Map size is entirely depended on how many cities there are. I agree with banana that the los santos seems smaller than gta4... Lending a bit to the possiblity of multiple cities, and thus, a much larger map...

• Like 1

^ I hope the map is at least way bigger then that though. That map only seems like a third or smaller of San Andreas.

It's over 3 times the area of IV's map.

How big was SA compared to IV?

I recommend reading the forums, not just posting incessantly in one topic.

http://www.igta5.com/forums/topic/1397-what-game-has-the-biggest-map/page__view__findpost__p__31543

@Banana Pudding

If thats anywhere close to what LS will look like it's gonna be alot smaller than I thought it would be. There's gotta 2 or more islands we don't know about yet and I'm guessing one of them is San diego

^ I hope the map is at least way bigger then that though. That map only seems like a third or smaller of San Andreas.

It's over 3 times the area of IV's map.

How big was SA compared to IV?

I recommend reading the forums, not just posting incessantly in one topic.

http://www.igta5.com...dpost__p__31543

1. My post is about the map size of this game. I don't care about which game has the biggest map.

2. The post you linked to doesn't answer my question.

1. Your post is about a game that hasn't been released yet, so it's pure speculation.

2. The first thing bOnEs says in said link is:

"i don't why you had a hard time searching google for the answer though, i entered "biggest game map" and the 1st image explains it all... you're failing at the internet, bro..."

Same principle applies here, that's all.

I think that rockstar has only mentioned about los satos because thats gonna be the only city returning from gta sa.There can be some other cities such as san diego which is in southern california, but they couldn't introduce them in their real life names at the official announcement so rockstar did not give any info about them.And also if rockstar has introduced them in their fictional(in game) names,that would be like giving too much information at the official announcement.so they did not mention about them.

We will have no idea whatsoever until they actually announce it, so for now we'll have to wait and see. All we can do is look at the probabilities, and how San Diego is more probably to be included in a re-imagined Southern California than lets say, SF or LV.

I'm trying to figure out how much area the helicopter screenshot ( http://i.minus.com/ibnNnQJ1dZQOYR.jpg) covers on TreeFitty's map. Is this close?

ibhklnwrBcTVYy.png

the helicopter screenshot covers :

NW: north of Santa Monica (Ocean Towers)

NE: Beverly Center and north-west of Downtown

SE : Port of Long Beach (and maybe more to east)

helico10.jpg

• Like 1

1. Your post is about a game that hasn't been released yet, so it's pure speculation.

Do you even know which thread you're in? The title of the thread is "Los Santos Map Size".

2. The first thing bOnEs says in said link is:

"i don't why you had a hard time searching google for the answer though, i entered "biggest game map" and the 1st image explains it all... you're failing at the internet, bro..."

Same principle applies here, that's all.

You linked to an individual post. That post answered nothing. Your post was a waste of space.

This is what I want you to do:

-List the names of all the people who have posted in the thread who have contributed anything about the size of Los Santos.

-Look for your name on that list.

You don't see it, do you? Go bother someone else.

I'm trying to figure out how much area the helicopter screenshot ( http://i.minus.com/ibnNnQJ1dZQOYR.jpg) covers on TreeFitty's map. Is this close?

helico10.jpg

I'm not sure it goes that far north. I could have gone farther east though since I just included what was visible and not behind the buildings.

JqzCz.jpg

If it covers as much area as you say, it would make Los Santos even smaller.

Do you even know which thread you're in? The title of the thread is "Los Santos Map Size".

You linked to an individual post. That post answered nothing. Your post was a waste of space.

This is what I want you to do:

-List the names of all the people who have posted in the thread who have contributed anything about the size of Los Santos.

-Look for your name on that list.

You don't see it, do you? Go bother someone else.

That's a very endearing tone of condescension. Well done.

The post I linked to answered half of your question (it lists a size for the SA map), even if you were comparing apples to oranges. It also contained the suggestion that using Google and doing some research might be better than posting rhetorical questions. Do your own homework.

The staff haven't had to delete a page worth of my posts in this thread, so don't overinflate the value of your contribution. The validity of your map speculation, which I found interesting at first, is being upstaged by your tendency to bicker. The Pudding doth protest too much, methinks. Chill out.

• Like 1

It also contained the suggestion that using Google and doing some research might be better than posting rhetorical questions.

Rhetorical question? Asking how big a map is isn't a rhetorical question. Also, this is a message board. People ask questions and normal people answer them. Some other people would rather start a fight.

The staff haven't had to delete a page worth of my posts in this thread

Who had a page worth of posted deleted? Not me.

The validity of your map speculation, which I found interesting at first, is being upstaged by your tendency to bicker. The Pudding doth protest too much, methinks. Chill out.

All I asked was how big SA was compared to IV. Instead of answering or ignoring the question, you decided to start a fight. Don't pretend this isn't what you wanted.

You haven't contributed anything to this thread. You've made it worse. What we're doing now is because of you. #FACT

• Like 2

Take it to Rants and Raves fucknuts, this place is for GTA discussion.

Anyway, koekin looks like he's right, and QD, you've got bloody good eyesight cos i can't see the pleasure pier.

Take it to Rants and Raves fucknuts, this place is for GTA discussion.

Anyway, koekin looks like he's right, and QD, you've got bloody good eyesight cos i can't see the pleasure pier.

I looked at it again, thats actually a bridge .. Not pleasure pier...

Seeing both Ocean towers in this screenshot was a big surprise for me in july because I think they're also the inspiration of the small buildings to the left from the balcony guy (somewhere near Marina Del Rey).

datail10.jpg

About this screenshot too, I can't imagine Rodeo Drive without Wilshire Beverly Hotel :

wilshi14.jpg wbhote10.jpg rodeod13.jpg

Wilshire Beverly Hotel (WBH) - WBH & Rodeo Drive - Rodeo Drive layout

ibhklnwrBcTVYy.png

helico10.jpg

I don't know, but looking at these pictures makes me think that GTA V will have a small sandbox :/