I might just get that game lmao

I have Driver SF. I got it on the cheap. It's not a bad game for a racer. You can't physically leave cars though, apart from switching to any vehicle around you.

R* said thats a huge map for a huge game... "Red Dead" huge? Or "The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall" huge? That was a huge mother******.

Yeah, Dan Houser said "Very Big Map", but considering there is only one major city, I don't see it being much bigger than RDR... If as big. I'm not bothered either way, just as long as there is enough activities to do in the country as there is in the city.

Los Santos the size of LC, or bigger. The whole map, 4 LC's, more?

It's bigger than LC, but nowhere was it said that it was X amount of times bigger.

"they are returning in what is our biggest open world game to date"

- http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/36881/asked-answered-max-payne-3-and-grand-theft-auto-v.html

Could mean it's the biggest map to date, making it larger than what I believe is the biggest so far, RDR. Or it could mean it's packed with a lot of content and stuff to do. Either way, it sounds fantastic.

icon11.gif

I wonder if the actual in game map will be 3D? Be nice to zoom in, zoom out, higher and lower the angle of view, spin it round etc.

It wouldnt surprise me.

Midnigh Club LA had that. And it was really well done.

The city itself should be HUGE, and should reflect on Los Angeles as much as possible, like the how LA is the big city in the northern part of the metro area. and smaller, interconnecting sub-citys go on for what seems like ever. If they realy remake as much of LA as i want and im sure other people want, then the city should turn out to be Big. i love GTA Sa, but the citys were so small it wasnt very fun. you could drive from the Ghetto to vine wood very fast, and as a matter of fact you could see Grove street from attop the Vine wood sign if the graphics allowed you to. so as long as they space things out and make the map more spread out, it would make look alot better

If San Fierro and Las Venturas aren't in GTA V then how would unlocking new areas work? I'm assuming that it would just be one big island and not 3/4.

I'm hoping there are numerous islands as it was always a great feeling once you've unlocked somewhere new and exploring it for the first time.

If San Fierro and Las Venturas aren't in GTA V then how would unlocking new areas work? I'm assuming that it would just be one big island and not 3/4.

I'm hoping there are numerous islands as it was always a great feeling once you've unlocked somewhere new and exploring it for the first time.

they could be able to do something like that. I have no idea at the moment how they could break up the map effectively, and have it not be cheesey at the same time, like invisible barriers or uncrossable mountains. but the islands got a little old throught the series. I honestly hope that the whole map is available from the start, but you have to unlock the good stuff like shops and things. And whos to say other citys wont be added? if they are, i might be able to see an island like system.

I was just thinking. If the game is set only in Los Santos, which is pretty much confirmed now. Will it be bigger than San Andreas in terms of actual map size? I realize San Andreas covered three cities and surrounding countryside, but everything was shrunk down and the cities were far smaller than any real city. GTA V clearly looks much richer in detail and bigger looking from what we have seen of it so far. But will it actually be bigger than San Andreas, or ever Red Dead?, since Rockstar have mentioned it is the largest and most ambitious game yet in their latest statement.

Might as well start discussing it, but don't moan that the game is going to suck because it's not going to be San Andreas, that's not the point of this thread.

Personally I hope it is bigger. And i hope to see loads of small country towns sprawled out over the countrysides, full of interesting characters to do side missions for and what not.

I think you've summed it up perfectly, initially I was disappointed it wasn't all of SA but the more I think about it just being Los Santo's the more I like the sound of it. R* know what they are doing and it could well be bigger than SA and maybe 10 years down the line bigger and better consoles we will see the whole of the SA but for now what we possibly have is like SA the defining game of a generation which strikes the balance between what SA & IV offered.

i agree but i really really enjoyed las ventras and san feirro and i hope they put them in gta v(im new to this website,if u respond do i have a inbox or something cuz idk i dont see one anywhere, and also i wanted to go into chat but it says i was kicked. ples help :)

Los Santos map approximation updated:

[see large image above]

imma be completeing honest, ur map is totally confuseing to me!!! :/

I know that it was confirmed by Rockstar awhile ago that GTAV would be set in Los Santos only. But I think the only reason they did this was to gauge a reaction from the public ( and decrease anticipation ). I think 6 months before release they will come out and say It will cover all 3 Cities from the original SA and the countryside inbetween ( therefore blowing away everyone's expectations and creating an even bigger hype surrounding the game ).

There are going to be JET AEOROPLANES!!!!! This means the map would have to be a decent size to accomodate them, otherwise it would be a pretty short trip from one side of the island to the other.

[...] otherwise it would be a pretty short trip from one side of the island to the other.

Like in San Andreas...

Los Santos map approximation updated:

large image

Well I definitly am impressed by what you've constructed so far, but where would you fit the two new screenshots in your LS map???

I was just wondering.

Also, I secretly still hope for there to be another big city besides LS, (not exactly as big as LS), But maybe a San Fierro or a Las Venturas, or both(thats reaching though, I know!). Oh well, we all got dreams dont we? :ermm:

The one with the helicopter would be above the group of streets right above the red car pic (being chased by the cops) looking south/southwest since that's Beverly Hills. The lake one would be right under the Vinewood sign pic for Echo Park looking west.

The one with the helicopter would be above the group of streets right above the red car pic (being chased by the cops) looking south/southwest since that's Beverly Hills. The lake one would be right under the Vinewood sign pic for Echo Park looking west.

Oh I just now spotted that you'd already written echo park there. Thanks, it just made me curious!

I know that it was confirmed by Rockstar awhile ago that GTAV would be set in Los Santos only. But I think the only reason they did this was to gauge a reaction from the public ( and decrease anticipation ). I think 6 months before release they will come out and say It will cover all 3 Cities from the original SA and the countryside inbetween ( therefore blowing away everyone's expectations and creating an even bigger hype surrounding the game ).

There are going to be JET AEOROPLANES!!!!! This means the map would have to be a decent size to accomodate them, otherwise it would be a pretty short trip from one side of the island to the other.

Your retarded.

Your retarded.

*You're. And don't flame.

We all know there is only one city. But I expect at least three small country towns.

I'm still faithful that we'll see either SF or LV.

As much as I would have liked to see those cities. I think 'V will look and feel great without them anyway.

• Like 1

Guest Marney-1

We all know there is only one city. But I expect at least three small country towns.

I'm still faithful that we'll see either SF or LV.

As much as I would have liked to see those cities. I think 'V will look and feel great without them anyway.

Yeah, this isn't a rehash of San Andreas 1992, it's a re-imagined, present day Southern California.