R* said they were only going to focus on one city, which is Los Santos. SA had 3 cities. The map for Gta 5 will be big, but i dont believe that it will be bigger than SA map, cause SA map had 3 cities, countryside, etc.

R* said they were only going to focus on one city, which is Los Santos. SA had 3 cities. The map for Gta 5 will be big, but i dont believe that it will be bigger than SA map, cause SA map had 3 cities, countryside, etc.

That's a "different" way to look at it, but how bout this, GTAV's LS Is bigger than LS, SF, and LV combined, then we have the countryside. What exactly is stopping R* from making a gigantic countryside that is bigger than SA's countryside in GTAV?

Better hardware? Not likely.

@datkid - San Andreas was in the ps2 (caricature era) of GTA... The citi s were so small and consisted of about 10 streets... Dan has already mentioned in interviews that there will b a few towns to explore in the map... and I bet they'll probably take up as much as half of one of the S.A. cities each anyway...

• Like 1

and just to add to tye convo here, look at the scaling of buildings and things even between GTA 4 and GTA SA. GTA V will have LS be about as big as liberty city imo, but just more spread out. GTA 4s city scape was VERY dense, and i think Los Santos wil be more spread out. on the countryside, its going to be HUGE. i realy think its going to be about as big as RDR for the foresty stuff, and about SA for the desert.

they said gta v will be bigger than read dead redemption and iv combined. idk but that is probably bigger than s.a

Put this together in SketchUp. Lots of guesswork in parts obviously but I tried to match all the pictures.

7p4nD.png

Pretty damn good Tanner. This is literally how i'd imagine it to look. Obviously beyond the mojave area is a bit of a blur in our minds atm, but good work!

I have to say, if my theory is right, the way they've solved the problem of representing SoCal as an island in a square map is brilliant.

BdWQw.jpg

ruhWh.png

moenu.jpg

So you should be able to drive all the way down and maybe see some coastal towns and islands along the way.

• Like 2

Okay, that is almost certainly a prison in the upper right of the rotors. Couldn't tell from the aerial view we had before.

Most certainly, I believe there was a post somewhere recently including one of the thousand pieces of recent information comparing an image with a real life prison. I believe it was the screenshot of the trailer where the truck falls out of the air.

Put this together in SketchUp. Lots of guesswork in parts obviously but I tried to match all the pictures.

7p4nD.png

Added a link to the file: you'll need sketchup to look at it.

http://www.smallfile.../loss0.skp.html

I really love the 3d-take on the map and appreciate the effort you put into figuring it out.

But I'm honest, I don't like the shape... well no, I like it as such, but it doesn't feel right to me.

Because, when I think how more or less accurate San Andreas was in terms of geographic features - even tho a lot of things were very scatchy, imrovised and off, many many things were about accurate - and then think of how the map creation evolved in IV and how much more accurate LC was to it's real life counterpart compared to SA - and IV was considerably accurate concerning the shape and geography of NYC - I think R* continues this trend and stays at least as accurate as they were in IV, if not enhance it another shade or two.

again, I like your map and appreciate the effort, but I think V's map will be much more geographically accurate as your idea of the map; of course not scale accurate but enough accuracy to identify the location on first sight just looking at the outlines of the map

a guy here - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=534576 spent time working out the size of area in the sky diving photo. he determined that the area in the screenshot, would occupy the space on the san andreas map.

sfPIM.jpg

so if thats right, than just the mojave desert is going to be as big as GTA SA in a whole? i know in RDR they had accurate looking areas, but they varried so quickly it was almost sickening. I think looinking at both of the SA and RD maps, the desert is going to be rougly the size of SA, and the forests/mnts and the grasslands give or take RDR map

Why? 'Cause he's Trevor Philips. Ignitor of two-story houses and trucks alike. Purveyor of fine illegal firearms and house-made stimulants.

Could be that's how he infiltrated that cargo plane. Parked his Bodhi somewhere as the hold was being stocked, and just waited. Can't wait to see how that mission pans out. Should be entertaining. :D

I really love the 3d-take on the map and appreciate the effort you put into figuring it out.

But I'm honest, I don't like the shape... well no, I like it as such, but it doesn't feel right to me.

Because, when I think how more or less accurate San Andreas was in terms of geographic features - even tho a lot of things were very scatchy, imrovised and off, many many things were about accurate - and then think of how the map creation evolved in IV and how much more accurate LC was to it's real life counterpart compared to SA - and IV was considerably accurate concerning the shape and geography of NYC - I think R* continues this trend and stays at least as accurate as they were in IV, if not enhance it another shade or two.

again, I like your map and appreciate the effort, but I think V's map will be much more geographically accurate as your idea of the map; of course not scale accurate but enough accuracy to identify the location on first sight just looking at the outlines of the map

No problem, I think their map will be roughly accurate in the city but must get wilder beyond there. Looking at this old fake, I think he was onto something:

map_gtav.jpg

http://www.igta5.com...-map-and-image/

I'll see if I can do a bit of tweaking to match my guessed coastline to the GTA IV teaser image, which looks roughly based on Los Angeles County. The 'Malibu' part was a just a guess by me as what could fill that corner but they could end up having Catalina island just like the fake map.

I don't think someone at rockstar would have taken the time or even come up with the idea to make a tear in some random poster in a previous game the same as the map, it looks cool and it's fun to speculate but, I think at the time that that poster was made there was not even a map for GTA 5,

the other option would be to make the map based on that tear wich would be stupid

I think your map made in sketchup is the most accurate to date