No I don't think it does because if you watch IGN's Game Scoop they said just the map's geographical scale is bigger the all three, not including the ocean floor or the endless hiking.

Agreed, and if they did include the sea floor then that means they would have to be including SA, RDR and GTA4s sea floor and that would just be insane.

My prediction is that no matter how good these analysis are all of our guess will be wrong. the map will look nothing like we think it does.

You couldn't dive under the water in RDR and IV. You couldn't even swim in RDR.

Then how do we know R* didn't spend months mapping a photorealistic seafloor in those games huh, how do we know?

That's why GTA V has been delayed, R* are mapping the moon's surface; they just won't give use any means of transport to get there.

:D

• Like 3

RDR is the same size as GTA IV? That doesn't sound right.

*googles it*

. . .

gta-v-concept-map.png

Niggah please.

That's probably not %100 accurate but I think it's obvious RDR's map is not the same size as GTAIV's LC, and it's definitly not smaller.

EDIT: After more research it seems like no one has a clue on how big RDR's map is. I've seen alot of numbers, some stupid, others reasonable, but there is no one answer apparently.

Has R* released any statements on RDR's map size in the past? *cough*$3.50*cough*

That comparison map above isn't accurate.

Red Dead Redemption has been measured with CAD software:

n1kY0Rd.png

The reachable area is under 6 square miles.

That method was also used on San Andreas and IV and the results are accurate compared to the in-game stats.

http://i.imgur.com/2RW4N.png

http://i.imgur.com/gco2q.png

Those numbers work well with the quotes below:

bigger than GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption, and GTA San Andreas combined

San Andreas (14 sq mi) + IV (6.5 sq mi) + RDR (6 sq mi) = 26.5 square miles

bigger than Red Dead Redemption -- 5 times bigger if you include topography

6 sq mi X 5 = 30 square miles

I remember I once used the Flying Car cheat on SA and flew from LS's docks to the town at the other end of the Gant Bridge and it gave me ~24,900 feet. That's a diagonal, so...

Did I helped?

i dont give a fuck how big this map is aslong as el coronas there ill be happy

It doesn't take much to make you happy, judging from your posts about what you want and don't want.

I honestly hope that this delay is caused by us...in which I mean R* gonna make updates on what dissapointed us the most about the info they gave. I would be super happy if they actually make the property byuing able.

I thought RDR would of been alot bigger :/?

I understand that. it shows that it is as much about how the map is set up as it is about the actual size. Not having a car makes everything feel further away of course, but they also use natural barriers like mountains and rivers to make things look bigger then they really are.

but if you think about it, in RDR you could travel between the two furthest points on the map, by horse, between sunrise and sunset. meanwhile in SA it takes almost 5 minutes in real time just to get from the LS to the big Mountain while using a car.

i dont give a fuck how big this map is aslong as el coronas there ill be happy

It doesn't take much to make you happy, judging from your posts about what you want and don't want.

i would rather just say exactly what i want instead of make a song and dance and about what i do and dont end of the day im happy with whatever rockstar puts in this game

meanwhile in SA it takes almost 5 minutes in real time just to get from the LS to the big Mountain while using a car.

Man you drive slow!

It would take me no more than 2 minutes flat to get from LS to Mt Chilliad. :scooter:

• Like 2

I calculated that it takes about 2 3/4 minutes to go straight across San Andreas (3.6ish miles) at 130km/h. If the GTA V map is 30m^2, it would take about 4 1/4 minutes. Not bad, but I thought it would be a bit more. But that was flying a plane. I think driving would be more relevant to most people so I'll do that and get back to you.

I calculated that it takes about 2 3/4 minutes to go straight across San Andreas (3.6ish miles) at 130km/h. If the GTA V map is 30m^2, it would take about 4 1/4 minutes. Not bad, but I thought it would be a bit more. But that was flying a plane. I think driving would be more relevant to most people so I'll do that and get back to you.

i also calculated around 30-35 sq. miles. it was a while ago but i added all of the map sizes and it went to i think 32 or 33, and the extra space should bump it up to around 35 or more