Have we seen Mount Chiliad in any pictures, trailer?

probably the huge mountain in the trailer with the hikers. And maybe the mountains we see in the new picture of the jet.

The hikers I agree they could be in front of Chiliad, but the picture of the jet ? What picture ?

I put together this map scale image based on some calculations made by someone called RockStarNiko. Click his name to find his working outs.

GTAIVMapSize.jpg

RDR is bigger than San Andreas. Sorry, dont understand this map.

The hikers I agree they could be in front of Chiliad, but the picture of the jet ? What picture ?

I put together this map scale image based on some calculations made by someone called RockStarNiko. Click his name to find his working outs.

GTAIVMapSize.jpg

RDR is bigger than San Andreas. Sorry, dont understand this map.

His calculations say otherwise. Check out his formula, it seems pretty accurate. He did say that riding on horses makes the map feel bigger because they're obviously slower than cars and jets, which does make sense...

• Like 1

GTAIVMapSize.jpg

His calculations find that GTA V could be in the region of 30 sq m :D

I added up those numbers, they add up to over 32... m^2 'with room to spare', so probably like 40m^2

Probably I'm wrong, but RDR seemed allmost the double size of San Andreas.

That's because in rdr your riding a horse, and in san andreas your riding a hydra.

I have that in consideration. RDR is bigger.

Probably I'm wrong, but RDR seemed allmost the double size of San Andreas.

well it seemed bigger because it was mostly just landscape, and had no big cities. and riding on a horse instead of driving a car makes the map feel biger since horses are slow.

:facepalm:

Life.

Specifically, what was I wrong about?

The size of Los Santos.

Now that that is cleared up, we can move the fuck on.

No, we can't move the fuck on since there's no proof if I'm right or wrong at this point. You can't just say I'm wrong without any evidence.

I only estimated the size of the areas in red and south to the bridges...

9XosT.jpg

So, until you have proof, you can't say I'm wrong. There's nothing that indicates that area is larger than Alderney and Algonquin combined.

Here's a visual of the possible map size:

lixkf.jpg

The already said the map was bigger tha rdr san andreas and gta 4 combined...

What's your point?

I think his point is that there is a 0.001% chance that the city will be smaller than' Alderny and Algonquin combined' when the whole map is that fucking big.

That is like what... 4mi^2?

So you're saying the city accounts for 13% of the whole map (or probably less, since there is 'room to spare'). There is no fucking way that is going to happen. You know why? Because as 'Zee Kay' said:

R* said that they are only making one large city, and they are making it as big as they can, as close to scale as they can, of course it wont be exact, it will be scaled down.

• Like 1

R* take the fun, memorable parts of the city, amplify them and remove the repetitive, boring bits that we won't want to see. That was the problem with L.A. Noire, being an exact replica of LA it got tedious driving down dozens of identical roads to get to a destination. With GTA they are free to cut bits out to make a more compact and concise city.

I thought the design of LA in LA Noire was shit, didn't like it at all. The color of the roads bothered me as well, they all looked too new...

And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't team Bondi come up with the map for LA Noire?

So you're saying the city accounts for 13% of the whole map (or probably less, since there is 'room to spare'). There is no fucking way that is going to happen.

This isn't my picture. Someone else made it and marked off the areas shown and discussed in the trailer and GI article. The area in the pink is the part I estimated the size of. What percentage of the map is that area?

jzBYU.jpg

gtamapanalysis.jpg

I slightly remade the map. Rockstar said they were trying to capture the 'sprawling' aspect of Los Angeles, trying to do one city - and doing it properly. So I colored over the rest of the city that you missed out. Also I would like to see where the creator of the map saw Slab City - I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the trailer or the GI article. However, Palm Springs was in the trailer.

So now calculate the new percentage of the size of the city part of the map in ratio with the rest of it, and tell me what you come up with. It may not be 100% accurate, but neither is yours.

• Like 2

gtamapanalysis.jpg

I slightly remade the map. Rockstar said they were trying to capture the 'sprawling' aspect of Los Angeles, trying to do one city - and doing it properly. So I colored over the rest of the city that you missed out. Also I would like to see where the creator of the map saw Slab City - I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the trailer or the GI article. However, Palm Springs was in the trailer.

So now calculate the new percentage of the size of the city part of the map in ratio with the rest of it, and tell me what you come up with. It may not be 100% accurate, but neither is yours.

Why did you color areas that I didn't include in my estimate? I stayed south of the observatory, didn't go any farther south of the bridges, and didn't go nearly as far east as you show. You're getting desperate.

Salton Sea :

Wfycb.jpg

• Like 1

Many theories about GTA5 real size. Houser said its bigger than GTA4 SanAndreas and RDR all together, so it could be 2 times bigger or more this 3 games together. First BDXL Triple layer disc game?

Who cares guys can we all just get along? Anyways does this topic go along with the whole map.

Who cares guys can we all just get along? Anyways does this topic go along with the whole map.

Yeah when I wrote it I was thinking about the entire map not just the city area. so feel free to discuss the size of different regions.

Wow,

IV

RDR

SA

COMBINED!...

with room to spare

What will that be in square miles???

40-50 sq mi we have estimated.