I dont think that map is right...

The yellow outline is drawn so that from the highway you are driving towards the airport, but in the screenshot with the red car, the highway is turning away from the airport

It's a two way high way, Q. maybe the red car is on the other side heading towards the observatory...

I decided to do a little mapping myself. I think this is the location of the L.A. River/Drainage Puddle. The bridges are a dead giveaway lol... But i also tried to estimate the location of the screencap to the right, based on the position of a few landmarks around it.

80QdP.jpg

I dont think that map is right...

The yellow outline is drawn so that from the highway you are driving towards the airport, but in the screenshot with the red car, the highway is turning away from the airport

It's a two way high way, Q. maybe the red car is on the other side heading towards the observatory...

The highway is still turning away from the airport....

Given that Los Santos seems to be smaller than we'd all expected, anyone recon that leaves room for another city? San Diego, San Fierro, etc?

Highly doubtful, i was holding out hope after trailer one, but i think after the magazine previews and trailer 2 we would have gotten at least a hint..

Dan houser would have to be blatantly lying to us for there to be more than one city.. He said they choose to focus on one city so the city could sprawl... To that, i say meh,

Still excited though, gonna be a lot more country than city...

So much for feeling every inch of the map...

Also, anyone else notice how many crane there are in the game? Like every other screenshot has a crane in it.. DLC?

Hmm.. from what I'm reading it seems the attitude went from "sweet the map is gonna be huge! Can't wait!" To "look how small the city is looking like it mite suck". In my honest opinion which I'm sure none of you care about but I'm ok with that small of a city I mean its not lc and a medium sized city is fine with me so long as there's details which were already confirmed not just a bunch of huge buildings that you can do nothing with I'm sure you'll be able to go inside a lot of them and do a lot of thimgs on them so it evens out plus unlike lc its not just city theres going to be a lot out there

• Like 1

Im not sure how big or small los santos is... But it doesnt look much larger than 2/3 of gta iv, and in some of the shots there are huge expanses of empty space...

Rockstar has been telling us how important it is to feel every inch of map for 10 years.... Seems strange that they'd change their mind now.

Given that Los Santos seems to be smaller than we'd all expected

Not me. I've been telling you people it's not big. I've used multiple methods of estimating the size, shown the process and pointed out how they all came to the same conclusion, but for some reason you didn't want to believe what you were looking at.

He said they choose to focus on one city so the city could sprawl... To that, i say meh,

That's the most condensed sprawl I've ever seen. I was hoping for multiple smaller cities instead of one big city, but it looks like we might be getting one not so big city. At this point, it seems like it's going to be something like this...

1Dlyd.jpg

...twice the size of SA with only one Los Santos.

I know they said it's just one city, but I can't say I fully believe it. That's too much space for that city area they showed. I still feel like they're hiding something. I wanted an actual destination to travel to - not just some town with a dirt landing strip. Maybe there will be a sizable Santa Catalina Island far off the coast that you have to fly to.

Anyway, I really don't have any complaints. I'd still be happy with one city and all the other stuff in the game. I just wanted to be completely blown away. Fingers crossed for horses and car customization.

To be fair, if LS isn't big enough for people, it's mostly the fans' fault. I saw a lot of bitching about wanting countryside back, not a lot of bitching about wanting a bigger city. *Shrugs*

• Like 1

I don't think anyone would mind LS being the same size as LC if R* didn't tell us they were making "one big city", made it sound as if LS was going to be 2x bigger than LC. :ermm:

I think it's safe to say that LS will be the size of LA Noire's version of LA, with a bit more cityscape like ghettoes and industry, and then the docks+airport.

Pretty fuckin' big. It takes quite a while to drive from the docks to Hollywood. But then again, that's in a car from 1947, before the interstate highways and also before the skyscrapers of Downtown were built.

How big is LA Noire's map?

tiny actually... a common figure is 8 mi²

I'm wondering... do people read whats written unless there's a picture associated to the post?

anyways, with these figures from the frontpage:

The city of Los Santos is 4-5 times bigger than Liberty City.

GTA V is 5 times larger than Red Dead Redemption.

(the first from jeuxactu, the second from IGN, with the notation that the land area is 3.5times that of RDR and the entire map, including "topography" is 5 times that of RDR)

and the common statement that the map of RDR is 2.5 times the size of GTA:SA (about 14mi²), and that Liberty City is supposed to be 12mi² (6*2 miles),

one can estimate a ballpark figure for the size of LS and the entire map:

LS about 48mi² and the entire map 175mi², including underwater scenery

and the entire map 175mi², including underwater scenery

Oh...mah...gawd.

EDIT: Wait, Liberty City is almost as big as San Andreas? Why does SA feel so much bigger?

RE-EDIT: And how do you know the size of the underwater environments? I need to get to bed; I'm starting to believe everything I read. -_-

Its big, and the airplanes go higher than any other GTA.

ghcCU.jpg

height is great... cant stand it when we used to go up a bit and the plane starts to drop. less of a skydive.

V era Los Santos being the same size as the SanAndreas version doesn't make sense with what Rockstar are saying. They're saying they kept it to one city so they could do it right, and focus on making a diverse and sprawling city. The re-imagined Los Santos would then be much larger, the Game Informer article certainly left me with that impression. I think based on what I've seen over the last few weeks the new Los Santos will be much like the new Liberty City, much bigger and closer to Los Angeles than it's predecessor.

I've got some more info to add to your map Fitty. Unless you've done that already?

MichaelsHouse.jpg

You see that tall building that i marked in white. It's on that big panoramic observatory image, to give you guys an idea where the mansion is located.

downtown-from-the-observatory.jpg

• Like 4