qaGBP.jpg

If you look and the estimate size, the area would be about as big, with liberty city having a lot of water and all,

credits to banana pudding

Edited by BartG

qaGBP.jpg

If you look and the estimate size, the area would be about as big, with liberty city having a lot of water and all

You should have given the credits to Banana Pudding.

qaGBP.jpg

If you look and the estimate size, the area would be about as big, with liberty city having a lot of water and all

I don't know if this might be messing up your estimates, but you seem to be comparing the Chrysler Building and the US Bank Tower a little wrong.

While both building have a similar total height (1,046 ft Chrysler, 1,018 ft US Bank) its not exactly the same thing, as the US Bank Tower's height goes to it's flat roof while the Chrysler Building's includes it's spire, and your comparison images seem to be setting the image height of the US Bank tower not to the Chrysler Building's total spire height (which isn't visible in the images) but to it's roof which has a height of 925...cutting 93 ft for the building.

Just wanted to point that out.

• Like 1

I don't know if this might be messing up your estimates, but you seem to be comparing the Chrysler Building and the US Bank Tower a little wrong.

While both building have a similar total height (1,046 ft Chrysler, 1,018 ft US Bank) its not exactly the same thing, as the US Bank Tower's height goes to it's flat roof while the Chrysler Building's includes it's spire, and your comparison images seem to be setting the image height of the US Bank tower not to the Chrysler Building's total spire height (which isn't visible in the images) but to it's roof which has a height of 925...cutting 93 ft for the building.

Just wanted to point that out.

I'm aware that the height of the Chrysler Building is to the tip of the antenna and I've factored that in. In the image below, you can see the Bank Tower is tilted. If you straighten it, it will get a little taller. The sizes match up well in the side by side comparison. If anything, Liberty City looks a little too small and if you increased the size of it, the Los Santos estimate would get smaller.

Ce99D.jpg

Also, I was generous with the placement of the observatory and mountains to the east. They could both be closer to the buildings.

Well done Pud.

I don't mind if the city is as small as it seems to be, because every street you turn onto will feel different, unlike IV where every street had the same gritty feeling to it, apart from Main. They've already said they want to capture the diversity of LA in the game plus Liberty is surrounded by water which make a game feel smaller than it is, whereas LS will feel like you're on the main land, and not an island, with a huge amount of countryside and mountains behind it.

Here's a picture of young me on San Antonio moutain just outside of L.A. I think they might have snow there...

Wow. And here I always thought you were a fat Indonesian baby.

• Like 4

Looks like they definately planned on having three cities, then decided "fuck that shit, just fill it with mo trees, that'll fix em!"

• Like 1

Sigh, I'm really starting to get frustrated when people keep insisting Los Santos is small. Los Angeles' skyline is nowhere as large/development with skyscrapers as New York City's. Just because you aren't seeing a ton of skyscrapers doesn't mean LS is smaller than LC. URBAN SPRAWL. Jesus, just look up aerials of L.A. It's not that hard.

Edit: Ta-da! http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e1/Aerial_photo_of_Los_Angeles,_California_01.jpg

Sigh, I'm really starting to get frustrated when people keep insisting Los Santos is small. Los Angeles' skyline is nowhere as large/development with skyscrapers as New York City's. Just because you aren't seeing a ton of skyscrapers doesn't mean LS is smaller than LC. URBAN SPRAWL. Jesus, just look up aerials of L.A. It's not that hard.

Edit: Ta-da! http://upload.wikime...lifornia_01.jpg

well the thing is in this pic we see around 20-30 skycrappers, in the actual game I am looking to maybe around 5-10 lol.

• Like 1

I think 40% of the map are mountains, desert 25%, Los Santos 20%, desert villages 5%, water 10%.

I saw a lot of mountains in the trailer/ screenshots, And those mountains are not small.

falling down them will be sooo fun, and pushing people off of it. or having falling races in multiplayer.

• Like 1

I think 40% of the map are mountains, desert 25%, Los Santos 20%, desert villages 5%, water 10%.

I saw a lot of mountains in the trailer/ screenshots, And those mountains are not small.

falling down them will be sooo fun, and pushing people off of it. or having falling races in multiplayer.

Oh the speed! I can't wait to experience the speed! Dodging trees and boulders on your way down.. adrenalin.. overload.. AAAARRRRGHH!!! :jumpy:

• Like 3

R* said that V would be bigger than IV, SA and RDR, and it would still have some space.

If LS is smaller than LC, you should re-imagine how super huge the country/mountain/desert would be.

LS would be only 20% of the whole map!!!

GTA IV's map is 100% city.

Do you see what they meant with "Fresh new start"? (100 -> 20)

well the thing is in this pic we see around 20-30 skycrappers, in the actual game I am looking to maybe around 5-10 lol.

R* doesn't recreate cities building by building, they condense the city down and filter all the forgetful, generic buildings out to leave a creamy goo of pure orgasmic epicness.

Mmmmmmm.

• Like 1