well the thing is in this pic we see around 20-30 skycrappers, in the actual game I am looking to maybe around 5-10 lol.

R* doesn't recreate cities building by building, they condense the city down and filter all the forgetful, generic buildings out to leave a creamy goo of pure orgasmic epicness.

Mmmmmmm.

I know that.... that wasn't my point....

i would say los santos would be more around 30-35% because i don't think that they would count surrounding water as part of the map. and having that little percent of the map be city would suck.

Somebodys cranky..

I'm curious about what they'll do with the country side, it's gotta be hella hard to make every inch of that mass of land unique.

Somebodys cranky..

I'm curious about what they'll do with the country side, it's gotta be hella hard to make every inch of that mass of land unique.

most of RDR seemed pretty generic to me. although we have to admit that the diversity of landscapes were great, but there was literally nothing else to do in free mode but to fuck around with cougars and kill people.

• Like 1

I love Grand Theft Auto's fanbase, they bitch about anything. GTA IV was all City no countryside bring back the countryside. GTA V looks to be all country side bring back the cities.

Yeah, 50/50 ... Not 80/20....

• Like 1

People, keep this in mind.

Let's, for the sake of argument, assume that 1/5 (20%) of GTAIV is Broker and Dukes (Brooklyn and Queens). Imagine the GTAIV map with everything but Broker and Dukes removed. Now, take that 20% and scale it to GTAV's map (GTAIV+SA+RDR=GTAV). That 20% seems a lot bigger now, eh? So don't worry. There'll definitely be enough city.

I was just looking at a map of SoCal and I noticed a metric fuckload of military bases in the area. I wonder how many of those will be reproduced in GTAV?

Oh, and here's some interesting info about Bombay Beach, an area likely to be in GTAV:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombay_Beach,_California#General_information

Well, i don't see how rockstar can afford to not release the map after all this internet proof!

I know! We pretty much got it knocked. I don't get why they're still holdin' out.

i would say los santos would be more around 30-35% because i don't think that they would count surrounding water as part of the map. and having that little percent of the map be city would suck.

I was talking about

Lakes , rivers.

I wasn't talking about the surrounding endless ocean.

---

It would suck if the surrounding area's was only a desert ( but its not so it won't suck ).

You cant drive a car on a mountain, so just forget about the mountains.

100% - 40% = 60%. So if LS is 20% it would take 1/3 of the drivable map.

Think about that.

If someone don't understand this you should read my posts on page 54.

And I want to say another thing:

Look at the GTA V like its the same as IV.

Alderney would be like LS, Alqonquin would be the desert, and dukes/broker would be the mountain area.

And Los Santos is bigger than Alderney

The Desert is bigger than Alqonquin

V's mountains are bigger than dukes/broker

---

R* said the map is 4/5 times bigger than IV's, and said that LS Would be a little smaller than LC.

So if you can do some math and did some research you would see that LS is 20% maybe 25% but absolutly not more than 30%.

i completely understand most of what you said.

Think there be any ghost towns?

A video about Salton Sea

2'35" : Gas station (Trevor and Bodies scene - 2nd trailer & prostitutes scene- 1st trailer) and Liquor store/grocery (prostitutes scene- trailer 1) they are a mirror of GTAV stores.

3'33" : the bar where Trevor hit a man in the 2nd trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMaLSYYyrc8

Hum... Disturbing

Yeah, i didn't see a single person walking around in that video. It looks mostly derelict and reclusive. Weird trailer park in the middle of nowhere, it kind of looks like a nuclear experiment lol

alright well first things first

i dont know the geography of L.A at all so i dont know where the moutains would start on the map below, my guess is right above the 210?

i dont know that is the case, BUT if it is..that red line is a 15 minute drive end to end, im just approximating because what i watched was just over 6 minutes, but it was fast forwarded. obviously the games scaled down, so the distance would vary, but thats still a very large area to cover, including past monterey park to say i dunno the L.A national forest. i dont know if it would go that far or not..but that is not a small playground just south to north, i dont know how far east it stretches. id say hacienda heights, that makes sense geographically to me, but bombay beach is way further than that so would that mean it stretches almost down to san diego? or would all that area be super squished closer to L.A.

im trying to follow the maps that have been put together already, but some of the better ones are confusing as hell to me.

the blue on the second map is my guess rough map edges.. with bombay beach included

222347_10200172735059711_1340997669_n.jpg

851_10200172770260591_1469206604_n.jpg

alright well first things first...

Interesting. I think they'll use the Mexican border as their southern border. Here's my imagination of the map area:

55fr5l.jpg

Yep. It's pretty much the whole area of that Google Map you put here.

Good first post, and welcome to the forums!

no not yet. Why?

Almost everyone is sarcastic here.

sorry to disappoint.

R* said the map is 4/5 times bigger than IV's, and said that LS Would be a little smaller than LC.

So if you can do some math and did some research you would see that LS is 20% maybe 25% but absolutly not more than 30%.

R* Said that LS downtown was smaller than LC downtown, I don’t remember them saying that entire city was smaller. that would not make sense because LA (if you count the entire LA basin) would be a lot more spread out the New York while New York is a lot more dense with bigger downtown area.

A video about Salton Sea

2'35" : Gas station (Trevor and Bodies scene - 2nd trailer & prostitutes scene- 1st trailer) and Liquor store/grocery (prostitutes scene- trailer 1) they are a mirror of GTAV stores.

3'33" : the bar where Trevor hit a man in the 2nd trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMaLSYYyrc8

Hum... Disturbing

Yeah, i didn't see a single person walking around in that video. It looks mostly derelict and reclusive. Weird trailer park in the middle of nowhere, it kind of looks like a nuclear experiment lol

I used to drive through the Salton Sea on my way down to Calexico, probably one of the most depressing places I have ever been and I was in Iraq. Calexico is probably in 2nd.

alright well first things first

i dont know the geography of L.A at all so i dont know where the moutains would start on the map below, my guess is right above the 210?

i dont know that is the case, BUT if it is..that red line is a 15 minute drive end to end, im just approximating because what i watched was just over 6 minutes, but it was fast forwarded. obviously the games scaled down, so the distance would vary, but thats still a very large area to cover, including past monterey park to say i dunno the L.A national forest. i dont know if it would go that far or not..but that is not a small playground just south to north, i dont know how far east it stretches. id say hacienda heights, that makes sense geographically to me, but bombay beach is way further than that so would that mean it stretches almost down to san diego? or would all that area be super squished closer to L.A.

im trying to follow the maps that have been put together already, but some of the better ones are confusing as hell to me.

the blue on the second map is my guess rough map edges.. with bombay beach included

I don’t think you can use a real map to figure out what are will be covered. Knowing R* they will just pick and choose from around California things that they want on the map. So like you said, it would probably be squished together with LS.