Sheep

What's your connection speed?

2065737686.png

You're shitting me right? No wonder I can't watch a movie on LoveFilm.

Talktalk sucks dick. Literally anything is better than them.

XD, I'm on Talk Talk and get about 10 - 12mb, which is about the max for my area's shitty exchange anyway. I would honestly say BT is the worst ISP I've ever had, with Sky coming in at a close second. Talk Talk isn't all that bad, you need to make a phonecall if your speeds are that low, Marn.

2066508404.png

I pay for 30mb, so it's chill.

EDIT:

Friends connection at work in Norway, come at me bro:

1534075247.png

DOUBLE EDIT:

shit nigga Massacre, I didn't know you were in Miami, we could have partied out with our cocks out, maybe even kill a hooker or something.

• Like 1

Guest Marney-1

Damn Marney, I thought my rusty copper connection was bad...

2068503676.png

I'd kill to have 5.22 Mb/s.

2066508404.png

I pay for 30mb, so it's chill.

EDIT:

Friends connection at work in Norway, come at me bro:

1534075247.png

DOUBLE EDIT:

shit nigga Massacre, I didn't know you were in Miami, we could have partied out with our cocks out, maybe even kill a hooker or something.

Ha! My work connection is slower than my home connection and I work for Satan. You think he'd hook us up.

Christ. I knew you guys had some serious infrastructure problems in the UK, but after digging it a bit further in Uni today I honestly have to ask what kind of butchering engineering you people have over there?

Christ. I knew you guys had some serious infrastructure problems in the UK, but after digging it a bit further in Uni today I honestly have to ask what kind of butchering engineering you people have over there?

The majority of internet users don't pay for or need high speed internet. As such it just isn't a priority here to have high speed internet at affordable prices, or ensure you get the speed you pay for constantly.

The majority of internet users don't pay for or need high speed internet. As such it just isn't a priority here to have high speed internet at affordable prices, or ensure you get the speed you pay for constantly.

That makes no sense lol. I pay for 30mb, get 30mb, and that's basic service here.

That makes no sense lol. I pay for 30mb, get 30mb, and that's basic service here.

Basic service here for years after broadbands inception was still Dial up and ADSL connections (notoriously shitty here).

That and we only have 3 major ISP's (to my mind at the moment) that reliably deliver internet. Virgin, BE and BT.

Sky are pretty hit and miss. TalkTalk as you saw are complete shite.

I don't even want to think about what rural internet penetration is like but it sure as shit is not a priority for ISP's.

Guest Marney-1

I don't think any ISP's guarantee a minimum or maximum speed here, TalkTalk just say "Fast and reliable broadband, we'll give you the fastest speeds your line can handle." - Strange that my line could 'handle' around 4 Mb/s before I switched to you bastards who are now giving me 0.30 Mb/s.

The missus called them the other day to ask them to look into the problem, mentioning to the Indian helper who couldn't speak English that we couldn't even watch a YouTube video or movie on the PS3. Punjab Dave's reply was to "Call Sony about that."

I don't think any ISP's guarantee a minimum or maximum speed here, TalkTalk just say "Fast and reliable broadband, we'll give you the fastest speeds your line can handle." - Strange that my line could 'handle' around 4 Mb/s before I switched to you bastards who are now giving me 0.30 Mb/s.

The missus called them the other day to ask them to look into the problem, mentioning to the Indian helper who couldn't speak English that we couldn't even watch a YouTube video or movie on the PS3. Punjab Dave's reply was to "Call Sony about that."

Don't let them give you the run around. Move to Virgin or BE. TalkTalk talk as much shit as they can to keep you subscribed to them until you finally realize they aren't going to do anything about it.

Guest Marney-1

2071702814.png

Alright, can you all stop posting your speed test results now? I'm feeling shitty as it is.

Dealing with Rogers customer service has shortened my lifespan. And I'm getting bent over a barrel every month as far as prices go. But my only other option is Bell Aliant, which would be slower, and I live in too rural an area so fibreop is not an option.

I think our major problem in the UK is that we all started on copper wire, literally. And over time we've been getting slow replacements with fiber optics across the country. The only reason i can think of for them to take so long about it though, is purely profit. Internet and phone providers wont make the big move unless another company is willing to do it first, just to maximize profit.

Then you have developing countries across Europe which are being built up, and top of the range lines are being put in place whilst not replacing post-world war 2 phone lines at the same time.

That'd be my guess anyway...