Either power lines rendering messed up with the angle or the highway rendering messed up with the angle. That's my guess.

Ah. If either of those are the case, I was expecting far too much in the draw distance department.

The row of similar structures in the top picture that aren't in the bottom picture.

They're there, I think. I think it's just the angle that's corrupting the perceived distance between them.

fv1ae.jpg

It looks that way in two of the pics (nanner's second and the one I posted) with two groups of two. In the first pic it just looks weird since the structures are evenly spaced and kind of appear to move inland in a "string" of sorts which is why I thought they might be power lines.

I'd call this yet another sign of the map being still a WIP while campainging for the game.

if you take this screenshot and find Centennial Mills (just below the left end of Gerald Desmond Bridge) and now comapare the whole area up to the coast with the same are in this screenshot (easy as Centennial Mills kinda leap out of the scenery concerned), you can see how they stretched the harbor area - at least that's what I think it is, GD Bridge is part of the LA harbor infrastructure and the constructions concerned look like harbor cranes to me; what else should such structures right at the coast be? - to the left and also changed a bit of the coastline, the 2nd screen shows a remarkable dent (try to spot it between the bars of the ladder) that I think should be visible in the 1st screen aswell, if it was there.

EDIT: 1 in a million moment, I felt like drawing a pic:

eastcoast.jpg

green the coastline, orange the structures... and while creating this masterpiece of contemporary art, I realized how much more detailed the area to the left of Centennial Mills is in the 2nd pic, so changes not just happened at the coast...

I bet they are. Kinda forgot this scene was in the trailer

Maybe there are both types. As those in the trailer look like they cant unload from the ship, but only upload from solid ground beneath them to the train or truck. There are some other types on the background. They must be just near the coastline. Anyway, i wonder if they are movable. Maybe a 'Fetch'a crate' minigame

Reposting this here to get some opinions about the location of Grapeseed...

I marked the relative distances between the peaks and valleys in the mountains from different views here -

Drpjd.jpg

A and C are close matches which would suggest those pictures were taken across from one another which would put Grapeseed around the west side of the large mountain that's north of the city. It's not a prefect method so it could move a little to either side.

For mapping purposes, it would be easier to put it to the east, but I think it would make sense to have Grapeseed a good distance west of the desert airstrip area considering it's a vineyard and there should be a transition between desert and fertile farmland. The mountains would be a good transition between the two areas.

If it is to the west, do you think it's possible that this is the same mountain in all 3 pictures below?

DVGsE.jpg

It's not really easy to piece together since the mountains aren't simple cones. They have major shape but that changes with every angle.

I don't have the original comparison I made (and forget what pics I used) but I made some new ones that drive my thinking of an eastern location...

official-screenshot-michael-takes-down-a-buzzard.jpg

http://www.igta5.com...n-a-buzzard.jpg

The smaller peak to the left of the Vinewood sign is a little behind the sign (farther from the camera). So the further Grapeseed (opposite side) goes west, the more that peak's silhouette would get absorbed into the Vinewood sign peak. It's definitey not straight north since the peak lines (of those two alone) don't match up exactly:

post-3-0-02567100-1357805677.png

Another thing with the image shown above is the shape of that little peak. In the pic with Michael (red) the peak has a nice triangular shape. In the Grapeseed pic (blue) it has a wider peak. So it has to be a good distance off angle. If we moved west we'd hit that large mountain out in Trevor's neck of the woods.

Found another estimation of the map (click image to zoom in):

Something doesn't quite look right with the roads in south of the city though.

It's needs a couple of small adjustments that I've already told him about. From the observatory, you have to be able to see the entire airport between the golf course and downtown buildings. Also, from the oil well, you have to see the lower part of the mountain to the left of the building.

tLfkn.jpg

• Like 1

i just thought of some thing if you took all of the screen shot pictures and put them together you might get a bigger picture

what i mean is if you put the matching ones together then placed them in the right order you could get a bigger idea of the map and what there showing in the pictures.

• Like 1

Most, if not all of them, are taken from completely different positions, though. And the ones that are close by look at the same thing. Even the trailers had very few panoramic shots and the ones they had were on the street watching a car wiz by.

What if Grapeseed was the area where the vineyards are, rather than a farming town? I mean, it would make sense name-wise?

I've assumed that the entire time. If anything a few normal farms/orchards probably border the vineyard or are included in the same area.