There are oil rigs out in the ocean near LA plus there is a little thing on the left horizon far in the distance of the submarine pic that could potentially be one:

Wow, Fitty...Just wow.

Not wanting to blow out the "just Los Santos and some surroundings" theory, but how would R* make it so that we can't access the other 2 cities in San Andreas? I mean.. they know we know they're there, so how could they possibly just blow it off the map?

Or.. could these other 2 cities be DLC's?

I'm thinking that if IF IF there are other cities, they'd be DLC.

Also, bear in mind that this is a whole new fictional universe for this era, so they really don't even have to be there at all.

I think theyd be dlc too, and i wouldnt be too upset about it, depending on the quality of the map that comes with the game...

I mean, if the game map is the size of rdr, and they add dlc with two large cities each 3/4 s the size of rdr, id have no problem plucking down 1600 mspoints for them.

I doubt they will add cities as DLC, as they would much rather use them in a separate game. I would guess they will release extra missions and characters, like in EoLC.

Neat info from IGN:

The short flight provides a brief glimpse of the scale of the game: Rockstar has already gone on record and said Grand Theft Auto V will be around five times bigger than its predecessor, and what’s visible from the chopper is about three-and-a-half times bigger than the sprawling deserts of Red Dead Redemption.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/12/grand-theft-auto-5-reinventing-the-open-world-rulebook

But what makes you think there will be an Oil Rig?

There are oil rigs out in the ocean near LA plus there is a little thing on the left horizon far in the distance of the submarine pic that could potentially be one:

post-3-0-27157400-1360868876.png

You have an unbelievable eye there my friend. I took one look at that picture, saw the Sub and thought nothing more of it. You seem to be a very meticulous person.

I hope your right, the more interesting things Rockstar puts in the game the better. :D

• Like 1

But what makes you think there will be an Oil Rig?

post-3-0-27157400-1360868876.png

I dont think thats an oil rig.

But if it is an oil rig, deathmatch or T-Deathmatch would be nice there

Remember the quality of the zoom is low, it could be etherything: cargo ship, passenger jet, a bug, or an island with palm trees on it.

If it is an oil rig, it would great to hole up there with two or three others in a Free Mode and yell into the mic, "COME GET US, FUCKERS!"

*please let it be an oil rig, please let it be an oil rig*

• Like 2

If it is an oil rig, it would great to hole up there with two or three others in a Free Mode and yell into the mic, "COME GET US, FUCKERS!"

*please let it be an oil rig, please let it be an oil rig*

and then you would see me in a big ass cargo plane flying directly at you and you would think to yourself...

tumblr_m6igg017ZS1r3yvai.jpg

• Like 1

Have the map giant like have Woodlands and Desert and city. Also Millitary Base and golf corse in it!!!!

Found this one:

santamonicaplaza.jpg

Santa Monica Plaza, 11031-11061 Santa Monica Blvd

I know the two large buildings in the background of that scene (each side of the road) but so far I haven't been able to find the others after cracking ^that one^:

post-3-0-50839500-1363772406_thumb.png

• Like 2

would you like me to help you find them fitty? or do you have all the help you need?

Oh, I hadn't thought of a passenger jet.

Probably because those don't usually fly on water.

Didnt thought about that.

Oh wait its maybe 1000 miles away, IT JUST LOOKS LIKE THAT.

P.S.

It could be trevor flying around.

R* said we can see them living...

MichaelsHouse.jpg

The building behind Michael's mansion is based on Luckman Plaza (also known as 9200 Sunset), not on the Sunset Medical center

Before 2006, these two buildings had nearly the same skin and colors reflexions (blue and brown). RockstarGames shows it at one step of its renovation (~ 2006-2009) : it is why this building has its old skin and we can see a crane near

9200su10.jpg

• Like 2

Map is confirmed to be 5x bigger than IV.

1341858117_You-Dont-Say-Meme-Rage-Face-Nicolas.png

that made me choke!!

Is that Nicholas Cage by any chance?

Plus seeing as i should keep on topic, i have to tip my hat to you fellows, amazing work on trying to figure out the map and its size etc.

I wouldn't know where to start so i just sit and read this thread......as you can see i have nothing new to add.

nice one lads.