and the entire map 175miĀ², including underwater scenery

Oh...mah...gawd.

EDIT: Wait, Liberty City is almost as big as San Andreas? Why does SA feel so much bigger?

RE-EDIT: And how do you know the size of the underwater environments? I need to get to bed; I'm starting to believe everything I read. -_-

how about you start reading the articles ( or what I wrote, I stated the source), then you would know the same...

November 12th IGN article says:

Rockstar says the map is 3.5 times bigger than Red Dead Redemption -- 5 times bigger if you include topography, as representatives kept talking about be depths of the ocean.

how about you start reading the articles, then you would know the same...

I have read the articles, and none of them give a figure for underwater depth. Or any kind of size.

Well, LS still looks huge to me.

Who actually remembers the first time they played GTA IV? The map isn't that small... People seem to think it's the size of GTA III's version or something. Fair enough it isn't huge like Just Cause or something, but Rockstar always go for quality over quantity, so if the entire map is bigger than all three of R*'s biggest games to date, then that's saying something amazing... If LS is around the same size as LC, I'm okay with that, that's a whole game space in it's own right. The rest is just a bonus imho...

• Like 5

how about you start reading the articles, then you would know the same...

I have read the articles, and none of them give a figure for underwater depth. Or any kind of size.

seriously, I both named which article and quoted the passage...

Dup! Stop talking, you're using up my "Like" quota.

seriously, I both named which article and quoted the passage...

The article doesn't mention any kind of figure for underwater areas seperately, but I'm not gonna pursue this anymore. I don't want a suspension. :french:

sure it doesn't say that explicitly, but how else would you link

Rockstar says the map is 3.5 times bigger than Red Dead Redemption

and

5 times bigger if you include topography

with

as representatives kept talking about be depths of the ocean.

?

sounds to me like the landmass is "3.5times RDR" and the remaining "1.5times RDR" to make the "5times RDR" complete is under water.

admittedly, I'm not that happy with IGNs interpretation of this, but unless we get figures directly from R* themselves, that's what we gotta stick to

What I want to know is why they've focused on detailing the ocean floor so much? Honestly, who give a fuck? I think I went underwater once in SA, and considering I sunk over 400 hours into it in total, it's pretty safe to assume it's a waste of development space.

What I want to know is why they've focused on detailing the ocean floor so much? Honestly, who give a fuck? I think I went underwater once in SA, and considering I sunk over 400 hours into it in total, it's pretty safe to assume it's a waste of development space.

Maybe they'll have some sort of scuba minigame. And loads of collectables and hidden caves. How epic would it be to swim deep and find an underwater cave that leads out to one of those huge biome caves with a hole in the top - that you see in south america. And there's an old rusty seasparrow helicopter sat in the middle waiting to be flown!

Who else still thinks there will be a tropical island?

Maybe they'll have some sort of scuba minigame. And loads of collectables and hidden caves. How epic would it be to swim deep and find an underwater cave that leads out to one of those huge biome caves with a hole in the top - that you see in south america. And there's an old rusty seasparrow helicopter sat in the middle waiting to be flown!

Who else still thinks there will be a tropical island?

If I'm not mistaken, hasn't a scuba kit being confirmed? I guess they'll be some kind of underwater races if so, perhaps using those handheld motor things. Caves would be pretty cool, I just hope they don't put too much of their resources into making a stunning sea-bed.

Obviously it's not going to be the same going underwater in V as it was in San Andreas, that's common sense. We have heard and seen next to nothing of the underwater regions so far, so it's almost impossible to guess.

Don't overlook this angle either

0_827f9_755228cc_XL.jpg

Pretty much clarifies there's little to the right of the observatory.

There's quite a few buildings up in the hills, but yeah the city doesn't seem to stretch beyond the basin.

Just thinking about the size of the map once again. There is clearly something huge left to reveal, that R* are still keeping quite. I have a feeling Mont chiliad is going to be the main spectacle on the map. With the possibility of a snowy environment at the peak. The Max Payne 3 code (GTA V) vehicle list had the cuban 800 (Trevor's red plane) in it, and there's a few snow vehicles. That's the main reason i think this.

• Like 1

What everyone seems to be forgetting when their using these screens to guesstimate the size of Los Santos is that r/l LA goes back up and around the mountains where the Hollywood sign is, the San Fernando Valley.

sfvalley.jpg

After all, they've only really been showing us the Downtown core and surrounding areas when there could be more to the city they've been holding back on.

Just a thought. :)

• Like 1

I don't think there's gonna be much.

the parachute scene from the trailer, compared with the vinvewood-sign-helicopter screenshot shows that right behind these hills, there's nothing but desert.

we haven't seen yet what's behind the observatory towards the coast, but the above mentioned suggests that R* ommited the Burbank area and placed the Mojave right behind the vinewood hills

Just thinking about the size of the map once again. There is clearly something huge left to reveal, that R* are still keeping quite. I have a feeling Mont chiliad is going to be the main spectacle on the map. With the possibility of a snowy environment at the peak. The Max Payne 3 code (GTA V) vehicle list had the cuban 800 (Trevor's red plane) in it, and there's a few snow vehicles. That's the main reason i think this.

I think you could be right. Perhaps like a snowy Aspen inspired mountainous town?? Skiing mini game would be pretty sweet.

the parachute scene from the trailer, compared with the vinvewood-sign-helicopter screenshot shows that right behind these hills, there's nothing but desert.

we haven't seen yet what's behind the observatory towards the coast, but the above mentioned suggests that R* ommited the Burbank area and placed the Mojave right behind the vinewood hills

Were you referring to this helicopter shot..

Because ^this and that sky diving scene from the trailer doesn't prove that there's no city behind the VineWood sigh, they don't prove that at all.

*sign

Were you referring to this helicopter shot..

http://www.igta5.com...__fromsearch__1

Because ^this and that sky diving scene from the trailer doesn't prove that there's no city behind the VineWood sigh, they don't prove that at all.

*sign

the number of helicopter screenshots is too damn high...

I was talking about this one from summer no not from summer... meh

the-hills-of-vinewood.jpg

in the skydiving jeep scene from the trailer, we're looking down at the area on the upper right, the jeep covers the circular structure we've been speculating about being a prison or military installation. the 6 dots between that structure and the hill in the upper right corner are the sattelite dishes seen in the 2nd trailer and also visible in the skidiving jeep scene.

that scene doesn't reveal what's behind the entire vinewood hills, but you can cleary see that the area immediately behind the vinewood sign is pretty barren land, comparable to the mojave.

now, like I said already, it's still not revealed what's in the area behind the observatory, but my guess is that there's the same as behind the vinewood sign, desert.

not saying that there's not a town or something, but if so, I guess there's nothing as dense as the Burbank area, more like Barstow, Bakersfield etc

I wish those proud americans could make up their mind already.

me too. one day Los Santos is so many times bigger than LC, the next day is about as big as LC...

what next? the size of GTA:SA's Los Santos?

EDIT again:

speaking of the new helicopter screenshots, isn't that Chateau Marmont off the right top of IAA?

182077_10151224897577347_1405725962_n.jpg

Edited by gmt
  • Like 2

I think its gonna be a fucking awesome map. We get a huge city the size of Liberty city, we get a huge desert like area, and also a wilderness area. For me personally it's everything that I could wish for! Not to mention the underwater depths of the sea lol