The same way opinions based on one trailer and a few screenshots are still opinions. They should not be presented as facts...followed by derision for anyone that might not agree. TreeFitty's map does an amazing job of linking R*'s material to date into a visual, but you'll notice he didn't paint himself into a corner setting limits on what the game will really be like.

• Like 1

Not name-calling, just stating the obvious. Of course, as I did so, I did not think about what a long and boring back-and-forth this would turn into

You'd have to be pretty stupid not to realize that.

I know your internet girlfriend doesn't like me and you're trying to impress her. It's totally obvious. We can all see that.

Someone makes a solid counterpoint, and your response is essentially "Hm, maybe, but here's a vaguely-related post I made earlier that doesn't really pertain to your point.

The only counterpoints were about the scale and focal length/perspective. They are based on assumptions that are unlikely. Rockstar scaled the buildings correctly in IV and they probably did the same for V. Most would agree with that.

The focal length/perspective counterpoint assumes Rockstar used images that made the city look smaller. As I've said, that's highly unlikely.

Plus, I posted visual evidence that shows that even if they did make things look smaller, it wouldn't make a significant difference in estimating the map size. Maybe you missed it the first 2 times I posted it, so here it is again-

http://i.imgur.com/bR7CB.jpg

To claim that is a "vaguely-related post I made earlier that doesn't really pertain to your point" is incredibly stupid.

I don't give a shit about the map, my issue is you being a smug asshole.

Translation: "You were mean to my internet girlfriend and I'm all upset about it and now I'm going to call you some names."

Oh, and the GTA IV trailer looked like it did because it was based on a documentary that had the same angles and filming style, not to make the city look bigger.

Fact- taking pictures from low angles makes objects appear larger. Fact - there are shots of the city from the air in that documentary that show the true size of the city. Rockstar didn't use those.

The other three trailers didn't look like that.

The other trailers focus more on the characters and story than the city.

Also, do you remember how you "fixed" some of my posts and basically made some claims in the process? Well, I'm still waiting for your answers. I'm curious if you can back them up. I put them in a nice, easy to read image for you - http://i.imgur.com/KyRlc.jpg

The same way opinions based on one trailer and a few screenshots are still opinions. They should not be presented as facts...followed by derision for anyone that might not agree. TreeFitty's map does an amazing job of linking R*'s material to date into a visual, but you'll notice he didn't paint himself into a corner setting limits on what the game will really be like.

You do realize that a lot of his map is based on opinions, right?

Well, i defended the topic, but i cant defend that post.

:huh:

Gangsta attitude doesnt get very far around here, just saying.

Also, i like the kifflomesqe fact maxims, though im almost sure that was pure hysterical coincidence

The only counterpoints were about the scale and focal length/perspective. They are based on assumptions that are unlikely. Rockstar scaled the buildings correctly in IV and they probably did the same for V. Most would agree with that.

The focal length/perspective counterpoint assumes Rockstar used images that made the city look smaller. As I've said, that's highly unlikely.

That is the only part of your post that is relavent, i suggest editing your topic.

It was time to vent. I ignored the Muslim topic until it died, but this one isn't going anywhere, so, venting.

I would have been moderately interested in what you had to say...

Well, i defended the topic, but i cant defend that post.

Gangsta attitude doesnt get very far around here, just saying.

Also, i like the kifflomesqe fact maxims, though im almost sure that was pure hysterical coincidence

Well what do you expect when he gets called a twat, when all he's been doing is trying to do is provide evidence to his theory of how big Los Santos is.

I don't give a shit about the map, my issue is you being a smug asshole.

If you don't care about the map. why are you posting in the thread thats called "Los Santos Map Size?" ? If you think he's being a "smug asshole" take it to the Rants part of the forum rather than cluttering up a thread that you're not even contributing to (in a good way). :mods:

• Like 3

You've got a point...

But banana could be smarter...

Besides, banana is in here lurking waiting for some saucy response.. and trolling a moderator is about the dumbest thing you can do... Its like telling a cop to fuck off, you always loose. Grow up...

You've got a point...

Besides, banana is in here lurking waiting for some saucy response.. and trolling a moderator is about the dumbest thing you can do... Its like telling a cop to fuck off, you always loose. Grow up...

Cause and effect. A cop walks up to you and punches you in the face just because he thinks you're being a "smug asshole", whether he's a cop or not, you're gonna hit him back because the cop started it and everyone can see the cop started it.

Anyway back on topic (waits to see how long it lasts), everything that pud has shown so far seems to point to a rather small city, which suggests either another city somewhere, or just a huge forest/desert/mountain/whatever region surrounding it. Anyone got any evidence to prove pud's theory wrong?

• Like 2

Nothing that hasn't already been said:

...you were comparing apples to oranges...

...The validity of your map speculation is being upstaged by your tendency to bicker. ...

...TreeFitty's map does an amazing job of linking R*'s material to date into a visual, but you'll notice he didn't paint himself into a corner setting limits on what the game will really be like. ...

At least craze called it a theory. Puddin' is working himself into a lather over anyone that might not agree with him. It's preposterous to say, "the city will only be this big, and you can't prove otherwise"...NO SHIT Holmes, the game hasn't been released, so no one can say how big Los Santos will be in V, not yet. Speculate away, but don't pretend your theory is fact because no one can 'prove' you otherwise.

Puddin' is more interested in being right than having a real conversation. Out of curiosity, how much time have you spent being outraged about this topic and thinking up new things to say? You're lurking in wait like a bridge troll. :whistle:

• Like 4

Also, do you remember how you "fixed" some of my posts and basically made some claims in the process? Well, I'm still waiting for your answers. I'm curious if you can back them up. I put them in a nice, easy to read image for you - http://i.imgur.com/KyRlc.jpg

It's cute you think I have an obligation to answer you.

If you don't care about the map. why are you posting in the thread thats called "Los Santos Map Size?" ? If you think he's being a "smug asshole" take it to the Rants part of the forum rather than cluttering up a thread that you're not even contributing to (in a good way). :mods:

You see the classy green tag under my avatar that says 'Mod'? That means I can do whatever the fuck I want.

Bored now. Back on topic.

1. Your post is about a game that hasn't been released yet, so it's pure speculation.

2. The first thing bOnEs says in said link is:

"i don't why you had a hard time searching google for the answer though, i entered "biggest game map" and the 1st image explains it all... you're failing at the internet, bro..."

Same principle applies here, that's all.

GTAIV isn't on that map

• Like 1

That was covered not long after that post.

Took me a bit to read all of this probably should of read it all before posting.

I find this argument between the three of you stupid. Like Craze said, Pud was just.. (I love banana pudding) Pud was just trying to prove his point like Dup told him too. Yeh he did come off as a bit of a know-it-all but he wasn't really being a twat. No offence but you (Massacre) and gtagrl were being a bit twatty imo. Again, like Craze said.. he was reacting not attacking much like he did earlier with gtagrl.

Lets all just play nice now. I was really enjoying this thread. :)

• Like 2

You've got a point...

Cause and effect. A cop walks up to you and punches you in the face just because he thinks you're being a "smug asshole", whether he's a cop or not, you're gonna hit him back because the cop started it and everyone can see the cop started it.

When the hell is a cop going to punch you for no reason other then looking like a smug asshole?

If a cop decided it was a good idea to clock you, then he probably had a good reason. Unless cops are different in the UK to AUS most of them are pretty reasonable people just trying to do their job. All the crap that cops take these days from everyone I wouldn't blame them for hitting someone. Maybe then there would be some respect.

Here in Sydney most kids don't respect the police and think it's cool to hurl insults at them, because usually there would be no reaction. Also all the drunks and animals out on a Friday/Saturday night, plus these wannabe Lebanese Gangsta's we have here who think they can intimidate cops and there will be no repercussions. I swear they wouldn't dare do that back in Lebanon, because the police there would kick the shit out of them ( and rightly so ).

Thank god you don't live in a third world country where you don't have any rights. Just because you can act like an asshole doesn't give you the right to do whatever you want.

If the map size is so big i hope there would be many important people.

And that you could kidnap those people.

You have a good point, if it was too small, you'd have nowhere to hide your kidnap victims. :mellow:

If the map size is so big i hope there would be many important people.

And that you could kidnap those people.

You have a good point, if it was too small, you'd have nowhere to hide your kidnap victims. :mellow:

Oh