Sign in to follow this  
Skribble

The price of getting a game early

Just watched this ebay listing sell...

Early copy of Modern Warfare 3.

Maybe just an advertising ploy, who knows, maybe some idiot thinks it's worth that price.

unled3e.jpg

Probably some 10 year old who can't think of anything else other than that game. How hard is it nowadays to walk 6 blocks to the local gamestore, drop 62.99 and pick up the exact same game? (62.99 is what I pay with all tax included for my new games)

A lot of people I know have had e-mails already saying their game has been dispatched. Infinity ward actually issued a statement saying that even if you get your copy legitimately then playing it before release WILL have consequences...

The question is; would you, would any of us pay that much to get GTA V a few days early? As great as the game will be my answer would be no.

The question is; would you, would any of us pay that much to get GTA V a few days early? As great as the game will be my answer would be no.

Maybe... If the game was one of a kind, and it was actually early/pre-release....

I'd pay $ 100 to get GTA 5 a week early, but I would be yanking my xbox's wifi adapter out, turning off my home internet, severing the cable line, lock the doors and disconnect the phone. Just to be safe.

Might even wrap my head in tin foil

• Like 1

You're a sad man to do that. If someone offered me Skyrim a week early, I'd not pay £500. (I was going to say £100, but then I'm paying £130 for the collectors edition, so lol).

Jesus what a idiot. I wouldn't pay to get the game a day raly, just buy it on play.com and magically u will get it early. Works with cds 2

You're a sad man to do that. If someone offered me Skyrim a week early, I'd not pay £500. (I was going to say £100, but then I'm paying £130 for the collectors edition, so lol).

Its GTA V dude. I'd pay 300 bucks if thats what it costs

well, it wasnt GTA V but i had the chance get Uncharted 3 like 4 days early for $78 and i decided to wait.

Agreed with the play.com thing. I've done it a few times (bought online) and had it arrive earlier than the street date. And getting that package when you get home... win.

I'll pre-order GTAV if a special edition pack is available

otherwise I'll pick it up from a store, probably HMV, doing

my bit to keep them nice chap's in business.

I remember picking up GTAIV and racing home at 90mph,

nearly put myself through a phone box.

• Like 2