What if Grapeseed was the area where the vineyards are, rather than a farming town? I mean, it would make sense name-wise?

I've assumed that the entire time. If anything a few normal farms/orchards probably border the vineyard or are included in the same area.

I think R* labled the entire argricultural area of the map Grapeseed, so it's more like Grapeseed County rather than just a single town of that name (not saying there won't be a town of Grapeseed).

Would make sense since the screenshot obviously shows nothing but farming, while the name hints on vineyards.

There's quite some farming in the vicinity of Oxnard, not too far away to sound like a plausible part of an argricultural scenery if we place the vineyards in the Malibu area

For all of the maps that have no geographic resemblence to L.A: Look at the landmarks page (Treefitty did an amazing job on it). R* have made exact replicas of streets, significant buildings, and certain landforms. It would be ignorant to think that it doesn't resemble L.A.. As a matter of fact,(this is just me) I think it will be a 90% acuate replica of L.A.. P.S. Angeles National forest is to the North-East of Los Angelas if its tilted right.

Is anyone else thinking that the desert and Alamo Sea area are to the east of LS, rather than north? The Salton Sea is east of LA, after all...

To those that think it is to the north, what, specifically, makes you think so?

I'm going on a real-life layout and nothing more, myself. Naturally, my theory is much less valid.

It would seem, that if you were right about the red section, youd be able to see the hollywood sign from the red picture, but you cant...

Is anyone else thinking that the desert and Alamo Sea area are to the east of LS, rather than north? The Salton Sea is east of LA, after all...

I'm going on a real-life layout and nothing more, myself. Naturally, my theory is much less valid.

It might be east of the city.

8PLMU.jpg

;) That just seems to be the only place it fits. It's possible that the water you see is just a different lake and not the Alamo Sea which could actually be in the east.

It's hard to determine the orientation of the map since they seem to be placing the sun in places that make the screenshots look good rather than where it should be.

It would seem, that if you were right about the red section, youd be able to see the hollywood sign from the red picture, but you cant...

I think that's because of the glare.

pYkHa.jpg

• Like 1

It might be east of the city.

I imagine it like this:

2le2cg.jpg23sy8f6.jpg

There's more to the north, no doubt. But this is just my imagining of the southern areas. I believe most of the mountains and wilderness are going to be to the north. To the west, as you can see, is my imagining of Grapeseed and the vineyards. (Plus Malibu, too :) )

EDIT: God damn it. Imagine that picture on the bottom directly to the right of the one on top.

pYkHa.jpg

if you can add 1+1, you'd realize how the Vinewood sign MUST be covered behind his leg, at leat partially, and you can't see it becaue of the photo was taken "into" the light.

you can see R*s take on both the Roosevelt and First National Bank in both screenshots form more or less the same perspective.

what bothers me more is how much the mountain in the back shifts from just a little angular change in perspective, which most likely means it's considerably close to the Vinewood Hills which, in turn, doesn't speak in favor of a large map...

• Like 1

yeah i think the vinewood sign is behind his leg somewhere, on the top picture the building to the far right (cut off) and the steeple looking building appear in both pictures, at a little bit of a different angle, you can see the whole building on the bottom picture. the radio tower is behind his knee i think.

also above his gun looks like a start of a lake, which can be seen under his ass to the left on the bottom pic.

you can also see the top of the long building in between them on the top pic right beside the cut off one.

i dont know if im repeating what you said about "Roosevelt and First National Bank" im not familiar with l.a so i dont know the buildings.

what bothers me more is how much the mountain in the back shifts from just a little angular change in perspective, which most likely means it's considerably close to the Vinewood Hills which, in turn, doesn't speak in favor of a large map...

I think it's the other way. There would be a larger shift the farther away it is. I think.

gBjTi.jpg

i really hope that the map is set up sort of like fallout 3. you can go in most buildings with a vast outdoor map. and with the map being so huge maybe, and i repeat maybe, a fast travel feature. so we dont spend all of our time driving across the map just to die and be spawned way back where we started. that could get very irritating

:wall:

i really hope that the map is set up sort of like fallout 3. you can go in most buildings with a vast outdoor map. and with the map being so huge maybe, and i repeat maybe, a fast travel feature. so we dont spend all of our time driving across the map just to die and be spawned way back where we started. that could get very irritating

There is fast travel, it is disguised in the form of taxis. Also planes.

he dose have a point, but like I'm ever going to take a taxi when i can take a jet.

• Like 1

Taxi cabs were tedious...

he dose have a point, but like I'm ever going to take a taxi when i can take a jet.

ya man. Fly over my LZ press triangle and free fall and land.

A great map from Jbte:

In my opinion Its a nice approach to the real deal, hope theres no problem with this image upload.

Wow, that's not bad. I am impressed with the analysis the people are doing on these screen shots. I am even more curious on how accurate these will turn out be. I would think that the lake Alamo would be more to the south or east and in more of a desert environment, but I do not think R* will hold themselves to strictly to actual geography.

Taxi cabs were tedious...

I didn't think so, you just called them and then skipped. I wouldn't want a Elder Scrolls style fast travel. they also mentioned that there will be a fast travel in the form of switching characters.

I do disagree with several parts of that map, though. Alamo Sea being in such close proximity to a forested environment, LS not resembling LA's geography, map appears far too vertical, etc. I have a feeling that R* will respect So Cal's geography and do a good deal of justice to it. I will say though, that their estimation of the LS streets is pretty spot-on. All the screencaps sync up very well to their numbered point on the map, so I believe that that is the single most accurate LS map approximation we've seen yet.

Right after Fitty's, of course.

• Like 1