In the second pic, far left in the distance is the same bridge.

Reason I came in here, these are almost next to each other in Boyle Heights:

laccoroner.jpg

LA County Coroner, Boyle Heights

1143nmissionrd.jpg

1141-1145 North Mission Road, Boyle Heights

• Like 1

I don't know what you are trying to say, but those bridges don't look the same.

The one between the plane and the train does look like the one on the upper screen tho.

The one between the plane and the train does look like the one on the upper screen tho.

Yes, I didn't see that one.

• Like 1

Reason I came in here, these are almost next to each other in Boyle Heights:

njxoL.jpg

In the screen, the Coroner's office appears to be directly on the street, not off of N. Mission. Where did that L-shaped building go (and what is it)? Appears that they took some artistic liberties. :P Fitty, where did you get the screen of 1145 N. Mission?

EDIT: Unless it only appears to be on the street. Maybe the shot is laid out like this:

FgnHl.jpg

The Mission Road building is in the bottom corner of the sunset pic. Remember that they aren't creating a replica of LA so the coroner may be placed on the street in LS and the L building may not be there at all either.

Ah. I wonder where the Coroner's office is in relation to that pic's perspective?

(Wrongly) I have it in my head, from all the real-life comparisons you and others have posted, that we'll be seeing much more of LA's real-life landmarks in V than of NY's in IV.

Any chance the North Mission Rd. building is the same Michaels' standing next to in the latest round of screens when he's leaning on the car hood? Don't know LA, so I don't know if it's by a bridge. I mean, I guess a red brick building is a red brick building, after all.

31IVzbm.jpg

You can see the bridge from the top picture in the bottom one also.. far left and down right above the train. (may not be same bridge)

Nvm. it has already been said.

Any chance the North Mission Rd. building is the same Michaels' standing next to in the latest round of screens when he's leaning on the car hood? Don't know LA, so I don't know if it's by a bridge. I mean, I guess a red brick building is a red brick building, after all.

No, in the Maps screen of real-life LA I posted above, that building isn't near a bridge. But, like Fitty said, since LS isn't a replica of LA, the two buildings could very well be the same.

Nope those are two different buildings:

1143nmissionrd.jpg

1141-1145 North Mission Road

635mateost.jpg

635 Mateo Street

I found the Mission Road one while looking at the Coroner's office so that was pretty easy. I had already stared at the screens for a bit prior to searching around Google Maps so when I saw it, it looked a little familiar and further investigation confirmed it. The Mateo Street one took a little longer to find since I had to search a lot of buildings around the ends of a few bridges near downtown. It's only a block away from the 6th Ave Bridge in real life.

6thstreetbridge.jpg

I'm referring to how you can identify the real-world counterparts to a building in a screenshot. How are you so knowledgeable about LA's geography? I imagine cruising up and down the streets of Google Street View in search of a building that resembles the one in the screen would be highly inefficient, no?

So what's your secret?

GTAV Box art - Police chase

Hollywood Boulevard , Between Roosevelt Hotel and First national Bank, we can see "Grauman's Chinese theatre" and "Hollywood Pacific theatre".

grauma10.jpg ....................................................... warner10.jpg

click to enlarge

• Like 3

the chinese theatre on the first trailer screenshot was lxr's assumption (member of gtaforums.com) few month ago, the box art is just a confirmation

• Like 1