I have a doubt, a huge doubt. Where this highway goes? It starts in Los Santos, but where it goes?

a highway doesn't just stop they connect cities but there only is one thats what he means

i think it just rings around the whole map from the bottom of Los Santos around then to the top of LS

anyone used the windmills in that pic for mapping?

I did and I think fitty and or dup also figured out.

In the highway scene, we are looking towards LS from the area where the skydiving jeep scene happens.

Noone can say for sure tho where the highway comes from. Both the map-looping highway as well as the outfading highway scenario are possible, but it could also lead towards another town and stop as (under construction) after the junction.

There is definitely trolleys, im not sure about a subway, i dont think los angelos has one..

LA has two subway lines, 3 light rails and even one elevated light rail. we've seen one of the light rails already and chances are we also get some subway or at least some underground station to any of the rails, something like Market Station in SA.

there is a fully explorable Mt Chilliad, is what one of the recent articles said. Im definatly questioning the scale of the areas, how big the forrests are, and the deserts, and so forth. we already know Mt Chilliad is gonna be in the game, so the big question is, whats around it?

ign has seen the switch between characters, like google maps so they have actually seen a lot of the map

love to see a screenshot of that

Guys, hold on a sec.. doesn't it seem sort of fishy that Marney new that the map was gonna be free from the start and knew GTAV was being released in Spring 2013? He always did tell me he knew stuff about GTAV in the chat room.. secret stuff. Weird...

What Marney worked for R*?!

• Like 1

You're responding to a post made over a year ago, by a member whose account no longer exists...

That made me laugh.

I think that Mt Chiliad is in the middle(ish). I think we will have LS, countryside (hills and grass), forestry country side, the mountains then the desert. that’s how I see a proton of the map anyways. I could also see them wrapping the desert around the mountains so that it comes in contact with part of the city.

We know the map is bigger than RDR by quite a bit, right? In RDR you could barely see across the entire map. If you stood at the edge of those cliffs that ran between Bonnies farm and armadillo and looked towered Mexico, you could sort of make out the rock formations there. My point is that, even in a RDR sized map, there would be plenty of room to have a very large city and still have a whole lot of explorable countryside. Considering how much bigger GTA5 will be, I do not think there should be any real concern over how much mountain and country we will have to explore.

Has anyone tried to do a Sq Mile estimate of this map? I think I have read that SA was about 14 SqM and GTA4 was just bit smaller? RDR was around 28SqM. So if I am right about those numbers (which very well may be wrong about) GTA5 would be at least 36 Sq Miles? Could that be right?

Has anyone tried to do a Sq Mile estimate of this map? I think I have read that SA was about 14 SqM and GTA4 was just bit smaller? RDR was around 28SqM. So if I am right about those numbers (which very well may be wrong about) GTA5 would be at least 36 Sq Miles? Could that be right?

I think RDR fits inside the same 6000m x 6000m box as SA, and about half of that is explorable, so it's more like 7 SqM. Same probably applies to GTA4 if you don't count the water. I'm guessing the GTAV map will either be 6000m*12000m or 12000m*12000m.

My numbers might have been off, (I guess SA is actually bigger then RDR and the 28sq mile thing was just rumor) but it has to be bigger the 7sqmiles. today I found someone who calculated it to be around 30sq. he used in game mesurments of each game to come up with that. http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=531982

My numbers might have been off, (I guess SA is actually bigger then RDR and the 28sq mile thing was just rumor) but it has to be bigger the 7sqmiles. today I found someone who calculated it to be around 30sq. he used in game mesurments of each game to come up with that. http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=531982

Yep, I meant to link to that myself but forgot :)

His map shows around about 12sq mile cropped map for RDR, but as I said, a large portion of that, more than 40% is not explorable due to the impassible walls.

As S.A. is proven to be the biggest we know it's going to be significantly bigger than that, which I guess is the main thing.

My numbers might have been off, (I guess SA is actually bigger then RDR and the 28sq mile thing was just rumor) but it has to be bigger the 7sqmiles. today I found someone who calculated it to be around 30sq. he used in game mesurments of each game to come up with that. http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=531982

His map shows around about 12sq mile cropped map for RDR, but as I said, a large portion of that, more than 40% is not explorable due to the impassible walls.

As S.A. is proven to be the biggest we know it's going to be significantly bigger than that, which I guess is the main thing.

I already posted that, probably about 10 pages back by now.

• Like 1

I already posted that, probably about 10 pages back by now.

Sorry, I thought I had skimmed everything but I guess I missed that.

The fact that 5 will be bigger then SA is the significant point to all this. of course, The fact that they were able to make RDR seem so much bigger then SA when in fact it was not is impressive.Now maybe it was just because RDR only used horses and had smaller urban areas, but it is something to think about.

Guys, hold on a sec.. doesn't it seem sort of fishy that Marney new that the map was gonna be free from the start and knew GTAV was being released in Spring 2013? He always did tell me he knew stuff about GTAV in the chat room.. secret stuff. Weird...

What Marney worked for R*?!

It's not really fishy, or a mystery. He ran rockstar spy and regularly spoke with actual insiders within and around the gta games. He never leaked info though, so the things he said would usually have been just a "hint" or stuff he was allowed to say.

no way is that true? is it? mabey?

they should put bigfoots location on the map

Psy has ran fansites for 10 years, been flown to new york to play the games pre release and he never got "exclusive" information about the game, i doubt marney did either...

• Like 2

Topic...Topic. Maps. Stuff like that.

EDIT: Ah, there we go. Fitty put it back on track. Use those to update your map, Fitty. How's that coming, BTW?