Do you see the mountains I drew in my map? Those are the mountains you see around the city in the first trailer. That's pretty obvious to people who are at least somewhat intelligent. My dog could figure that out.

So you're saying that you've estimated the size of some arbitrary part of Los Santos. (Option B from my post).

A random part of Los Santos will certainly be smaller than Liberty City. The city as a whole will be much larger.

Good talk.

Marcus, you good? Everyone ready to move forward?

• Like 1

Are you for real?

The article directly said the city will be bigger than the 3 combined. Yet you still seem to think you're right, when it's fucking confirmed by a legit article that you're wrong.

YOU WERE WRONG. Just deal with it.

Poor Banana Pudding is in denial.

So you're saying the area of the city within the mountains is around 30 square miles?

The problem with this entire argument is that it's based on fuzzy logic. Every one of Banana Pudding's posts have said something abstract like "My estimated size of the city area of Los Santos" or "I didn't estimate the whole map - just the city area that they showed in the trailer".

Banana Pudding, nobody knows what you mean by "city area". You could be taking about the full city limits of Los Santos, in which case I suspect Marcus is right and you're way off. Or you could just be talking about some arbitrary cluster of buildings, in which case it's completely pointless to compare that random area to the entire map of Liberty City.

If there's a third possibility, please explain it concisely. Otherwise everyone quit clogging the thread with your dick-swinging contest.

That's what I was trying to tell him earlier, he wasn't specific. All of LS is The "city" of LS

Are you including the suburbs in your estimation?

This is the part where BP starts hurling insults at you along with a half-dozen screenshots with red outlines...

Well, you have to draw pictures when you're dealing with people who can't figure out the most basic things on their own.

At least you're smart enough to figure that one out. josh might still need a drawing.

I'd love another one. I've been hanging them all on the refrigerator. You're such a talented young man!

Seriously though, I'm just trying to get us all on the same page. It sounds like we are now. Banana Pudding, you estimated part of Los Santos to be smaller than Liberty City, and your calculations are probably pretty good. We got derailed for 20 pages basically due to semantics since "city area" was taken to mean "city of Los Santos".

Do you agree that the city of Los Santos (urban area, not countryside) will be larger than Liberty City? If so, I think we've run out of things to argue about.

For now.

• Like 1

Do you agree that the city of Los Santos (urban area, not countryside) will be larger than Liberty City?

There's not enough information to know at this point. For instance, the oil well appears to be on the base of a mountain. It could really be a mountain with nothing much behind it or it could actually be just a hill that flattens out with buildings for miles beyond.

Over the Vinewood sign, it's kind of hard to tell exactly what's in the distance. You can see what looks like houses, but it looks like a sparsely populated area.

We could argue for the sake of arguing, but then again it appears that's what has been going on anyway.

We're arguing about the size of LS in a topic named LS map size. Would you prefer us to debate about it in the Vehicles topic?

:D

I was just thinking. If the game is set only in Los Santos, which is pretty much confirmed now. Will it be bigger than San Andreas in terms of actual map size? I realize San Andreas covered three cities and surrounding countryside, but everything was shrunk down and the cities were far smaller than any real city. GTA V clearly looks much richer in detail and bigger looking from what we have seen of it so far. But will it actually be bigger than San Andreas, or ever Red Dead?, since Rockstar have mentioned it is the largest and most ambitious game yet in their latest statement.

Might as well start discussing it, but don't moan that the game is going to suck because it's not going to be San Andreas, that's not the point of this thread.

Personally I hope it is bigger. And i hope to see loads of small country towns sprawled out over the countrysides, full of interesting characters to do side missions for and what not.

The map size is bigger than Gta San Andreas + Gta Iv + Red Dead which is pretty god damn big, this is both interior and exterior but still.

I know this now :P I wrote that a year ago.

I intend to hop in a jet and do some aerial recon of the map first.

I think I'll do some off roading with Trevor first. Once I have control of him anyway. I'll grab the nearest off-road vehicle and drive towards the nearest mountain, and drive to it's peak and scan the skyline horizon for some cool landmarks to visit.

• Like 1

I think I'll do some off roading with Trevor first. Once I have control of him anyway. I'll grab the nearest off-road vehicle and drive towards the nearest mountain, and drive to it's peak and scan the skyline horizon for some cool landmarks to visit.

I'm going into the "Wilderness" I wanna get some revenge on those Coyote's from RDR..Poor John Marston

Fallout style....

I wish locations would show up on the map like fallout, especially since the game is gonna be huge, fast travel would be nice... And without having to cycle through taxi animations..

Fallout style....

I wish locations would show up on the map like fallout, especially since the game is gonna be huge, fast travel would be nice... And without having to cycle through taxi animations..

Landmarks a la LA Noire would be nice. ALSO: Why have we not been able to put multiple "bookmarks" on our pause map? Goddamnit, I wanna remember the swingset glitch AND my favorite sniping spot.

• Like 1

Fallout style....

Landmarks a la LA Noire would be nice. ALSO: Why have we not been able to put multiple "bookmarks" on our pause map? Goddamnit, I wanna remember the swingset glitch AND my favorite sniping spot.

That's a good point. I'd love to be able to leave like waypoint markers on the main map. They should be marked as active waypoints or inactive based on whether or not you want to go there, so your minimap doesn't get too cluttered.