About your hills countryside and beaches test. There is a section of the trailer where a section of desert is shown around a liqour store. That doesn't fit your hills countryside and beaches test so does that mean its not in the game?

To play devil's advocate, I will say that it's obvious small towns will appear in the hills and countryside outside of Los Santos, just as they did in San Andreas, and just as they do in real-life Los Angeles, and I'm sure liquor stores exist within them. That's not proof that we'll be seeing other cities by any means. I do have a sneaking suspicion that a R* version of San Diego will appear, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised/disappointed if it didn't. To think LV and SF will be included is a fool's folly, in my opinion, but none of us know anything more than the next anticipatory fan.

YEah I was just trying to disprove his theory that only hills, countryside and beaches will appear in the game.

YEah I was just trying to disprove his theory that only hills, countryside and beaches will appear in the game.

Tried and failed would be more accurate.

Lol how did I fail? You said that there were only hills countryside and beaches in the game when in the trailer there is a stretch of desert

Tried and failed would be more accurate.

Lol how did I fail? You said that there were only hills countryside and beaches in the game when in the trailer there is a stretch of desert

Well, you didn't prove that it's a desert. So, go ahead and submit your evidence.

Yes there is proof... The scene in wich it shows the ladies of the night (hookers) there is sn obvious desert enviroment in the background, and foreground. Hence the lack of an urban backdrop, but a large mountain. Only a few palm trees are seen, probably planted, and the sky shows the heat. So there is proof what's your face! HAH.

This 'discussion' has turned into stubborn twats bickering over semantics. Let's move away from squabbling and more into actual map discussion. I don't want to delete all this shit.

:bitchfight:

This 'discussion' has turned into stubborn twats bickering over semantics. Let's move away from squabbling and more into actual map discussion. I don't want to delete all this shit.

:bitchfight:

Agreed, I only stepped in to try and end the on-going argument.

Well if Banana pudding is right, I already know what the map will look like. There will be: Los Santos, surrounded by hills (NOTHING can be on the hills, for they only said hills).

Anyway, San Andreas was what... roughly 13mi^2? That's a pretty decent size in my opinion, would be really nice if it was that big *(or bigger) in GTA V. Full of countryside, beaches, mountains, deserts, urban city, ghetto...

they should have flat ground stretch out infinatly to the east and north. the same way the water stretches out infinatly in SA and IV.

it would be a repeated texture but its a better solution than making the entire map an island. plus it would be great for testing vehicle speeds and shit.

Look what they did from VC to SA. A city to a state, and Houser's been told not to say to much. So it's all up for speculation. We know we're getting one huge city and some countryside, but until the next trailer comes out we haven't a clue. The maps gonna be huge though i reakon, unprecedented.

Whatever size of map it is, the environment must be interact-able, at-least more than IV's map. IV lack in the interactivity.

Except for the fact that "present day Southern California" rules the fuck out SF and LV.

rite!?

But, they said reimagined state of california. Eg, San Andreas. Which gta cannon tells contains lv and sf aswell.

Who are you to decide how far the can reimagine it.

Looks good to me, nanners...

I'm not going to do all of the work on this one. I'll save some for you.

Go look at my last post above this one...

I don't know the exact fraction, but I don't really care. That area is roughly one-third of the map.

bhxmR.png

Remember my helicopter comparison - http://i.imgur.com/B8jzy.jpg

Notice that the sides got cut off a little on the IV pic, but the GTA V pic is at an angle which shows a lot more sky and significantly less land area - http://i.imgur.com/Rm05a.jpg

Study those a little.

How big does Los Santos look to you now? Convinced?