Rayge

What type of Character Customization do you want in V?

I think online customization needs a real overhaul... Choosing from a basic preset of outfits just doesn't cut it. Saints Row 3 character creation was pretty much what I want to expect for GTA V online/multiplayer. How hard can it be to add something like this? not hard, just time consuming, and they've had nothing but time to work on this. Hell, it's probably not even 'North' working on the multiplayer section, so whatever studio has this task has even more time to work something like this in!

Being able to make your own character which doesnt resemble everyone else online is what will make or break the next GTA 'Online experience' in my opinion.

/rant over, it had to be said though. :P

Exactly! I seriously think Rockstar is putting much more into the game though. Just look at how long it's taking them to release any info. If this were GTA IV we would have had our 2nd or 3rd trailer by now. I actually prefer that it's the way it is. It shows they are putting a lot of work into it and want the very best and it is making me think they are working a lot on customization. Building the city and map, cars, and peds don't take very long, considering that they know what they are doing on hardware now (that's why IV was delayed). So it makes me think that they have put a lot more into designing custom content.

Just like Saints Row. Maybe you can even carry over outfits from singleplayer onto multiplayer.

I thought the customization in GTA San Andreas was class!

If the gave Saints Row style of customization it would be shit tbh, but plenty of clothes to wear and accessories. Haircuts, tattoos, ultimate car customization like Pimp My Ride, and your weight, sex appeal and shit like that.

If the gave Saints Row style of customization it would be shit tbh, but plenty of clothes to wear and accessories. Haircuts, tattoos, ultimate car customization like Pimp My Ride, and your weight, sex appeal and shit like that.

San Andreas and Saints Row customization is practically the same, the only difference is that you can't change the character's face and body proportions in San Andreas.

I don't think you should be able to do that to the main character btw, I was only talking about multiplayer. I like how Rockstar make the GTA protagonist iconic and memorable. I like playing as a defined character, not something I quickly chucked together. But multiplayer is a different matter. You are playing as an avatar, you should be able to customize that avatar in as much detail as you possibly can, in my opinion.

Crews - We know that GTA V will have some multiplayer crew functionality. So crew logos will probably play some role in clothing, like Max Payne 3. I hope we could at the very least customize specific colours of threads if we only get a small selection to chose from. I also think that if the customization is limited, the most important thing that needs to be present is a face proportion editor, I hated choosing from only 10 preset faces in IV multiplayer, it was so unrewarding grinding to level 10, that I wasn't even interested in getting there.

• Like 2

How about firearms customized to your crew? Guns with bling, guns with urban or forest camouflage, black guns, white guns, asian guns (teehee), and should you be in a hippie clique, tie dye guns.

Or is that just way too over the top?

• Like 1

How about firearms customized to your crew? Guns with bling, guns with urban or forest camouflage, black guns, white guns, asian guns (teehee), and should you be in a hippie clique, tie dye guns.

And guns with your crew emblem on it, or even with your crews name engraved to it.

I'd like hair and tattoos, but I'd settle for just getting short-sleeved clothing back. Which, considering the setting, it would have to be.

dont judge niko because he is addicted to heroin.

San Andreas and Saints Row customization is practically the same, the only difference is that you can't change the character's face and body proportions in San Andreas.

I don't think you should be able to do that to the main character btw, I was only talking about multiplayer. I like how Rockstar make the GTA protagonist iconic and memorable. I like playing as a defined character, not something I quickly chucked together. But multiplayer is a different matter. You are playing as an avatar, you should be able to customize that avatar in as much detail as you possibly can, in my opinion.

Crews - We know that GTA V will have some multiplayer crew functionality. So crew logos will probably play some role in clothing, like Max Payne 3. I hope we could at the very least customize specific colours of threads if we only get a small selection to chose from. I also think that if the customization is limited, the most important thing that needs to be present is a face proportion editor, I hated choosing from only 10 preset faces in IV multiplayer, it was so unrewarding grinding to level 10, that I wasn't even interested in getting there.

Yeah, I see what you mean there. I should've mentioned how I didn't want to complete character to change lol.

And, yes. IV had a very poor selection of avatars in multiplayer. I spent ages working my way up the ranks (to level 2, that is) and saw a video on YouTube about the avatars, and just said fuck that.

Like you said, the main character needs to memorable e:g Claude and Tommy Vercetti were very memorable in my opinion

Haha. I don't know about those type of guns, but maybe camos and attachments would work...

I'm mostly hopeing for good character customization (or even better; creation) in multiplayer. I was really disapointed with GTAIV's cuztomization in multiplayer. Having a level of character creation like saints row did for multiplayer would be awsome. Although, I'd still be satisfied with something like MP3 has. Even a character selection system like RDR has would be a great improvement over GTAIV's.

But in single player I'm hopeing for a good choice of clothing, and possibly tattoos/peircings/hair/beards. It really depends on who the protagonist is. If it's the older head from the trailer I really can't see having the ability to change anything other than clothing.

But in single player I'm hopeing for a good choice of clothing, and possibly tattoos/peircings/hair/beards. It really depends on who the protagonist is. If it's the older head from the trailer I really can't see having the ability to change anything other than clothing.

Why? Bald head, nose piercing and a tribal tattoo from head to lower back... He had a mid-life-crisis and decided to go biker...

having a large option of clothes would be awesome, maybe alot of diefferent stores would be nice, and having the option to customize things about the clothing like color, wich i thing Tony Hawk American Wasteland did pretty good with the color options. but you guys have to consider who the charactor is. if hes black ( not being racist) he isnt gonna be wearing khaki shorts obove his knees and a pink visor that sias Las Venturas on it. Its hard to ask for clothing depending on the " tastes' of the charactor your playing as. as for hair and facial hair, it would be nice to see those come back in a big way, and maybe we should think about accessoris like watches, hats, shoes, glasses, and maybe even colonges. I think normal clothes should be back, all of nikos clothes were long sleeved, and i thought that was dumb. but modern looks should be added for more realistic ness. and depending on missons or terain you should have different options to " ocomodate" them. Sorry for my spelling, but just think about these things!

if hes black ( not being racist) he isnt gonna be wearing khaki shorts obove his knees and a pink visor that sias Las Venturas on it.

Yes, because laws dictate black people can't wear khaki shorts and visors. It's illegal.

I was thinking the character customization in GTA IV wasent that good. I thought what if when you customize your charater you could buy suits or full special outfits or you could go through and change everything personally. I really like both of these in SAINTS ROW THE THIRD.

Mabey for outfits-

POLICE

FIREMAN

DOCTOR

PARAMEDIC

CONSTRUCTION WORKER

LIMO DRIVER

MEN IN BLACK

FBI

ARMY UNIFORM

GHILLE SUIT

HOMELESS CLOTHES

MIDDLE CLASS

RICH GUY CLOTHES

RAPPER OUTFIT

GANSTA OUTFIT

GHOST BUSTERS

OFFICE SUIT

HIT MAN SUIT

MAID OUTFIT

FAST FOOD OUTFIT

JAIL OUTFIT

PRISION OUTFIT

JANITOR

DRUG DEALER

ARTIST OUTFIT

MAFIA OUTFIT

GOTH OUTFIT

PUNK OUTFIT

RED NECK OUTFIT

PEDO BEAR SUIT !!!!!!

PAJAMAS

SURVIVAL GEAR/ OUTFIT

TRACK SUIT

For regular clothes customization-

Hats-

BEANIE

SKI MASK

FIRE CAP

POLICE CAP

NURSE MASK

BASEBALL CAP

TURBINE

KEEPA/ YAMICA

AFRO WHIG

ZEBRA CAP

Top body-

MEN IN BLACK SUIT

HOT TOPIC

VANS

SKATE STUFF

LEVIS

T SHIRTS

TANK TOPS

LONG SLEEVE

BUTTON DOWN

COLLAGE PREPPY

BAGGY

MUSCLE SHIRT

UNDER ARMOR

lower half-

SHORTS

LEVIS

HOT TOPIC

SKINNY JEANS

BAGGY JEANS

DRESS PANTS

HOBO SHORTS

TRACK SUIT

SWIM TRUNKS

SPEEDO

BIKE SHORTS

shoes-

NIKE

VANS

SCETCHERS

SANDALS

GOTH BOOTS

COMBAT BOOTS

CLOWN SHOES

HIKING BOOTS

FLIP FLOPS

TRACK SHOES

I know this may all ready be a topic but this is different and more in defpt. I know it is long and i missed alot of outfits, shoes, ECT. Oh SORRY for SPELLING ERRORS.

Outfits are a bad idea. maybe a few good ones like the cop or somthing, but I think people should be able to buy clothes THEY esnt,and mix them together how ever they want too. out fits should be used for missions, and maybe specail properties. And if u use it im a mission you should be able to keep it.

I would like tatoos, accesories (piercings, rings, ear-rings, watches, hats, peaked caps, mobiles...and so on), clothes in general, shoes, trainers, boots, glasses, sunglasses. Suits about jobs would be great too (plumber, police-man, electrician....well you know)...

Perhaps, we should eat healthy food in the game to keep on fit although there is people who prefer eat fast food...anyway If body customization is an option in the game it will be awesome whatever option you choose (fat or thin or strong...)

• Like 1

Like you said, the main character needs to memorable e:g Claude and Tommy Vercetti were very memorable in my opinion

Memorable as in not black? I mean for fuck sake claude didn't even talk. And alot of people like Tommy and Vice City best because he's more relateable to them ( he's White ), same with the music ( Old School 80's White Music ). Most won't admit it but it's true. San Andreas was better in every way to GTA lll and Vice City. So it makes me a little suspicious as to why people prefer the other 2 more.

I don't care if you don't like black people's character or the way they act or whatever, but at least please someone have the balls to say it. I know this is why alot of people prefer Vice City to San Andreas. Because they can't relate to the story or characters and as a result find it less enjoyable and are less drawn into the world, and are more self-aware when playing the game. Can I ask anyone here, honestly what's their problem with Black People, do you think you're better than them or maybe it's just you can't relate to them, I'm White and I can relate to them just fine. I just want to understand your point of view, because I don't get it.

And I know this is the 2nd time I have brought this subject up, but I would just like someone to clarify what their problems are with San Andreas.

Yes it's O.K to like the other games and their character's but claude, I mean come on he's mute, he's hardly a memorable character and to say he is more memorable than CJ is crazy.

PS. Just my crazy opinion as to what I think you're implying with your statement.

PPS. I don't know myself whether I'm trolling or not.

Because CJ is a gimp bitch who's everybodys errand boy. He doesnt understand shit, ever. Tommy was just a plain and simple badass. He did whatever the fuck he wanted and gave the finger to anyone who said different. CJ on the otherhand is confused about whats going on 85% of the time. How he ended up like a boss at the end of SA was even a mystery to him. Tommy knew exactly why he was the boss, because he made it that way.

To me, weight and muscle means I have to stop and eat a burger to keep from wasting away and dying. As hilarious as it was to be a fat guy in heart boxers killing people with a chainsaw in San Andreas, I don't need fat/muscle back, just make the protagonist reasonably athletic.

Yeah quite really. I also don't want fat/muscle back. Reasonably athletic protagonist is enough, I think.

And whatever other clothing options are available will be fine...