that he didn't like the "high life" and he was always saying he just wants to "get by", I'd say those houses where a little more than "getting by"

so In my game I always killed dwayne (so I didn't have to have Playboy's house), and I treated the other house as Roman's house (as he bought it).

the house you get off Mallorie and the one you get off Ray are more suited to Niko in my opinion.

so it all depends on who the protagonist is.

After getting that Infernus in IV it was parked for ages, then one time loaded and it was gone, gone for good. Id actually not mind a Saints/Mafia 2 style garage of a big list, not realistic but hey id rather store a larger number.