I made this little positioning of the Hollywood (Vinewood) sign and the Los Angeles Zoo, and as we see more animals in screenshots, the bigger the chance we'll have this zoo in the game, which is [zoo] at just 2.2 miles from the Hollywood sign! *Green line is just an estimation of the size of the zoo*

post-11666-0-68103800-1358613839.jpg

Mile length adjusted and San Andreas added.

http://i.imgur.com/tDjappZ.jpg

i think that if you mash Liberty city together, and get rid of the water inbewteen the islands, I think thats the basic size of Los santos. i know the forest wll be pretty big, but around LA there is more of a presence of desert. so i think the desert region will be the largest. The prison will be pretty large also, but i dont expect it to be a major part of the map. I do expect for a desert airstrip, like GTA SA, and i think that grapeseed will be up in the foothils of the moutains and the forest, possibly in a U shaped valley with the mountains surrounding it.

the maps ive seen are also very linear.IMO the map will be spread out up and down, but also to the east of the city. The desert ( like ive stated above) is a major part of So-cal's geography, not as much as the mountains above.

• Like 1

I did hear somewhere that it is 4x larger than IV's map and bigger than RDR SA and IV combined

This page has received 64 pages of comments. Let's Bounce.

• Like 1

i think that if you mash Liberty city together, and get rid of the water inbewteen the islands, I think thats the basic size of Los santos. i know the forest wll be pretty big, but around LA there is more of a presence of desert. so i think the desert region will be the largest. The prison will be pretty large also, but i dont expect it to be a major part of the map. I do expect for a desert airstrip, like GTA SA, and i think that grapeseed will be up in the foothils of the moutains and the forest, possibly in a U shaped valley with the mountains surrounding it.

the maps ive seen are also very linear.IMO the map will be spread out up and down, but also to the east of the city. The desert ( like ive stated above) is a major part of So-cal's geography, not as much as the mountains above.

Some large Salt Flats would be good as well. Since the real L.A. has something like that nearby, and because I would like a large, flat and open space to test out the performance and top speeds of some of the better cars. :scooter:

• Like 1

A great map from Jbte:

<big pic>

In my opinion Its a nice approach to the real deal, hope theres no problem with this image upload.

The urban area is a little wrong but it's an interesting idea for the LS river(s) connecting out to the lake.

a base they could use for the game is Edwards air force base its in the dessert.

theres also a la air force base by lax and shit now there more then two bases on this map so i will just not list them cause you should look for yore self and stop waiting for some one to tell you cause you lazey, but this dose help me predict how big the games will be.

a base they could use for the game is Edwards air force base its in the dessert.

theres also a la air force base by lax and shit now there more then two bases on this map so i will just not list them cause you should look for yore self and stop waiting for some one to tell you cause you lazey, but this dose help me predict how big the games will be.

Hablas ingles?

• Like 3

Hablas ingles?

It was in english?

Not quite so. Think of all the bases around Las Vegas that weren't around Las Venturas. There's Nellis AFB, Creech, plus the secret ones far out in the desert. We only saw one of those, and that was Area 51 (69). There are a lot of military bases in and around LA, sure, but that doesn't mean we're going to see all of them. I don't think we're going to see more than three, if that.

you do realize that i was look for them in the la area not Nevada and also i think/or thought i found the curved dam from the screen shot and the observitory

but im guesting that you probable already knew that.

[in english]

Hablas ingles?

It was in english?

I know but I had a hard time understanding the broken english so I felt the compulsion to make fun of him. Sorry, it's who I am!

Rockstar stated on the GTA V Wikipedia page that the map will be bigger than those of GTA SA, GTA IV and RDR combined! I don't have the exact words used but you can see for yourself at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gta_v

Been said many times, and is quite old news. While that allows us to visualize an estimated size for the whole map, it doesn't help at all with estimating the size of Los Santos really.

Hablas ingles?

It was in english?

I know but I had a hard time understanding the broken english so I felt the compulsion to make fun of him. Sorry, it's who I am!

Oh I thought it wasn't typed in english, I figured Google might've translated for me.

you do realize that i was look for them in the la area not Nevada

As usual, fanman, you're missing the point. Using San Andreas as a reference, I don't think we'll be seeing all of the bases in the LA area. Just one or two. Can you understand that? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Some large Salt Flats would be good as well. Since the real L.A. has something like that nearby, and because I would like a large, flat and open space to test out the performance and top speeds of some of the better cars. :scooter:

well once u get past Los santos and into the desert since the game is based off of just one city and the rest country side and surroundinf areas you'll definitely have plenty of room to drag race etc. I wanna steal one of the big rigs that u see see in gta 4 where the back is inclined then take my sports car and get at top speed then see how many barrel rolls I can do in the air.
  • Like 1

Okay I just got the news. Los Santos will be the size of SA, RDR, and IV combined??? HOLY FUCKING SHIT. That's waht? 40mi^2? that big. huge gigantic! by far and away exceeded my expectations wheres my fucking cell phone shitt asdaa

EDIT: Wow, grammar and spelling be damned lol. And it seems to be the general consensus that the whole map is that size, not just Los Santos so I'll just go with the flow. Ridiculously huge map either way, though.

Edited by Googlefluff

Okay I just got the news. Los Santos will be the size of SA, RDR, and IV combined??? HOLY FUCKING SHIT. That's waht? 40mi^2? that big. huge gigantic! by far and away exceeded my expectations wheres my fucking cell phone shitt asdaa

EDIT: Wow, grammar and spelling be damned lol. And it seems to be the general consensus that the whole map is that size, not just Los Santos so I'll just go with the flow. Ridiculously huge map either way, though.

Remember that the map size takes into account the sea-floor as well.

No I don't think it does because if you watch IGN's Game Scoop they said just the map's geographical scale is bigger the all three, not including the ocean floor or the endless hiking.

i believe that the map will be very large, maybe not as large as the original San Andreas as a whole but very close infact, too me LIberty City was big, yet so small at the same time, i think we may see a map that we may actully be able to get lost in lol

LOL looking back at these comments make me laugh.