Rayge

What type of Character Customization do you want in V?

I think I speak for everyone here - Niko had an extremely low choice in customization. All there was was three stores of dull clothing.

I would like to see the customization of San Andreas back, but more detailed.

Clothing:

Many different varieties of clothing, such as 80s, 90s, gangster, classy, poor, rich, average, gym, swim etc... Obviously not a store for each, but definitely more than in IV, maybe with customizable colors?

Weight:

I would like to see this return, and be able to be fat and slow and unable to jump if you eat too much, maybe with some extra clothing options once you reach a certain level of obesity.

Muscle:

Ability to work out hard and achieve results, but not as easily as in San Andreas where you literally had to press some buttons repeatedly to get fully ripped. And muscle to power ratio.

Tattoos:

More customizable than in San Andreas, like choosing "arm" for example and moving it exactly to where you want it on the arm, with multiple tattoos allowed on each body part, along with different colored inks available.

Hair:

Different hairstyles, and color options for each individual hairstyle. I would also love to see customizable beards. Maybe some form of hair growth, at least in facial hair, but not too much as to turn the game into the Sims.

That's just a short list of customization that I'm looking for, IDK about you guys. This is not about vehicle customization, so don't bring that up and say I missed it.

What else is there? Can you add upon anything?

• Like 10

To me, weight and muscle means I have to stop and eat a burger to keep from wasting away and dying. As hilarious as it was to be a fat guy in heart boxers killing people with a chainsaw in San Andreas, I don't need fat/muscle back, just make the protagonist reasonably athletic.

• Like 1

I quite like the weight/muscle thing. I'd rather they kept it simple but if they don't, I hope there's a cheat for max muscle... arsed going to the gym all the time.

EDIT: ^actually, yeah, you're right. I don't want to have to stop for something to eat all the time.

Need more clothing too. Hair and tats are cool but not a necessity.

To me, weight and muscle means I have to stop and eat a burger to keep from wasting away and dying

True, maybe weight could be altered so that it's not necessary, just there if you want it. But I would like to see muscle return, I felt like a real G walking around with massive muscles beating up random peds.

On the topic of eating, Could they make drive thru's?

Yeah that would be a good idea, speeding down the highway, cops on your tail and suddenly turning in to the drive thru.

• Like 1

Hair, Clothes and Accessories. I don't care much for keeping my character fit and healthy. That stuff is just annoying and distracts from the real fun...

I would however like to see some decent amount of clothing to chose from. I think online should be the same, so you can actually feel a bit more unique whilst playing online.

• Like 1

i think tattos would be pretty cool again, of course we all want more clothes to pick from, i dont really care about hair styles or anything like that but wouldnt matter if they did add that in, i think the muscle/fat factor should play a role but really how can you get fat when your always runnin from the cops ;)

• Like 1

I don't care much for keeping my character fit and healthy. That stuff is just annoying and distracts from the real fun...

Maybe so, so maybe it could be incorporated as only aesthetics?

Same as San Andreas. Every game since San Andreas has been taking steps back instead of going forward, FUCK THAT. That is why IV is BORING after you beat the story

I think they should bring back the exact same customizations from San Andreas but with more modern up to date clothing and they should have different stores such as:

CLOTHING

Sportswear store - 1 store

Maybe commercial River Island/Topman/Next style stores - Possibly 3 stores

A designer clothes store where you are able to completely customize clothing as they will be high priced - 2 stores

TATOO

I think you should be able to chose exactly where you want tatoos on your body by using the analog stick to place them where you want them, like in guitar hero.

I think there should be 3 tatoo stores:

*A low quality backstreet tatoo shop for more bad quality rough/gangster looking tatoo's

*An average good quality tatoo shop with reasonable prices and more variety

*A very high quality tatoo shop where you can completely customize your tatoos from scratch including colour. Also has an extremely wide variety. Expensive prices.

HAIR

I think there should be 3 hairdressers:

*A low quality hairdressers with average quality cuts and variety

*A more commercial better quality hairdressers with good quality cuts and variety for middle class prices

*A high class designer hairdressers where you have to ring up for an appointment with high class customizable cuts with good variety. Expensive prices.

BRING ON GTA 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :v

• Like 3

[Off topic rant]

GTA5 will be the game we all wanted GTA4 to be. Not only do I just know it in my heart, but from a logical perspective, now that the hard work in game development is done -- they have the ability to spread their wings and fly with this title, reminiscent of what VC and SA were like compared to GTA3. Mark my words, this game will be what we've all been waiting seven years for, basically.

Thank you so much for saying that. I respect that there are a lot of people who argue against customization of this and that but I think there should be more people fighting for what to me is the core of GTA, the absolute fucking bat shit crazy lunacy and ridiculousness of it all. I think anything ridiculous should be thrown into this game. Crazy hair styles for player characters that completely don't fit the hair style, you should be able to get so obese you dont even fit into certain cars, or you need to call a medical truck to haul you to places. Same goes for being so skinny that you need a walking stick to support your frail body.

Tattoos of all colors of course, and anywhere. Even on your fucking forehead, who cares! MAKE IT POSSIBLE! Anyone who doesnt want to take part in the lunacy can opt out of it, but leaving it out completely leaves the rest of us out of having fun.

BTW, the chick crossing the road when the guy is dropping the top of the car in the trailer has a color tattoo on her upper arm, check it out...

You should be able to get piercings that look stupid and ridiculous, like those rings people put in their ears that make the lobes super big, like elephant ears. You should be able to get your mouth pierced, and then when you talk everything comes out slurred. you should be able to get different implants and turn into a tranny if you wanted to. FUCK IT! ITS GTA! We do it live! (inside joke for bill o'reilly fans lol)

• Like 1

the only thing getting hungry in SA did for me was make me think after 4 in game days sitting in the woods that I had found the bigfoot in all reality it was C.J's stomach growling making the noise........Talk about a let down

That's strange, I had posted something earlier and it looked like it got removed somehow? But, liquidhalogen quoted it, so it's still there in that light.

Half your first post had nothing to do with character customization and the second post (which you just repeated) had nothing to do with it. Both of your previous rants were moved here.

I want to customize my character to be just like TreeFitty! :french:

Character Customization: I think they ought to give people more flexibility in choosing clothing. They should have clothes of various different fits, so you choose the style of clothes that you want first, then you can choose its' color and a logo IF you want one, where it's located, so on and so forth. After you finish designing the clothes and buy them, they are then delivered to your safehouses' wardrobes so you can change into them later on.

I think there should be similar freedom in choosing tattoos for your character. Maybe have the option of designing your own tattoos? At the least, give a lot of different options, and give the option for other colors as well.

Car customization should go back at least to what it was in San Andreas, but it should be even more in depth than that. Plus, I think car garages, and maybe even a showroom, should be included to give you a good reason to customize and keep cars, for trophies or otherwise. Have garages attached to some safehouses as well. Keep the street parking, but only for lower end safehouses. You should also be able to customize your safehouses, to a certain extent as well, or maybe upgrade them with gunracks.

I hope there are lots more ways to customize than there were in GTA4. Having just three different pairs of pants, in three different colors, in one of three different clothing stores in the city... is just kind of sad. Customization would make each game more unique to the player, though.

Sorry to the Moderator for my two previous "ranting" posts. I didn't realize it was so strict here. I am very excited about the new game, and I am an AVID GTA fan. The night before the trailer felt like Christmas Eve to me.... lol. But anyway, this post should be on topic... I hope. I don't know how to be any more on-topic than this! :mods:

We're excited too, but yes we try to keep order around these parts. We don't want to look like those huge GTA forums with 1000 n00bs screaming things all over the place. -_-

Also, they couldn't make character customization epic enough to create me. :P

• Like 2

icon11.gif

I noE it isn't the sims but i like customizing. Im hoping to the point where i can make the dude resemble myself a little bit. Just my personal style at least. I think SA had a good level of customization. any more than that i dont care about.

For me, Character customisation all depends on the protagonist. I like to keep it generally believable, in terms of what the protagonist's character is, if he's a well-to-do business man, or a street hood, will keep that theme, changing his clothes but keeping the general look.

I always think "what would my character want to to wear?"

I can't imagine that C.J would realistically walk down Grove St with a pink afro and joke glasses, and expect to get to the end of the street without being shot dead by his own homies. San Andreas took the customising to a level where it didn't even look like C.J any more, where as in GTA 4, it didn't matter what you dressed Niko in, he still looked like Niko.

I'm hoping GTA V will find a balance between the two, giving more options than GTA 4, but still keeping it relative to the character.

• Like 3