Compare the US Bank Tower to the California Plaza towers. The trailer ending is north of the lake.

I can see that, but like I said, I think it's close enough and I'm more interested in the size. How big do you think Los Santos is compared to Liberty City?

To be honest I'd want the city to be a lot bigger than your estimation, although I am impressed by your work. IV's LC was roughly, 6mi^2. So your estimation of LS would be roughly 3-3.5mi^2. And hypothetically if the map is to be bigger than SA's, that would mean it would be 13mi^2 or bigger. So 3/13 which is very roughly 1/5 would be city. To me that's way to little, I would expect maybe 1/3-1/2 city. But what do I know!

I think there are more cities in the game. I don't think they'd create a San Diego type city either. It would be too similar to Los Santos. I have a feeling San Fierro and Las Venturas are in it. I could be wrong though.

Compare the US Bank Tower to the California Plaza towers. The trailer ending is north of the lake.

I can see that, but like I said, I think it's close enough and I'm more interested in the size. How big do you think Los Santos is compared to Liberty City?

To be honest I'd want the city to be a lot bigger than your estimation, although I am impressed by your work. IV's LC was roughly, 6mi^2. So your estimation of LS would be roughly 3-3.5mi^2. And hypothetically if the map is to be bigger than SA's, that would mean it would be 13mi^2 or bigger. So 3/13 which is very roughly 1/5 would be city. To me that's way to little, I would expect maybe 1/3-1/2 city. But what do I know!

I think there are more cities in the game. I don't think they'd create a San Diego type city either. It would be too similar to Los Santos. I have a feeling San Fierro and Las Venturas are in it. I could be wrong though.

You're probably wrong, as the game "focuses on Southern California and surrounding areas" or whatever the quote was. SF is in Northern Californa and LV is in Nevada so...

San Diego is far more likely than those two cities.

You're probably wrong, as the game "focuses on Southern California and surrounding areas" or whatever the quote was. SF is in Northern Californa and LV is in Nevada so...

San Diego is far more likely than those two cities.

Their wording leaves SF and LV possible. They haven't ruled them out.

"heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches"

San Andreas also headed to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches. But, it also headed to other areas.

"a re-imagined, present day Southern California"

"Re-imagined" means they can include anything they want. It doesn't have to be accurate.

GameInformer: You just released the GTA V trailer. Can you talk about that project in any respect? Obviously, it looks like its going back to San Andreas.

Dan Houser: I've got to be real careful here, or they will drag me through the office and whip me with barbwire. I will stick to exactly what's in the press release. It's Los Santos and the surrounding country side

If SF and LV aren't in the game, why wouldn't he just say it? That reply looks like he's hiding something.

If San Fierro and Las Venturas are in the game, nothing they have said would be a lie. They have chosen their words very carefully.

Also, I really don't see the point of having both Los Angeles and San Diego. They're too similar. It would be like adding another island of skyscrapers to Liberty City - more of the same thing. Variety is better. Plus, San Diego isn't special or exciting enough to be included as a full city in their "most ambitious game".

Wow, you sure are committed to proving SF and LV will be in the game, for whatever reason. Are you one of those people who can't get over that this version of San Andreas will be different from the original? You're right it is possible that they're in the game. But the chances are sub 0.1%.

• Like 1

Ya, almost zero chance of SF or LV, after all neither have anything to do with Southern California...hell Las Vegas isn't even in California, and San Francisco "is the leading financial and cultural center of Northern California." San Andreas was California as a whole, but V is only covering Southern California.

Now that leaves open only a handful of cities to choose from if they plan on using a real city as a second town in the game.

San Diego to the south

San Bernardino to the east (although it might be too close to LA and be merged with Los Santos)

Oxnard to the northwest

Santa Barbara to the northwest

Bakersfield to the north

...and that's about it.

• Like 3

Wow, you sure are committed to proving SF and LV will be in the game, for whatever reason. Are you one of those people who can't get over that this version of San Andreas will be different from the original? You're right it is possible that they're in the game. But the chances are sub 0.1%.

I'm fine if they're in it or not. I'm just looking at the facts:

- The city that they've shown us isn't that big.

- It's their "most ambitious game". They've already made a game with 3 full cities in completely different areas with lots of variety. Anything less than that is a step backwards and can't be considered "most ambitious".

- Basically dodging the San Andreas question. If they're not in it, there's no good reason not to rule them out and have people think they're still possible. You don't want people to feel let down. You want them to find out they're getting more than they expected.

Ya, almost zero chance of SF or LV, after all neither have anything to do with Southern California...hell Las Vegas isn't even in California, and San Francisco "is the leading financial and cultural center of Northern California." San Andreas was California as a whole, but V is only covering Southern California.

Rockstar's quote:

a re-imagined present day southern California

reimagine: to form a new conception of

A re-imagined California can include anything they want to add. It could include Texas if they wanted.

You mention Las Vegas isn't in California. However, the license plates say San Andreas. In GTA, Los Santos and Las Venturas are both in the same state - San Andreas.

• Like 1

GTA IV was a reimagined NYC. All they are saying is that they aren't creating a model of the real world. They are altering things to fit their needs (condensing the map) just like Liberty City. Pointless saying Southern California just to put in anything from anywhere. They might as well have put Boston in GTA IV. It's a shorter drive than LA to San Francisco.

• Like 1

I really can't wait for the details of the map to come out, so this can finally be settled. The screenshots were released what... Just over 2 weeks ago? So "a few weeks" could mean anything from 3 weeks to probably 5ish max, or they would maybe refer to it as months. Personally I hope it's some information on the setting and map, or about the protagonist but I doubt it.

GTA IV was a reimagined NYC. All they are saying is that they aren't creating a model of the real world. They are altering things to fit their needs (condensing the map) just like Liberty City.

Just pointing out that they can include anything in a re-imagined setting.

Pointless saying Southern California just to put in anything from anywhere.

They stated that they're not going to reveal as much about this game before release as they did with the others so the players can discover things themselves. I can see them applying something like that to the map as well. Hold back information and let people think they're just getting one area and then reveal more in the next trailer. Imagine the hype and excitement if they did that.

They might as well have put Boston in GTA IV. It's a shorter drive than LA to San Francisco.

That's a bit of a stretch. Boston was never included in the same game as LC.

Also, how big do you estimate Los Santos to be compared to Liberty City?

I really can't wait for the details of the map to come out, so this can finally be settled. The screenshots were released what... Just over 2 weeks ago? So "a few weeks" could mean anything from 3 weeks to probably 5ish max, or they would maybe refer to it as months. Personally I hope it's some information on the setting and map, or about the protagonist but I doubt it.

They said a few weeks or so. That "or so" could mean anything with Rockstar. :roll:

Actually III era LC was based off of a variety of East Coast cities, including New York and Boston. Anyway, I predict LS to be roughly 2/3- same size as LC in IV. It's really hard to tell when we don't have a base size of the map.

As long as the city was dense and detailed, i wouldn't mind it be that size (maybe not the post above, but the green version), just as long as there's more to explore in the surrounding landscape.