Okay since I somewhat started this let me clarify a few things.

1. I was kidding when I put all of the failure on Bannana Pud, fact of the matter is Pud, Marcus, Qd, myself and a couple others failed. I'm still not certain if Marcus realised that when he said what he said but either way your reaction was ridiculous, Pud.

2. Theres obviously a misunderstanding of what Pud was actually estimating and that is partially his fault, by saying "City area", Pud, you weren't being specific, you gotta remember that LS IS a city which gave the impression you meant the whole part of LS, not just the downtown/busy area which some ppl call "the city".

I'm pretty sure though that you were talking about the entire area of LS, remember your map on page 19? the one with the landmarks of the screenshots with LS colored in green? You surrounded LS By mountains instead of "sprawling areas" so that also gave the impression you meant the whole city.

Post #371

you know they also said including interior space.

i read that as if there are a lot of interior spaces that is included in the size. so if there's a lot of interior space it would mean less outside space.

just my thoughts on it though.

You don't think R* would mean Cubic miles and just increase the height limit and consider that larger world do you? I for one am guessing there is going to be a huge city like they said, and many smaller towns sprawled out throughout the countryside. Some larger then others. A few tiny hick towns, and a few decent size stand alone towns. Hopefully the interstate system allows for an easy and quick way to get from point A to point B.

Also where on that map is there a REAL

LAAirports.png

A picture of all airports in or near LA. The purple one is an Air Force Base. I have no idea if the city stretches out this far, but I didn't even include "Sultan Sea" area, so who knows.

(sorry if big picture)

1. I was kidding when I put all of the failure on Bannana Pud, fact of the matter is Pud, Marcus, Qd, myself and a couple others failed. I'm still not certain if Marcus realised that when he said what he said but either way your reaction was ridiculous, Pud.

2. Theres obviously a misunderstanding of what Pud was actually estimating and that is partially his fault, by saying "City area", Pud, you weren't being specific, you gotta remember that LS IS a city which gave the impression you meant the whole part of LS, not just the downtown/busy area which some ppl call "the city".

I'm pretty sure though that you were talking about the entire area of LS, remember your map on page 19? the one with the landmarks of the screenshots with LS colored in green? You surrounded LS By mountains instead of "sprawling areas" so that also gave the impression you meant the whole city.

Post #371

http://www.igta5.com...e/page__st__360

Go look at the picture again. It's pretty obvious what areas I was including. http://i.imgur.com/TXRDf.jpg

Check this out:

i9TmD.jpg

http://www.igta5.com...5746#entry65746

TreeFitty has a brain - http://www.igta5.com...5366#entry75366

There are more idiots on this forum than any other forum on the internet.

Have you been to gta-forums?

Also, why do you care of we say your fail? do you think your going to change our opinion with logic? Nope.

I dont try to prove anyone wrong and try extra hard to prove myself right... I just point at them, yell proud american, and :lol:

You should try it.

Also, i hope the map is phallic shaped. Something like

8====> but pointing upwards would be cool

R* take the fun, memorable parts of the city, amplify them and remove the repetitive, boring bits that we won't want to see. That was the problem with L.A.

And that's the problem with creating the map. not just that "memorable parts of the city" is a really personal term thus leading to uncountable "versions" of LA... just go around and ask. ok, most ppl would say the beach, a hand full of downtown skyscrapers probably not even known by name, the glitter glamor of Hollywood + it's sign and don't forget 90210 cuz there was a TV show someone has heard of, and that it's fraking big. maybe include LAX as this is how most of the visitors come to LA and it has a benefit: due to the size and the Theme Building it's easily recognizable.

but from here on, everyone has an own picture of what is LA, what's fun and memorable and what is not.

bad enough as this is already, these opinions can change aswell. just take this, the first time I was in LA was a weekend trip with a couple collegues. I insisted to get up to the observatory, they didn't even knew about it thus calling my nuts cuz "that's boring"... I won, we went up there, they thanked me for helping them getting one of the most impressive looks over LA.

I didn't know about the Watts Towers until San Andreas, now they are just as much a part of the LA area to me as the Hollywood sign is.

San Andreas' Los Santos already covered more things than most people know about LA and on the other hand is still lacking so much more that makes for LA.

What it lacked most in my eyes was the insane (sub)urban sprawl. I know that the technical and design reasons behind the game forced this, but yeah, no matter how hard you try, you can't create an LA lookalike without paying tribute to it's size. This, in turn, means repetitive, boring bits. because these repetitive, boring bits are just so much a part of LA's character as Hollywood, Sta Monica or South Central.

I must say tho that comparing this to LA Noire doesn't feel right imho. Not just that LA Noire focuses on the actual city of LA whereas Los Santos always was an image of the entire LA basin, but also the fact that the main reason behind LA Noire was to create an almost accurate scale replica of the 40s LA, something that makes it fun to play... IF you're interested in exploring a long gone city. of course this is boring as it lacks action and takes long times to get from a to b, but one must admit that fastpaced action was never the concept.

On the other hand, being scale accurate can go quite wrong. Just think of True Crime LA. one hour from the west to the east limit, pedal to the metal, through light traffic all along the same set of repetitive houses with the only landmark suggesting it's LA being the Library Tower. that might give you an accurate feel for the size and repetitiveness, but the cancer-giving lack of detail tells you that too big is easily possible...

So, long story short, it's a hard thing creating a believable image of LA, not just when it comes to which landmarks are in or out (just think of the lack of landmarks in SA's LA - probably one of the most prominent would be the Dodger's Stadium) but it also to decide how much of LA's characteristic sprawl fits in to make it believable, without being too big to cater for an action game like GTA.

now with the new pictures and the interviews with Dan and Aaron - I said it already - I'm more convinced that R* does a good job in capturing the size of LA.

this also allows to put in more landmarks and if they get the geography and relative positions about right (at least better than in SA which was quite freestyle here) I'll be more than happy.

as for the whole map size - including interiors - that's something I got stuck at aswell.

I mean, no matter how awesome the part sounds where it says that the map will be bigger than RDR, SA and IV combined, depending on how much interior we get, we can lose a hell of a lot of landmass.

for example the Library Tower has 1.3 million sqft of office space while it only sits on a fraction of that area. if R* only makes the roof accessible, we don't lose any area, with all floors accessible we lose an area about big enough to place SA's Mt Chiliad on (given the tower is created scale accurate)

at a certain point I thought how awesome it would be to access every room in every building in this game I now feel like I don't need more accessibility than we had in San Andreas, percentage wise. I'd rather go with a couple more blocks of single family homes sprawling about and another square mile of open land. because if LS was the size of the map of IV, with every building fully accessible, this would suck up pretty much everything left in the size estimation given in the interview.

I know, the pictures don't look like this is going to happen, but I think we should always keep that in mind when estimating the map dimensions because I doubt Aaron would have mentioned the interiors in such an explicit way if there wasn't anything special, like a huge increase in accessible buildings compared to previous titles.

• Like 1

So anyway, the airport is finally shown and it's south of the seaport (and the entire city portion).

helicopter-over-the-harbor.jpg

That's the Theme Building on the far left under the bridge. So instead of Palos Verdes Hills we have the airport sticking out into the ocean.

• Like 1

Post #371

http://www.igta5.com...e/page__st__360

Go look at the picture again. It's pretty obvious what areas I was including. http://i.imgur.com/TXRDf.jpg

Check this out:

i9TmD.jpg

http://www.igta5.com...5746#entry65746

TreeFitty has a brain - http://www.igta5.com...5366#entry75366

There are more idiots on this forum than any other forum on the internet.

First off, you're a dick, second, I saw that earlier today and it's the only reason I'm even considering you aren't lying, plus you said you weren't estimating the "whole MAP" NOT the "whole CITY". You then continued to say there might be more ciity to the east, again, you weren't specific, you could of easily meant more cities outside of LS and back then that's exactly what you were saying.

I don't understand why you're being so defensive, you keep calling me the idiot when your the one acting like an idiot. Calm the fuck down, you fruity bastard.

I saw that earlier today and it's the only reason I'm even considering you aren't lying,

That's the only reason? In the trailer, you can see there are mountains around the city to the north and east. I drew mountains to the north and east in my map. Did you think the mountains I drew were some other mountains? :ermm:

Interesting. I was looking for runways lol. Thank you. I'm hoping there are several airports speckled throughout the map, big or small. Air travel was my favorite in Just Cause 2.

From the GI mag, Saltun Sea is quite far away, this map could be HUGE.

yeah i'm hoping that there is a few landing strips and airfields through the map too. i think there will be, because the GI mag, said Trevor stays in that Salton Sea region, and he has access to flying early on.

Maybe he runs a sight seeing air tour business on the side.

Also, i think throwing small peices of a person out of a plane might do a good job of getting red of a body, so it will be interesting to see if we have an opportunity to junk ground gangsta out of planes..

I saw that earlier today and it's the only reason I'm even considering you aren't lying,

That's the only reason? In the trailer, you can see there are mountains around the city to the north and east. I drew mountains to the north and east in my map. Did you think the mountains I drew were some other mountains? :ermm:

*facepalm* Look at your map. The green area is LS, right? Yes? Those triangular structures are the mountains. The blue is the Ocean. SO WHERE THE HELL IS THE REST OF L O S S A N T O S? NOT the rest of the map, LOS SANTOS. You were basically saying we've seen most if not all of LS through screenshots and the trailer, you then went on to estimate the size of LS, NOT the entire map (I understood this part for the last fucking time, that was on Marcus)

I then read the GI article and the interviewer said "LS is bigger than RDR, GTAIV etc."

He said LS was bigger, not the entire map was bigger, if he was referring to LS alone (which I now see he wasn't) you would have been dead wrong. Either way, with the entire map being 30 - 40 sq miles, theres still a good chance that you were wrong. It was a good estimate from what we were given but I'm pretty sure LS is not that small. Plus, R* also said they were going to make one huge city instead of multiple cities, by what means is 2/3 of Liberty City acceptable?

Oh yeah, the did mention Slab City. So I updated the map to be more geographically 'accurate'.

gtamap2.jpg

The 'A' on that map represents Mount Diablo, the mountain Mt. Chiliad is based off of. And they mentioned it in the interview, so therefore it has to be geographically identical to the real thing, right? <_<

Oh yeah, the did mention Slab City. So I updated the map to be more geographically 'accurate'.

gtamap2.jpg

The 'A' on that map represents Mount Diablo, the mountain Mt. Chiliad is based off of. And they mentioned it in the interview, so therefore it has to be geographically identical to the real thing, right? <_<

They used Salton Sea as an example of what the area looked like. Might not be that actual area.

This^

I wanna change the subject a bit and talk about the Ocean now: If R* is putting alot of detail into the ocean floor, do you think that it's still possible that we'll have an endless body of water again? If so are we looking at more of a copy and paste sorta thing? And hopefully we will finally get some real waves now that they're giving the water aspects of the game more attention. We had waves in GTAIV & SA that got bigger as you went far out or when it was night time but I would really like some taller more vicious ones in this one, I doubt it'll happen, but that would be awesome.

^

yes this, it would be so cool to be riding on your jet ski amongst massive waves and getting air off of them...ah can't wait for this game :jumpy:

*facepalm* Look at your map. The green area is LS, right? Yes? Those triangular structures are the mountains. The blue is the Ocean. SO WHERE THE HELL IS THE REST OF L O S S A N T O S?

Apparently, the rest is in the hills and beyond in areas they didn't show in the first trailer. It's going to be a stretched-out sprawling city. It's probably going to include a lot of sparsely populated suburban areas. They even added the word sprawling to their description in the newswire.

"set in the sprawling city of Los Santos and for miles beyond"

http://www.rockstarg...newswire/page/2

I then read the GI article and the interviewer said "LS is bigger than RDR, GTAIV etc."

He said LS was bigger, not the entire map was bigger, if he was referring to LS alone (which I now see he wasn't) you would have been dead wrong.

You're saying I would have been wrong if the city was that big? No shit. And if you had a vagina, you'd be a girl. What point are you trying to make here?

Either way, with the entire map being 30 - 40 sq miles, theres still a good chance that you were wrong. It was a good estimate from what we were given but I'm pretty sure LS is not that small. Plus, R* also said they were going to make one huge city instead of multiple cities, by what means is 2/3 of Liberty City acceptable?

The part I mapped is probably the size I estimated it to be.

Also, don't be surprised if the actual map doesn't seem as big as they claim it to be. They're probably including the underwater areas since you can scuba dive. Plus, they could add Catalina Island which could greatly increase the square mile area without adding much land mass. For example:

0J1EG.jpg

I didn't use an accurate mile distance, so that's not the square mile area of the real Los Angeles. The percentage difference between the 2 is accurate though.