know what just crossed my mind?

I wonder if R* accidentally leaks the map themselves.

I mean, back when 4 was advertised, in the 3rd trailer (move up, ladies) the map was visible in the cop-boat scene and if i'm right, this was well before it "officially" popped up. maybe something similar happens these days?

mplk.jpg

I mean, back when 4 was advertised, in the 3rd trailer (move up, ladies) the map was visible in the cop-boat scene and if i'm right, this was well before it "officially" popped up. maybe something similar happens these days?

mplk.jpg

That is quite true. However, i doubt that rockstar would have made the GPS that big this time, or even had it at all since it was pretty much pointless aside from it adding "realism".

mplk.jpg

That is quite true. However, i doubt that rockstar would have made the GPS that big this time, or even had it at all since it was pretty much pointless aside from it adding "realism".

To be fair, that trailer came out in December 07 and they released the basic map shape in February 08, so we didn't get very much advanced notice. So I doubt we'll see anything any earlier then that.

as for the size of the gps, it's not a gps in common sense but rather the digital replacement of printed maps used for maritime navigation and therefore the screens are this big so you can easily read and work with them.

I don't even go down the purpose-lane. for most parts, they're a legal requirement aswell as they have crucial info on the waters you drive, useless in game of course, but like I said, I don't wanna go there as you can basically question everything R* puts into the game then

Of course 3 months ahead isn't that much time ahead compared to the whole pr campaign we're looking at and also the visual quality of this "leak" isn't much to get excited about either, but still enough and better than nothing imho.

oh well let's wait and see...

I know exactly where things are in that pic (or at least the jet ski in the trailer since that's easy) but haven't updated my map yet. I got a few things to update on the main pages first. :P

I can kind of make out the Downtown skyline on the right. I think I see the other smaller bridges in the port area in the center. To the right of the parking lot light with the palm trees next to it. I'll take a look with photoshop later.

Putting everthing in perspective, trailer + screenshots, Los Santos looks smaller than Liberty City, but the countryside looks huge. And we still have a lot to discover.

The Grand Theft Auto 5 map should be at least three times bigger than Grand Theft Auto 4's Liberty City. This was confirmed by Rockstar about a month ago. It's something we can all look forward to...

The Grand Theft Auto 5 map should be at least three times bigger than Grand Theft Auto 4's Liberty City. This was confirmed by Rockstar about a month ago. It's something we can all look forward to...

uhm ... no?

R* didn't put a scale onto V's map yet, all they said is it's gonna be their biggest open world game, something they say about every open world game they release...

EDIT: stupid typo corrected

Edited by gmt
  • Like 1

Putting everthing in perspective, trailer + screenshots, Los Santos looks smaller than Liberty City, but the countryside looks huge. And we still have a lot to discover.

thats what i was thinking. actually this los santos doesnt look much bigger than the previous los santos.

there has to be at least one other city :)

Are you guys kidding me? The trailer shows how big it is for god sakes! It's literally displayed in front of your eyes how much larger it is?? And you guys may want to check your sources, Rockstar did confirm that the map was bigger than SA and Gta 4 about one month ago when people kept asking...

Are you guys kidding me? The trailer shows how big it is for god sakes! It's literally displayed in front of your eyes how much larger it is?? And you guys may want to check your sources, Rockstar did confirm that the map was bigger than SA and Gta 4 about one month ago when people kept asking...

they never confirmed the size and we are talking about the city alone, excluding the rest of the map.

check yourself before you rec yourself :)

Guest Marney-1

I look forward to a screencap or link to where they said that.

Thank. x

I look forward to a screencap or link to where they said that.

Thank. x

66lSE.jpg

Nowhere in there does it say that the map is bigger than IV or San Andreas. Perhaps you should wait for an official statement, rather than interpreting things in whatever way best suits your wishful thinking.

I hope it's larger than IV, and it probably will be considering the fact it will incorporate city and countryside. A mix of IVs urban part of map and RDRs countryside part of the map would be great.

Or where they'll place Mount Chilliad. Since it used to be just south of San Fierro. If they kept it in the same place the map would have to be like:

w9k8e1.gif