I think the radio telescopes in scene 4 are inspired by the Pioneer Deep Space Station, part of GDSCC north of Barstow.

the type of antennas, location (relative to LA and their surroundings) and their "scattered" setup sort of looks like it... plus the fact that the original is a US historic landmark, which makes it a perfect thing to place in GTA.

further, we see these antennas from above in the skydive scene and what vanishes below the jeep-like car is that roundish thing from the game informer screenshot with the helicopter looking at the Vinewood Sign.

The six black dots are visible in both pictures with relative position to the round thing matching. This would mean that the round from the mentioned screenshot couldn't be a prison as this and the sat dishes seem to be on the same property.

This also tells that scene 5 and 9 take place in this area aswell, cuz in each of those scenes, the sat dishes are visible.

scene 9, you can also vaguely determine the same wind turbines between the power poles over the converter thing you can also see in scene 4, so that Bandito scene should be just slightly to the right of the highway connection.

Further, comparing scene 1 with the last few frames of scene 21, Ulan Bator seems to be right, that thing should be the airport.

scene 21 curves to the left towards Vincent Thomas bridge and we can see the airport between the 2 trucks and then 2 bigger complexes come to view. almost the same setup we can see in scene 1, and that tall thing should be atc tower

also, what dup marked as the river mouth I don't think would be the river, as the river flows left from downtown LS if seem from the the hills (you can also see in scene 3 that this is the location of the river)

Another thing I noticed is that the Michael's house is most likely right next to Sierra Towers, on it's golfcourse site (and it's also the same house in the leisure time screenshot gallery with the tennis court, but with a lot of improvements)

in the scene with the black F9, you can see a taller building and a construction crane nearby, and another tall building with prominent design ressembling Sierra Towers.

EDIT: the lake and the Echo Park thing can't be the same, just look at the different elevations, the lake is up in the hills, well above downtown, while the Echo Park thing is approximately the same level as downtown

The buildings in red are about the same height.

yvM95.jpg

This is still scaled wrong i'm afraid. Look at the size of the roads on the LC image you pasted, and then the roads on the original picture...I know NYC has large roads, but not that big. You can also see the scale difference on the close windows on skyscrapers.

/edit - Also, the GTA V image looks like a wide angle lens (55mm) and the GTA IV image looks like a lower angle lens (15-18mm)

• Like 2

This is still scaled wrong i'm afraid. Look at the size of the roads on the LC image you pasted, and then the roads on the original picture...I know NYC has large roads, but not that big. You can also see the scale difference on the close windows on skyscrapers.

/edit - Also, the GTA V image looks like a wide angle lens (55mm) and the GTA IV image looks like a lower angle lens (15-18mm)

Yeah, that's it. Focus on roads and windows that you can't see and ignore the sizes of the landmark buildings. Good job! You get an A+!

Yeah, that's it. Focus on roads and windows that you can't see and ignore the sizes of the landmark buildings. Good job! You get an A+!

Well it seems like you're focusing on just the landmarks (1 landmark), and none of the rules of perspective & lens size. Anyway, i don't wanna go over this again. I'm not trying to say it looks huge from this screenshot, because it doesn't. I'm just stating what i see, and what looks wrong with your paste over - in my opinion.

• Like 1

Well it seems like you're focusing on just the landmarks (1 landmark), and none of the rules of perspective & lens size. Anyway, i don't wanna go over this again. I'm not trying to say it looks huge from this screenshot, because it doesn't. I'm just stating what i see, and what looks wrong with your paste over - in my opinion.

The distance wouldn't be affected that much using a different lens size - http://i.imgur.com/Q3inJ.jpg

Didn't the developers mention somewhere though that you will be able to see much further in this game (cant find the exact bit).

But I am sure that behind the pollution in the Franklin-Michael building screenshot there is a lot more of the los santos map.

Plus we need to account for where they are, for all we know behind them is a BIG chunk of Los Santos, we shouldn't assume they are on the edge of the map.

Yeah Jamie, better draw distance combined with high mm lenses could fool anyone into thinking something is far closer than what it is.

I just found this posted on GTAforums:

R71Ue.jpg

Pelican Bay Prison. Anyone agree?

Maybe all those guys who want to spend time in th gta joint will finally get there wish...

Im havnt even watched trailer two yet....

*watches

1q8CP.jpg

downtown-from-the-observatory.jpg

don't see how LS is half the size of LC as Banana Pudding describes it keep in mind fog hiding most of the lower urban areas

I would've posted ^that but.. meh, didn't care enough to be bothered.

See Qd? The sprawling area looks pretty big, and theres STILL more to the left side and, farther down the city.:)

• Like 1

To be honest, the city doesn't look that big from what we've seen. It doesn't look like it'll be the size of LC, which is a little disappointing. I mean it's great having a massive map, but if most of it is empty (but none the less beautiful) rural and desert areas, the game will feel pretty empty and boring, no?

1q8CP.jpg

downtown-from-the-observatory.jpg

don't see how LS is half the size of LC as Banana Pudding describes it keep in mind fog hiding most of the lower urban areas

I would've posted ^that but.. meh, didn't care enough to be bothered.

See Qd? The sprawling area looks pretty big, and theres STILL more to the left side and, farther down the city.:)

The night shot makes the city look big... But that day shot makes the city look small...

Seems like there are 6 or 7 sky scrapers, And you can count the buildings comming towards observitory.. 5 or 6 blocks ..

well, if you put it that way, the city doesnt seem very bug : / . i care about the countryside alot, but i think the city needs to have a bit more than THAT.

I dont think that map is right...

The yellow outline is drawn so that from the highway you are driving towards the airport, but in the screenshot with the red car, the highway is turning away from the airport

• Like 1

yeah i suppose, i didnt notice that. but i thought it was pointed out on here that people thought the airport was in that corner, so i just put 2 and 2 together and thought that the freeway would lead to there.. btw i didnt make those three diagrams - that's why i labelled them "borrowed" lol